Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

....the Future Of Ehailing....... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ....the Future Of Ehailing....... (2018 Views)

Solutions To Uber, Bolt And Ocar Ehailing Issues / Please, I Need A Car For Ehailing / Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

....the Future Of Ehailing....... by dru23(m): 10:46am On Dec 09, 2019
Since the arrival of Ocar to the ehailing market. The future looks very bright and promising to drivers . The Ocar arrival has put the predictions, and the prophecy makers into confusion.. The ones by the fence will likely start rushing back into the business..

To Uber Drivers: Most of you now are happy and making money. When uber was slavery work, you still work crazy hours. And now that Ocar is now in the picture am sure you still do slavery hours.. And not because you have to , but because of greed .. I see no reason why any drivers should not remit the agreed rental agreement. Especially when the car is in good conditions. A smart ehailing driver will look for a good partner and finds ways to make constant money for himself and than pay his rental. Drivers are making good money without needing to put in crazy hours. Drivers be smart and be focus .. This is an opportunity to make the best out of it and put aside extra money for raining day.

To Investors Coming in : make sure your car is in good order. If your car is in good shape , a driver has no bloody excuse not deliver is weekly rental.. We have more bad drivers, than good partners. Always keep that in the back of your mind..
The business is still challenging, but if you take your time and only rent out cars that you are able to control, you do fine. But if you decide to neglect the business and you are not hands on . You have nobody to blame, but yourself.. Take the business serious treat it like a baby.. Do inspections, ask questions and talk to other people in the same line of business as you. If a driver is complaining look into and look for solutions. But also be objective with what you do.. Make informed decisions, and be vigilant.. Drivers and mechanics can be very cunning ..

Conclusion: In any business a man does. Try your best to ride it out and hope for the best . A lot of people tend to give up easily . especially when the tough gets going. Have been investing in uber from day one now ,have seen a lot. And am still investing, the only thing now is that am cautious with whom I give my car out to .... I am not in hurry to look for drivers. I have learn that this business is a jungle, pity is for weak .. This business is like drug game.. ' You can't be a sheep among wolves ' ....

I WELCOME EVERYBODY TO THE NEW IMPROVE EHAILING MARKET .... The Ehailing business is a Marathon, not a sprint ......thread carefully like you will do with any other business......

4 Likes

Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by A305: 11:04am On Dec 09, 2019
Megaphone shout out to you Dru23.

You just said it like it is. Ehailing is a challenging business and a game of not knowing who to trust but like you said if you have you hands on it under your control, the money will keep rolling in nonstop, provided your rental car is top notch good. You have one way or the other motivated and still motivating lots of people in this line of business. All i can say is make an ebook so new investors don't get their fingers burnt when trying to testing the water because c'est la vie.

3 Likes

Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by dru23(m): 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
A305:
Megaphone shout out to you Dru23.

You just said it like it is. Ehailing is a challenging business and a game of not knowing who to trust but like you said if you have you hands on it under your control, the money will keep rolling in nonstop, provided your rental car is top notch good. You have one way or the other motivated and still motivating lots of people in this line of business. All i can say is make an ebook so new investors don't get their fingers burnt when trying to testing the water because c'est la vie.

Thanks my brother ....

1 Like

Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by okechukwu101: 8:13pm On Dec 17, 2019
pls whats Ocar offering to drivers that Uber was not .
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by dru23(m): 9:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
okechukwu101:
pls whats Ocar offering to drivers that Uber was not .

Better bonus ...
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by rapheal5(m): 10:58pm On Dec 22, 2019
Hello sir I'm planing on starting ehailing next February but i need advice on what type of car is good for the business and my budget is between 850 to 900k for nigeria used car pls how can u be of help to me.....thanks in anticipation
dru23:
Since the arrival of Ocar to the ehailing market. The future looks very bright and promising to drivers . The Ocar arrival has put the predictions, and the prophecy makers into confusion.. The ones by the fence will likely start rushing back into the business..

