Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match (3647 Views)

Andy Ruiz In New Shape For First Fight Since Anthony Joshua Loss (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Explains The Role Of Islam In His Life After Beating Andy Ruiz In / Anthony Joshua’s Punch Cut Andy Ruiz In Left Eye In Rematch (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by donogaga(m): 11:43am On Dec 08, 2019
Deontay Wilder blasts Anthony Joshua after beating Andy Ruiz in re-match

WBC Heavyweight Champion of the world, Deontay Wilder has slammed Anthony Joshua for his “weak winning mentality” after the British-Nigerian boxer defeated Andy Ruiz on Saturday night in Saudi Arabia to reclaim his four heavyweight title.

Joshua, won with points and during the fight could be seen moving around the ring to avoid getting a knock out punch from Ruiz and Wilder has now slammed the boxer’s tactics saying if he was the one that Ruiz had knocked out in the first fight, he would have put Ruiz’s body on the ground, while also warning fans not to get their hopes up of a Joshua- Ruiz rematch.

Wilder, told The Athletic on Sunday morning: “Joshua did what he had to do to get the win. He ran around the ring and was on his bike all day,

“Basically, he had Klitschko in the camp and he was a lot like Klitschko. That jab-grab-hold method. That’s all he did tonight.

“You want to dominate guys, man. Maybe I’m just too rough, too hard-core and too much of a dream for this time and era, maybe the world wants that nice s***.

“My mentality is so different from these other fighters. But when I think of myself as a champion, you want to come out there and whoop his ass.

“I’m not coming in, after losing to this guy, to just dance and grab and jab and hold. I’m going to show the world and convince them I am the very best and that no one is close to me.”

“How can no-one say I’m not the very best in the world now?”

“I’ve given you what you pay for each and every time, especially when we’re talking about a heavyweight bout.

“Fans come to see knockouts. They come to see something dramatic, a body lying on the canvas, spread like it’s having birth. That’s what people want to see, and that’s my mentality.

“Joshua had many times he could’ve gone for the finish after he landed the right hand.

“When you land the right hand, you’ve tackled the distance.

When you land that punch, you know you’re in exact position for the second time around. But he was so hesitant… Joshua’s mentality was to survive. The Klitschko method.

“The difference is my mentality is that of a beast, a warrior, a king, an emperor, all those things.

“If he calls himself a king, he’s just on the nicer side of it. This is a brutal sport and that’s how I treat it. I ain’t showing no love for anybody in that ring.”

AJ declared after beating Ruiz that he will like to face Wilder but the American insisted: “I don’t think we’ll ever see a unification bout. We’ll never see it, and I don’t want people to get their hopes up on it because it’ll never happen.

“They couldn’t say anything about fighting me. They couldn’t mention my name. They went around me

“I’m too dangerous. You’ve seen what I do in the ring. I don’t play around

“And they know if Ruiz can get Joshua out of there, imagine. That’s why they stayed away from me.”

https://www.gistreel.com/deontay-wilder-blasts-anthony-joshua-after-beating-andy-ruiz-in-re-match/
Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Bewiseedet(m): 11:52am On Dec 08, 2019
Wilder, chill man ur shit ain't gonna work. AJ will as much as possible to avoid u.
Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by DaHrNn0001: 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
Maybe it should be said that ruiz is a different kind of boxer who has fast punches... For every fight,you need the right tactics... Deontay wanted show but AJ was focused on winning and claiming what's his that's why you can see the tenacity on his look. Wilder no think am o...

3 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
The Andy Ruiz guy would knockout Windmill.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by fulaniHERDSman(m): 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
Wilder go and face Ruiz first. If you do all these you're yapping, then I take you serious.
Happy Sunday to the first Family.
Sai Baba

4 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by drips8(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
A fight between Joshua and wilder will be lit.
Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Hypnotise: 12:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
In boxing as with everything else, you need a game plan. You just don't go around throwing punches because they are heavy. Strategy was A.J's secret of yesterday's victory.

4 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Kestolove(m): 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
cardi B is in lagos and Nigerian Kidnappers are not saying anything ba?

