Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) (39926 Views)

Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by madridsta007(m): 3:05pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:

I agree.
but it was a boring 12 rounds for us the viewers.

Not for the experienced fight fans. It was a masterclass.

New or casual fans can go and watch KSI vs Paul Logan on repeat. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Pennywise(m): 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:
IMO
He wasn't beaten.
One on one, AJ cannot withstand this guy.

Andy has quick fists but slow body movement, lethal jabs that could have knocked AJ out.

Anyways, no excuses. AJ won with sense.

#float like a butterfly and sting like a bee

Who were the other people in the ring with AJ?

Andy Ruiz is a non boxer. Just a fat guy who fantasize about being a world heavy weight champion and got lucky with one punch. He is done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
Incandescent:
Those fake Andy lovers/supporters on NL na dem need am pass
I bet the thing pain them die... Especially those Nyamiris grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by silentEXPLOSION: 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
Pennywise:

Who were the other people in the ring with AJ?

Andy Ruiz is a non boxer. Just a fat guy who fantasize about being a world heavy weight champion and got lucky with one punch. He is done.

grin
Before Ruiz, AJ has fought 21 fights. Knocked out all of them.

Until Ruiz knocked him out.

He had to change his tactic for a “non boxer”, for a “fat guy”.

Wow. Interesting.
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by kokomilala(m): 3:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
@rigarmotis,wa gbayi! He's an intelligent boxer like Lennox.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by sesan85(m): 3:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:

grin

Wow. Interesting.
slowpoke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:

Exactly.
That is why they are called pancake boxers.
That's Muhamad Ali widely known style of fighting "Float like a butter fly and sting like a bee". So would you call Ali a pancake boxer?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by toprealman: 3:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
Raydos:

I doubt if you watch the first leg and the second leg Videos, You only follow it up online

Andy Ruiz will beat joshua hands down, If they meet 10 times, Andy Ruiz will win 8

I'm very sure you never watch the Video, Joshua was beaten mercilessly in the first leg, Because he thought the guy was just a overweight boxer who he could easily beat, But he learnt his lessons after been beaten mercilessly in the first leg

He adjusted in the second leg, He didn't get too close to Andy, He was Running upandan while andy was facing him with all energy

Joshua was lucky to have won this match!
Meaning that if he took the pain to keep fit, AJ would have suffered same stuff Samuel Peter face this weekend.
We are saying same thing.....boxing is more of a mind thing.
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Great100000: 3:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:

grin

Wow. Interesting.
Before he met RUIZ he has fought 22 Fights and 21 out of it is by KO but he won Joseph Parker on UD, so don't say what you don't know Sir, you don't expect him to KO everyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by silentEXPLOSION: 3:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
Great100000:
Before he met RUIZ he has fought 22 Fights and 21 out of it is by KO but he won Joseph Parker on UD, so don't say what you don't know Sir, you don't expect him to KO everyone.

Sorry, maybe i misinterpreted this since he has only lost once to Ruiz

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by RamseyBolton: 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
salford1:

That's what happens when someone wins a fight he never really deserved. Easy come, Easy Go. Glad he learnt his lesson. Now he has to work hard like every other boxer out there. Unfortunately, he won't be the last, Burster Douglas and Hassim Rahman were like that too.

Joshua wasn't spectacular. The fight was boring

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
rigarmortis:

so AJ showuld have rushed at him like a danfo conductor screaming "bami gbe wire mi" abi?

Heheheee.. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2019
madridsta007:

Not for the experienced fight fans. It was a masterclass.

New or casual fans can go and watch KSI vs Paul Logan on repeat. undecided
grin

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by frozen70(f): 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
doctore212:
Abeg make him carry 2 Olosho, he will recover faster.

It is even scientifically proven that Oloshos help in brain restructuring

Why is it that every time, the only thing your brain responds to is olosho

Women never do you something

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by salford1: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
RamseyBolton:

Joshua wasn't spectacular. The fight was boring
Maybe to you, but not to true boxing fans. Some boxing legends even called the match a masterclass and likened it to Ali/Frazier.

I was hoping for a 12 round fight, and I am glad it went all the way. Ruiz got outclassed, outboxed and schooled by an Olympic gold medalist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by superability(m): 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2019
Just the perfect blow that humbled him.
But the guy dey proud before the fight na.

https://olist.ng/myprize?active_user=265233&active_type=cash&active_theme=prize
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by DeeMain(m): 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:

I agree.

Go and sit down mai fren! It was only boring because Ruiz could not land anything. Ruiz did not come to the party, thanks to AJ's superior style. It's why he's apologizing. He let his fans down.

Boxing as an art is not about being a beast or taking a beating, though it may involve that. It's about skill, IQ and sense. It's a science and an art.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by alexvatt(m): 4:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:
@kokomilala

I like AJ and give him full credit for his win.

But try and understand my point. I know boxing is a sport, and there are different techniques.

The technique AJ employed made the match boring.

It got to a point, Andy was frustrated, signalling to AJ “come fight me”.

Like in football, some team park the bus, while some play explosive attacking football.