To Uber Drivers: Most of you now are happy and making money. When uber was slavery work, you still work crazy hours. And now that Ocar is now in the picture am sure you still do slavery hours.. And not because you have to , but because of greed .. I see no reason why any drivers should not remit the agreed rental agreement. Especially when the car is in good conditions. A smart ehailing driver will look for a good partner and finds ways to make constant money for himself and than pay his rental. Drivers are making good money without needing to put in crazy hours. Drivers be smart and be focus .. This is an opportunity to make the best out of it and put aside extra money for raining day.

To Investors Coming in : make sure your car is in good order. If your car is in good shape , a driver has no bloody excuse not deliver is weekly rental.. We have more bad drivers, than good partners. Always keep that in the back of your mind..
The business is still challenging, but if you take your time and only rent out cars that you are able to control, you do fine. But if you decide to neglect the business and you are not hands on . You have nobody to blame, but yourself.. Take the business serious treat it like a baby.. Do inspections, ask questions and talk to other people in the same line of business as you. If a driver is complaining look into and look for solutions. But also be objective with what you do.. Make informed decisions, and be vigilant.. Drivers and mechanics can be very cunning ..

Conclusion: In any business a man does. Try your best to ride it out and hope for the best . A lot of people tend to give up easily . especially when the tough gets going. Have been investing in uber from day one now ,have seen a lot. And am still investing, the only thing now is that am cautious with whom I give my car out to .... I am not in hurry to look for drivers. I have learn that this business is a jungle, pity is for weak .. This business is like drug game.. ' You can't be a sheep among wolves ' ....

I WELCOME EVERYBODY TO THE NEW IMPROVE EHAILING MARKET .... The Ehailing business is a Marathon, not a sprint ......thread carefully like you will do with any other business......
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by dru23(m): 11:11pm On Dec 22, 2019
rapheal5:
Hello sir I'm planing on starting ehailing next February but i need advice on what type of car is good for the business and my budget is between 850 to 900k for nigeria used car pls how can u be of help to me.....thanks in anticipation

I replied you on another post , on type of car . I mention 03 to 05 Honda civic .. This is talking from experince, the only issue with civic is low ground clerance. Changing the tires and rims from 14 to 15 might help. Am thinking of doing it on the next civic I put up for uber..

Nigerian used cars: I bought all my cars tokunbo, I am not a big fan of Nigerian used cars. Most Nigerian used cars have been abused and maintainence neglected.. Most times the seller is selling you his problem. So unfortunately I can't give advice on that .. Even if I tell you to take a mechanic to look at the car . There are certain issues that you wouldnt known until after driven the car for few weeks or months .. It is a 50/50 chance you taking....
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by rapheal5(m): 11:31pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ok sir i sent u a mail already how much is the cost of tokunbo for 05 and 03?
dru23:

I replied you on another post , on type of car . I mention 03 to 05 Honda civic .. This is talking from experince, the only issue with civic is low ground clerance. Changing the tires and rims from 14 to 15 might help. Am thinking of doing it on the next civic I put up for uber..

Nigerian used cars: I bought all my cars tokunbo, I am not a big fan of Nigerian used cars. Most Nigerian used cars have been abused and maintainence neglected.. Most times the seller is selling you his problem. So unfortunately I can't give advice on that .. Even if I tell you to take a mechanic to look at the car . There are certain issues that you wouldnt known until after driven the car for few weeks or months .. It is a 50/50 chance you taking....
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by dru23(m): 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2019
rapheal5:
Ok sir i sent u a mail already how much is the cost of tokunbo for 05 and 03?

Cost of civic varies o.. To be on the safe side budget 1.5m naira .. And before you buy also trying looking for a partner that has one rental... drive it for and see if it is something you can use your own money to buy.. That will be my sincere advice...