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by yenereal(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2019
Too many noise making.
Im everything you do, you don't stick to one game plan, else you are doom to fail. Ruiz came to win, so AJ could use every skill he knows to avoid being KO.
Now to you Wilder, go and face Ruiz and apply all the methods you have said else man won't take you serious.

3 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Twizzy30(m): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2019
How can you not love this guy

2 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Twizzy30(m): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2019
yenereal:
Too many noise making.
really ! Too many noise and he gets the job done with multiple K.Os.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Philistine(m): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2019
Smh! Is it not the same wilder that was outboxed and outfoxed by a 40yr old Ortiz? It was his right hand that saved him on the night.

4 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by yenereal(m): 12:39pm On Dec 08, 2019
Twizzy30:
really ! Too many noise and he gets the job done with multiple K.Os.

Tell him to go and face Ruiz. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Twizzy30(m): 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2019
yenereal:

are you for real? Ruiz is not threat to Wilder or fury trust me. You should tell your AJ to accept a fight with fury or Wilder if he's so sure of himself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by davillian(m): 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
Those who knows wilder knows what he is capable of.....
He would knock the lights off Aj eyes I'm sure of that.....
Like he said he is too dangerous for Aj
Wilder is filled with so much bitterness
So much anger and pain
He doesn't smile with his opponent...
You can't take wilders hook and your life will remain the same....
#team bomb squad.
#boxing is not a friendly game
#teamKO.
#teamhardhitters.

2 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by NaijaDonCast(m): 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
AJ WAS ON HIS BIKE ALL DAY, That line alone sinked a ship, Wilder if u get liver set up a bout with AJ, lets all decide

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by davillian(m): 1:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
NaijaDonCast:
AJ WAS ON HIS BIKE ALL DAY, That line alone sinked a ship, Wilder if u get liver set up a bout with AJ, lets all decide
Aj will avoid fighting wilder
Because any day he steps into the ring with wilder he is gone....
Wilder is the definition of power and stamina.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by NaijaDonCast(m): 1:30pm On Dec 08, 2019
davillian:
Aj will avoid fighting wilder Because any day he steps into the ring with wilder he is gone.... Wilder is the definition of power and stamina.
ok likes for Anthony Joshua shares for Deontay Wilder

4 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by davillian(m): 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
Philistine:
Smh! Is it not the same wilder that was outboxed and outfoxed by a 40yr old Ortiz? It was his right hand that saved him on the night.
That right hand has sent people from the ring to the ambulance...
There is no way wilder won't hit Aj with that right hand...
He even has more reach and night than Aj if I'm not mistaken.

1 Like

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by davillian(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2019
NaijaDonCast:
ok likes for Anthony Joshua shares for Deontay Wilder
I'm not here for this....
Take it or leave it wilder is brutal
Aj is too soft for wilder..
Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Numerouno94(m): 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
Am tired of this Wilder vs Joshua game.. Abeg wen is d rematch of Wilder nd Fury?
If a Fury who came bak after a long tym away frm d game,a Fury dat has issues wit Drugs nd alcohol, a Fury who lost passion 4 boxin at a point, a Fury who was out of shape culd give wilder a run 4 his money den i wonder wat d rematch wuld b lyk.

Wilder is gud no doubt. One of d best at d moment. Buh he shuld focus on stronger opponents nd nt boys who re ranked outside 50 nd 100,nd givin dem K.O in d first round..

2 Likes

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Prinss: 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
Like him or hate him, for me, Deontay Wilder represent the definition of a heavyweight champion for this time being. Daring, Charismatic and Brutal. I'm sure as hell Joshua will not fight with him till he's aged or sick. Andy Ruiz rematch? Next 6 years.
Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by MrHeff(m): 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2019
Prinss:
Like him or hate him, for me, Deontay Wilder represent the definition of a heavyweight champion for this time being. Daring, Charismatic and Brutal. I'm sure as hell Joshua will not fight with him till he's aged or sick. Andy Ruiz rematch? Next 6 years.
you guys are really funny. Wilder was offered $100m to fight AJ twice and he rejected. Tell the coward to accept.
Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by donogaga(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
Kestolove:
cardi B is in lagos and Nigerian Kidnappers are not saying anything ba?