You get the drift right?
U are a fool. In sports all u need is results, not how u go about it. Nobody cares weather the fight is boring or not. All is needed is result. Anthony Joshua knew what is at stakez and went for it. If he had lost that fight, that would have been an end to his carrier. Nobody cares about ur stupid and miserable opinion. AJ did the right things at the right time. AJ use to knock out his opponent in the ring. But this time is a different story. U have to take things the way it comes. Anthony Joshua did Andy Ruiz a big favour by bringing him to the limeline. Andy Ruiz was an unknown boxer, with no record. Now he is a former heavy weight champion of the world. A title not easy to come by. There are lots of great boxers who has never smelt that title. Andy Ruiz is a lucky boxer who became popular without much stress. So carry ur miserable life and opinion to somewhere else ok. U are a big fool!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by jaxxy(m): 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
drey076:
so his last fight was two on two abi?

please dont talk with hatred, AJ took advantage of his long hand to defeat him and that is all.

How do u think Tyson fury wins his matches? It’s his longer reach, he probably has the longest reach in the boxing world right now. He’s good and skillful bt has longer reach than his opponents that’s his advantage really. So don’t blame Joshua here for taking advantage of the what he has. No boxer is a fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by silentEXPLOSION: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
alexvatt:
U are a fool. In sports all u need is results, not how u go about it. Nobody cares weather the fight is boring or not. All is needed is result. Anthony Joshua knew what is at stakez and went for it. If he had lost that fight, that would have been an end to his carrier. Nobody cares about ur stupid and miserable opinion. AJ did the right things at the right time. AJ use to knock out his opponent in the ring. But this time is a different story. U have to take things the way it comes. Anthony Joshua did Andy Ruiz a big favour by bringing him to the limeline. Andy Ruiz was an unknown boxer, with no record. Now he is a former heavy weight champion of the world. A title not easy to come by. There are lots of great boxers who has never smelt that title. Andy Ruiz is a lucky boxer who became popular without much stress. So carry ur miserable life and opinion to somewhere else ok. U are a big fool!

I shouldn't be answering you because I see no reason why you should be hurling insults.

Everyone is free to air his or her own opinion.

You could have done better that that rubbish you typed up there.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by TLION(m): 4:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
I like this RUIZ
One on one this guy
Faint AJ 1 time swear
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by 66spirit(m): 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
He(RUIZ) actually thought he can win again? Apologies not accepted. Go home son.
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Suremikky(m): 5:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:
When Joshua started bringing out his tongue during his fight, I knew he would win it.

How does bringing out your tongue guarantee wining a boxing match? I’m very sure you would have said the opposite if Ruiz had knocked him out after he brought out his tongue
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by KoredeOG: 5:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:
IMO
He wasn't beaten.

Andy has quick fists but slow body movement, lethal jabs that could have knocked AJ out.

That was two on two match I guess

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by YungMillionaire: 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
toprealman:
This brother is a lazy opportunistic boxer. How can you be showing up for a heavyweight champion fight overweight? He never took this fight seriously.....and I doubt if he is interested in the fight. I pray he stays away from Wilder or Fury to avoid possible fatality.

The emboldened is what I was thinking about yesterday. Luis defense is very poor. He has a very strong chin and took tons of punishment from Joshua. However, if he goes against someone like Wilder and tries to slug it out, Wilder's wicked right hand could send Andy to the grave. I am not even joking here, Wilder can kill this guy. I will advise him not to face Wilder. He can handle Fury though, I have no doubt.
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by YungMillionaire: 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
silentEXPLOSION:

I agree.

The SAME complain you guys made on MAYWEATHER. Boring boring but MAYWEATHER went undefeated and remains the greatest of all time. Keep complaining. You want another human being to lay down his life for your entertainment. Keep looking.
Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
Suremikky:

How does bringing out your tongue guarantee wining a boxing match? I’m very sure you would have said the opposite if Ruiz had knocked him out after he brought out his tongue

Naah bro, sticking out his tongue was a sign to Ruiz that he was in control.

A J was taunting him with that tongue out move.

I've seen it play out a couple of times in UFC and boxing too.

It makes your opponent get mad or lode focus and slip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by YungMillionaire: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2019
jaxxy:

How do u think Tyson fury road wins his matches? It’s his longer reach, he probably has the longest reach in the boxing world right now. He’s good and skillful bt has longer reach than his opponents that’s his advantage really. So don’t blame Joshua here for taking advantage of the what he has. No boxer is a fool

Also Wilder does NOT brawl either at least not UNTIL he is ready to deliver his deadly right hand. Most of the people here don't understand boxing. They just driven by emotions or tribalism. Joshua was the smarter and better fighter that is why he won. Case closed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Apologizes To Fans After Being Beaten By Anthony Joshua (Video) by do4luv14(m): 6:01pm On Dec 09, 2019
The famous rumble quote from Ali,

but it paid of, it was tactics Aj use, a very disciplined one for that matter,
boxing to Ruiz strenght was asking for trouble, as per the first fight

plus Ruiz body mass had always been his saving grace

silentEXPLOSION:
IMO
He wasn't beaten.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lionel Messi's Free Kick Against Liverpool Voted Best Champions League Goal / Super Eagles Train In MKO Abiola Stadium Ahead Of The Second Leg Clash.. Video / Naomi Osaka Lights The Olympic Cauldron

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.