Also there is a guy on nairaland called adaman he ships cars from Canada for 1.2m .. He had one few weeks ago or so .. Hit him up for request, have not bought any car from him.. But he has good reviews from buyers .. Give him buzz on whatapps +1 (437) 221-5476
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by zubby147: 8:34am On Dec 23, 2019
Good morning sir..I'm planning starting an e hailing biz this January 2020.i have done alot research on cars.i have 3 cars in mind:
2005 toyota corolla
2010 honda civic
2006 toyota camry.

sir which car you think is better in fuel consumption and maintenance based on your experience?
thanks so much.
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by dru23(m): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2019
zubby147:
Good morning sir..I'm planning starting an e hailing biz this January 2020.i have done alot research on cars.i have 3 cars in mind:
2005 toyota corolla
2010 honda civic
2006 toyota camry.

sir which car you think is better in fuel consumption and maintenance based on your experience?
thanks so much.

The ones that am currently using now , Elantra 08, Civic 03 to 05. The civic has the best in fuel consumption and maintaince .. But ground clearance is what the Elantra has a bit of edge

2005 Corolla is a good choice. You can't go wrong..
2010 Civic ...I can't say much on 2010 Civic ,because I only use 03 to 05.
Camry ....Big daddy is ok ,but it is a 2.4liter engine .. For uber business from 2.0 liter engine down is best for fuel economy
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by zubby147: 9:55am On Dec 23, 2019
Thanks so much sir....you the best...
will go for the toyota corolla 05...
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by dru23(m): 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2019
zubby147:
Thanks so much sir....you the best...
will go for the toyota corolla 05...

Ok no problem ...make sure it is tokunbo .. You go buy naija used because it is clean. And few weeks later the car dey short oil . You are on your own o
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by zubby147: 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2019
I'm buying a tokunbo....do you know any good car importer in Lagos that sell nor accidental car?
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by rapheal5(m): 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
Alright thanks
dru23:

Cost of civic varies o.. To be on the safe side budget 1.5m naira .. And before you buy also trying looking for a partner that has one rental... drive it for and see if it is something you can use your own money to buy.. That will be my sincere advice...

Also there is a guy on nairaland called adaman he ships cars from Canada for 1.2m .. He had one few weeks ago or so .. Hit him up for request, have not bought any car from him.. But he has good reviews from buyers .. Give him buzz on whatapps +1 (437) 221-5476
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by dru23(m): 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2019
zubby147:
I'm buying a tokunbo....do you know any good car importer in Lagos that sell nor accidental car?

+1 (437) 221-5476. Hit him on whatapps
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by defhenry(m): 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2019
zubby147:
Search for Gazzuz on Nairaland, he will get u a car that will give u zero issues

1 Like

Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by dru23(m): 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2019
defhenry:

Search for Gazzuz on Nairaland, he will get u a car that will give u zero issues

Guy on my own post ....
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by Moneystopnonsen: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2019
dru23:

U go soon delete their app, ask portharcourt drivers
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by dru23(m): 9:33am On Dec 26, 2019
Moneystopnonsen:

Hopefully they will sort out their glitches .... Lagos is their number 1 focus now , so logically they will sort out issues starting from Lagos and improve on other cities .. PH can wait for now, Lagos is where the fight dey..
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by Moneystopnonsen: 2:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
dru23:

Hopefully they will sort out their glitches .... Lagos is their number 1 focus now , so logically they will sort out issues starting from Lagos and improve on other cities .. PH can wait for now, Lagos is where the fight dey..

Bros not glitches, these folks had to crash prices after their promo. A place that taxify will charge 4,000 opay will charge 1,600. Most drivers have deleted their app until they upgrade their price
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by Moneystopnonsen: 4:18am On Dec 27, 2019
dru23:

Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by rasheedonas11(m): 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
Very good
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by rasheedonas11(m): 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2019
Good day dru ,i need a car for uber on Higher purchase
Re: ....the Future Of Ehailing....... by dru23(m): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
rasheedonas11:
Good day dru ,i need a car for uber on Higher purchase

Sorry bro. I don't do higher purchase

(1) (Reply)

Most Reliable Cars. We Once Had A Lil Squabble Over This. Please Enjoy. / Timing Belt Replacement For Cars. / Peugeot 406 Spark Plug Issue (I Just Don't Know Again)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.