Watch your words bro.

I bet you don't wanna joke with stuff like that.

Be guided!!!
Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Prinss: 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2019
MrHeff:
you guys are really funny. Wilder was offered $100m to fight AJ twice and he rejected. Tell the coward to accept.
Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Prinss: 7:38pm On Dec 08, 2019
MrHeff:

You have a link to that, sir?

Because what I read in the link below is quite different.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/17/deontay-wilder-says-can-earn-100m-anthony-joshua-unification-fight-9584918/

The money wasn't offered by Joshua. And it was 3 fights [2 with Josh] for $100m. As if he is not a champion himself.
Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by Slawormir: 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2019
Damnnnnn niggarrr
He should go fucckkk himself
Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by tooth4tooth: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2019
yenereal:

I tire oo .Too much of noise making. Challenge Ruiz and let's see. I can see some keypad warriors above me concluding on the match they have not seen.
Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by somtookeke(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2019
*Joshua tells Wilder, I'm coming for you*

https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/joshua-tells-wilder-i-coming-for-you.html

*Google Doodle: Who is Camille Claudel? Sculptor who defied gender discrimination*

https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/google-doodle-who-is-camille-claudel.html

*Cardi B apologizes to Ghanaian celebrities for shunning them (Video)*

https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/cardi-b-apologizes-to-ghanaian.html

*Share, like, comment*

1 Share

Re: Deontay Wilder Blasts Anthony Joshua After Beating Andy Ruiz In Re-match by otipoju(m): 11:47am On Dec 09, 2019
davillian:
Those who knows wilder knows what he is capable of.....
He would knock the lights off Aj eyes I'm sure of that.....
Like he said he is too dangerous for Aj
Wilder is filled with so much bitterness
So much anger and pain
He doesn't smile with his opponent...
You can't take wilders hook and your life will remain the same....
#team bomb squad.
#boxing is not a friendly game
#teamKO.
#teamhardhitters.

Story Story.

Wilder can fix fight with Ruiz after Fury to show us what he means. A stupid boxer that could not throw one punch against a 50 year old powerless Ortiz for 7 rounds.

Can Wilder stand AJ's power?
Go and rewatch AJ's previous fights.
He still remains the only fighter to ever drop granite chin Ruiz to the floor....and he did that with a left hook.

Wilder rejected a 100 million deal to fight Joshua.#facts.

Wilder likes to use AJ's name to draw attention to himself but will not sign up for a fight.

They now understand the stupid game that he is playing and choose to ignore him.

AJ's profile made him 60million dollars in 1 fight.Fury, 80 million for 5 fights. Wilder has never made more than 1.5 before he started using AJ to build his reputation. Do you think people are stupid or blind.

And let me educate you about boxing.
It is to the shorter mans ultimate advantage to box inside. Because he's hands are shorter, they will land faster because they have a shorter distance to travel compared to the longer arms that need to contract first before they can land.

So in war you dont fight to your opponents strengths, you neutralise and that is why those who know boxing are pleased with the perfect execution of AJ's strategy. Another fighter another style.

Now Ruiz also knew what was coming but did not exoect AJ to be able to hold up for 12 rounds and was expecting AJ to tire and then he could close the distance and go in for the kill...how wrong he was.

AJ Tyson will be easy work for AJ. Tyson has no real power in his punches that will do any damage to AJ and all AJ needs to do is to keep throwing straight rights to the body, Fury will cave in.

As to clumsy and spider leg Wilder, he will not and never get that space to throw that right, it will be all over very quickly as AJ will pounce on him with combinations he will not exepect.

This is boxing not brawling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ronaldo Greeting Empty Space In Support For Fans Who Are Barred For Corona Virus / Caf’s Hayatou And Anouma Accused Of Taking Qatar Bribes / "PLEASE HELP", I'm Having Problem With My Login

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.