Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone (2717 Views)

How Can I Track Or Block A Stolen Phone? / How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!! / How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by AMI3(m): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2019
Somebody stole my phone yesterday in the church. Please guys if there is a way I can track the phone let me I will be very grateful. the phone is Infinix Hot note 5
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by SimDan95(m): 10:11am On Dec 09, 2019
waiting for the techies In the house
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by donpedro11(m): 10:40am On Dec 09, 2019
AMI3:
Somebody stole my phone yesterday in the church. Please guys if there is a way I can track the phone let me I will be very grateful. the phone is Infinix Hot note 5

Will you pay
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by dawnomike(m): 11:03am On Dec 09, 2019
AMI3:
Visit the nearest police station in your area to report the case. Provide them with your IMEI number of the phone and wait. Your phone will surface in less than 10 days.

NB: Be ready to give them like 10k if you want a result except if the DPO is a good Nigerian, the you can get it done for free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by AMI3(m): 11:35am On Dec 09, 2019
donpedro11:

Will you pay
how much?
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by AMI3(m): 11:37am On Dec 09, 2019
dawnomike:
Visit the nearest police station in your area to report the case. Provide them with your IMEI number of the phone and wait. Your phone will surface in less than 10 days.

NB: Be ready to give them like 10k if you want a result except if the DPO is a good Nigerian, the you can get it done for free.
Thanks
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by OddslordIsBack: 11:37am On Dec 09, 2019
if you av 40k,you're gud to go
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by tobby20: 12:49pm On Dec 09, 2019
OddslordIsBack:
Killer how much is hot 6 ,,kill am
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by enawt: 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
OddslordIsBack:

So you actually stole the phone and want to collect the exact worth of the phone to give it back?
Barawo! Wawa!
When I saw oddslordisback, I knew you'd be a swindler
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by decub: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
AMI3:
Pretty difficult if you don't have any tracker in the phone prior to the time you lost it.

Your best bet could be police cos I learnt they have a device for tracking with IMEI.

If you have an anti-virus like kerspesky, just log into your dashboard from another device. Google find my device can do too and it will show u the exact location with pictures of the building, once you get to the place, click on 'play sound'.

In the absence of these, use google map from web and track the movement of the phone (possible if the phone is connected to the internet and has not been reset).
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by LilSmith55(m): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2019
decub:

Pretty difficult if you don't have any tracker in the phone prior to the time you lost it.

Your best bet could be police cos I learnt they have a device for tracking with IMEI.

If you have an anti-virus like kerspesky, just log into your dashboard from another device. Google find my device can do too and it will show u the exact location with pictures of the building, once you get to the place, click on 'play sound'.

In the absence of these, use google map from web and track the movement of the phone (possible if the phone is connected to the internet and has not been reset).

All this won't work if the phone has been wipe or format

1 Like

Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by LilSmith55(m): 4:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
decub:

All this won't work if the phone has been wipe or format... only imei tracking is possible

That was how they stole my infinix hot 8... bout the phone on the 22 of last mont and it was stole at bus stop 6 days later, that's 28 of last month...

1 Like

Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by donpedro11(m): 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
LilSmith55:

All this won't work if the phone has been wipe or format... only imei tracking is possible

That was how they stole my infinix hot 8... bout the phone on the 22 of last mont and it was stole at bus stop 6 days later, that's 28 of last month...

IMEI and if its a rooted phone
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by OddslordIsBack: 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
tobby20:

Killer how much is hot 6 ,,kill am

Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by OddslordIsBack: 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2019
[quote author=enawt post=84767385]

So you actually stole the phone and want to collect the exact worth of the phone to give it back?
Barawo! Wawa!
When I saw oddslordisback, I knew you'd be a swindler[/qu.
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by AMI3(m): 6:34am On Dec 10, 2019
decub:

Thank u. somebody told me that they will use IMEI to track it with the number. . i am taken the receipt of the phone to to do that today. thanks
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
AMI3:
Thank u. somebody told me that they will use IMEI to track it with the number. . i am taken the receipt of the phone to to do that today. thanks
have u recovered ur phone yet?
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by ominilongest(m): 1:30am On Jan 18, 2020
dawnomike:

Which police station bros grin
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by AMI3(m): 10:12am On Jan 18, 2020
Baddestguyp:
have u recovered ur phone yet?

No not yet
do u have solution for that!
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by yeahgood: 12:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
Keep us updated, please
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by Baddestguyp(m): 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
AMI3:

No not yet
do u have solution for that!
nope, I was asking cos they snatched my sis phone yesterday...and we wanna report to police
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by AMI3(m): 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2020
Baddestguyp:
nope, I was asking cos they snatched my sis phone yesterday...and we wanna report to police

go ahead and report they will track it for u.
but they will charge u 10k which b refunded once he is caught
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by awoo47: 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
LilSmith55:

All this won't work if the phone has been wipe or format
exactly
find device works with google account
Nd if them don root am nd change d imei
dats all...
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by Ejadike(m): 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2020
AMI3:
report to the police.
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by AMI3(m): 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
Ejadike:
report to the police.
thanks. i will do that
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by Ejadike(m): 9:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
Baddestguyp:
just visit the nearest police station.
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by LilSmith55(m): 7:25pm On Jan 20, 2020
awoo47:
exactly
find device works with google account
Nd if them don root am nd change d imei
dats all...

If the device has been wiped, the Find My Device won't work, because the mail you want to find the device with is no more on the device

1 Like

Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by Uchetechs(m): 7:18am On Jan 21, 2020
This might help
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by awoo47: 8:30am On Jan 21, 2020
LilSmith55:

If the device has been wiped, the Find My Device won't work, because the mail you want to find the device with is no more on the device
i think dey can track with imei if d phone is connected to a network
Re: Please Guys How Do I Track A Stolen Phone by LilSmith55(m): 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
awoo47:
i think dey can track with imei if d phone is connected to a network

Yes... The IMEI will be taking to the Network providers, and will be place on watch, anytime the user Make a call with the phone, the thief number will be marked, then it can be tracked by he or she phone number....

But it can be very hard to track with all this Mediatek phone that can be easily root and IMEI change

If it's Samsung or iPhone just relax, ur phone will be found very quickly only if the thief doesn't ever use the phone then it won't be found...

But u see all this infinix, techno, itel and all does Chinko phone.... If your phone fall under this categories, just find money join the money u want to use to track the phone and buy another one....

Then you can track the lost phone when you get enough money, enough money that if they didn't find the phone withing 1 or 2 year u won't be pained

My infinix hot 8 was stolen last month after only 4 days of usage Nov 22 - Nov 26... Went to the police station and was told to bring 20k..

I just add 16k to that 20k and bought another one that I'm using now....

(1) (Reply)

Any Latest Opera For Mobile? / Itel Prime 1701 / Who Is Using Infinix S3X ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.