Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Tips To Control My Dogs Excessive Barking And Aggression - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Tips To Control My Dogs Excessive Barking And Aggression (950 Views)

My Dog Kept Barking At Me Don't Know Until I Goggled This / My Ram Died And I Roasted It For My Dogs (photos) / Threatened By A Snake, Warned By My Dogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To Control My Dogs Excessive Barking And Aggression by amizzy48(m): 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
MY FEMALE GSD BARK EXCESSIVELY AT THE SITE OF A STRANGER IN MY COMPOUND EVEN WHEN I COME OUT TO SEE D PERSON SHE CONTINUE BARKING , MOST TIME WHEN ON CHAIN SHE LOSE HER SELF AS A RESULT FORCE APPLY ON THE CHAIN ,I NW DOUBLE THE CHAIN TO PREVENT HER FRM LOSING IT BUT THE FUNNY ASPECT IS THAT SHE HASN'T BITE ANYBODY EVEN WHEN SHE LOSE HERSELF, SHE ONLY SCARED PEOPLE AWAY WITH HER ACTION AND BARKING, SHE RESPECT ME VERY WELL AS WELL AS OTHER MEMBERS OF MY HOUSE . MY FEAR NW IS THAT THIS EXCESSIVE BARKING MIGHT AFFECT HER PREGNANCY BY TIME SHE WOULD BE PREGNANT

Re: Tips To Control My Dogs Excessive Barking And Aggression by Danzakidakura(m): 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
This environment is not good for that Dog, get her a nice cage away from public view where she wont have contact with people and only free her at night.
Re: Tips To Control My Dogs Excessive Barking And Aggression by IamAnderson(m): 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
Danzakidakura:
This environment is not good for that Dog, get her a nice cage away from public view where she wont have contact with people and only free her at night.
this is a very terrible idea and it'll worsen the case
Re: Tips To Control My Dogs Excessive Barking And Aggression by IamAnderson(m): 1:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
amizzy48:
MY FEMALE GSD BARK EXCESSIVELY AT THE SITE OF A STRANGER IN MY COMPOUND EVEN WHEN I COME OUT TO SEE D PERSON SHE CONTINUE BARKING , MOST TIME WHEN ON CHAIN SHE LOSE HER SELF AS A RESULT FORCE APPLY ON THE CHAIN ,I NW DOUBLE THE CHAIN TO PREVENT HER FRM LOSING IT BUT THE FUNNY ASPECT IS THAT SHE HASN'T BITE ANYBODY EVEN WHEN SHE LOSE HERSELF, SHE ONLY SCARED PEOPLE AWAY WITH HER ACTION AND BARKING, SHE RESPECT ME VERY WELL AS WELL AS OTHER MEMBERS OF MY HOUSE . MY FEAR NW IS THAT THIS EXCESSIVE BARKING MIGHT AFFECT HER PREGNANCY BY TIME SHE WOULD BE PREGNANT
the dog was obviously not socialized, and I can tell she stays on that chain for too long
Re: Tips To Control My Dogs Excessive Barking And Aggression by Ofuks(m): 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2019
Dear OP,

Dogs are pack animals. They move around in packs and they usually develop bad habits and tempermental issues when they are isolated and lonely. Dog Socialization is all you need.
Start by taking your dog on short walks around your neighbourhood, then gradually allow your dog to meet other dogs. (Ask the other dogs owners first). This will help your dog to adapt and differentiate the different activities in your neighbourhoo, like motorcycle and car sounds and horns, joggers and kids running around and other dogs.

My dogs were creating a lot of ruckus and destroying my things until I joined a dogs connect group and started socializing them.
You can thank me later.
Re: Tips To Control My Dogs Excessive Barking And Aggression by vincentjk(m): 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
It's common with gsds, walk and socialize her
Re: Tips To Control My Dogs Excessive Barking And Aggression by Nicklaus619(m): 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2019
Count ya self lucky oop, the first dog I trained was German Shepard,dud will eat and sleep even before me grin,
He. Dosent bark at strangers, infact he love attention always possing for camera, grin
I had to relocate the dud for my parents, the purpose of buying the dog was defeated, then I bought my samoyed this year, his is 9 months old now very aggressive and barks at anyone, all my neighbors inclusive, and boy do I love him b grin

Re: Tips To Control My Dogs Excessive Barking And Aggression by Endy10(m): 9:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
Ofuks:
Dear OP,

Dogs are pack animals. They move around in packs and they usually develop bad habits and tempermental issues when they are isolated and lonely. Dog Socialization is all you need.
Start by taking your dog on short walks around your neighbourhood, then gradually allow your dog to meet other dogs. (Ask the other dogs owners first). This will help your dog to adapt and differentiate the different activities in your neighbourhoo, like motorcycle and car sounds and horns, joggers and kids running around and other dogs.

My dogs were creating a lot of ruckus and destroying my things until I joined a dogs connect group and started socializing them.
You can thank me later.

I concur with this. Majority of dog owners in Nigeria don't know the importance of socialization. It should be one of the first things you do when you get a pup. Socializing your dog doesn'tean it won't do what it's suppose to do when the need arises (if you've got the correct breed with working characteristics)

I also suspect that you dog has not been trained. Does it obey basic obedience commands? I would recommend you watch Victoria Stillwel's videos on YouTube. Would be a nice guide for you.

Wish you good luck with your dog

(1) (Reply)

Home-made Cat Food. / Boerbol Puppies Available In Lagos For 65k Negotiable *PAYMENT ON DELIVERY* / 10weeks Boerboel For Sale 150,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.