Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Panpiec Appreciates Yoruba Who Lost Their Lives Protecting Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panpiec Appreciates Yoruba Who Lost Their Lives Protecting Igbo (396 Views)

Soludo Mourns Dr Nwando & Others Who Lost Their Lives In The Kaduna Train Attack / Hope Uzodinma Pays N8M To Fulani Herdsmen Who Lost Their Cows / No Yoruba Who Is Freely Born Should Vote For 'shallow-minded' Buhari - Shi'ites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panpiec Appreciates Yoruba Who Lost Their Lives Protecting Igbo by Saintbossman: 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2019
The Director of Media and Publicity of Pan Nigeria Presidency of Igbo Extraction Coalition (PANPIEC), Prince Erondu Uche has expressed his gratitude to the Yoruba nation. In a statement made available to news men today Monday 9th December 2019 PANPIEC Spokesman said that the good relationship existing between Yoruba and Igbo should not be truncated because of the actions of some crafty political leaders. The statement reads;

"I wish to appreciate the Yoruba Nation and correct the impression that they hate Igbo. Yoruba don't hate Igbo. It has been established that Igbo and Yoruba tribes have Ancestral link. I think this explains the love and mutual understanding that exist between the duo.Some Scholars argue that Yoruba love Igbo more than any other tribe in Nigeria. The long standing good relationship between them appears to have proved this assertion beyond doubt.

After the war, Igbo who left southwest as a result of the war returned aftewards to meet their businesses and possessions intact. In the whole of Yoruba land there was no abandoned property as experienced in other regions.
Thank you.

Professor Wole Soyinka's efforts to curtail the Nigeria civil war in 1967 resulted in his arrest and imprisonment without trial by the then federal military government. Wole Soyinka was in prison while the war lasted. A forty year old vibrant Major, Francis Adekunle Fajuyi from Ado Ekiti, Ekiti state died with his boss Gen. Johnson Aguiyi Ironsi. A death he chose. He was quoted to have said "for you to kill him, you must kill me first" a request that was granted. Only few could have done this. Lieutenant colonel Victor Adebukunola Banjo from Ogun state fought alongside Biafran Soldiers against Nigerian army and was executed in the process. Also the late popular Musician Fela Kuti was quoted in 1982 to have said that he supported Biafra. The list goes on. Yoruba nation has always identified with Igbo in time of need and Igbo reciprocates.

The handshake across the Niger had long begun. The cordial relationship that exist between Afenifere and Ohanaeze is part of it. Igbo and Yoruba have the highest number of inter tribal marriage in Nigeria. What this means is that Yoruba and Igbo have become one. An example is the Ondo state Governor, Akeredolu who is married to an Igbo. A lot of good relationships have been built over the years. Dr Tunde Ajayi a chief lecturer at the university of Nigeria Nsukka, political science department has an Igbo aid who has lived with him for more than twenty years. Ajayi Among other gestures shown to the Igbo man had built a house for him in Ebonyi state, he also foot the bills of his marriage ceremonies and mother's burial. There are yoruba families whose children bear Igbo names just like three of my yoruba friends named their sons after my name. Most Igbo bear Yoruba names as well. There are good personal relationships that exist between the average Igbo and Yoruba. Most Yoruba travel yearly with their Igbo friends to celebrate Christmas in Igbo land. We are also aware that over the years some governors in the southwest receive financial assistance during campaigns from their Igbo friends. Orji Uzor Kalu was instrumental to the emergence of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo as president in 1999. Orji confessed that he went with Ibrahim Babangida to Obasanjo's house to inform him of their plan to make him the president. He never had the intention of contesting the Presidential election. Igbo loved and voted massively for late MKO Abiola. About seventy percent of Yoruba Youths who do their NYSC in Igbo land do not wish to return home after service because of the love shown to them by their host communities, residents and friends they make there.

It is wrong for us to allow these good relationships to crumble because of few selfish individuals. Those who preach hate are worst. We cannot allow them to separate us from our families and friends. They do not help or add value to the poor masses who they claim to be defending. The little help you recieve comes from your fellow average or poor man. They only hack into our emotions and use us each time they feel threatened by their friends. They are friends because after their stage managed media fight, they still dine together openly. Each time their children wed, they would shun their political defferences and celebrate together while they instigate the poor masses against themselves. This must stop. Let every Igbo and Yoruba arise and see the manipulation that has been going on. These privileged turned selfish leaders are not wiser than most you.

I therefore advise Yoruba and Igbo leaders whose personal opinions form public debate to always promote the things that bind these two tribes together. Those who sow seed of discord should retire because these two tribes have been tied together by God and are evidently inseparable.

I wish to thank Hon.Kola Alayande the Secretary general of Pan Nigeria Presidency of Igbo Extraction Coalition (PANPIEC), Gen.Ishola Williams (rtd), Fani Kayode and other notable Yoruba leaders for their unalloyed support for Igbo to produce the next Nigeria President".
Re: Panpiec Appreciates Yoruba Who Lost Their Lives Protecting Igbo by dawnomike(m): 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2019
Talking about been your brother's keeper...
Re: Panpiec Appreciates Yoruba Who Lost Their Lives Protecting Igbo by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
If I have my way I ban Naira land
This forum has done me worse than good
I started being tribal the moment I started using Nairaland
God plz help me
I love Yorubas but I only hate how their youths tax my hard working brothers in the name of Omonile
Re: Panpiec Appreciates Yoruba Who Lost Their Lives Protecting Igbo by Tranquillity360: 2:16pm On Dec 09, 2019
We and yorubas don't relate in anyway.

Enough of the lies that south west didn't took over igbo's properties after the war.

Even their hero awolowo stole igbo's money with the policy of 20pounds.

Make everybody dey his lane.

(1) (Reply)

Is Governor Elrufai An Anti Islam? / Accolades As Ijaw Youths Honor Bayelsa Female Philanthropist, Nice Alameisegha / Another Trouble For Ex-gov Kalu As EFCC Marks His Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.