Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain (767 Views)

Photos: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured In Geneva By Circle Of Diplomats / Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC / Nigeria Police Officers Honoured In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by AloyEmeka8: 4:11am On Nov 26, 2010
Thursday, November 25, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigerian girl honoured in Britain[/size]

Agency Reporter

The Nigerian High Commission in the United Kingdom has honoured Miss Chidera Ota who excelled in the 2010 GCSE in the UK with 15 As, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/25/816.html

Ota, 16, garnered the highest grades in English Literature and English Language; Mathematics, Statistics, French, German, Latin, History, Sociology, Chemistry, Biology, Physics and IT qualifications equivalent to three GCSEs.

Nigeria's Acting High Commissioner to the UK, Ambassador Dozie Nwanna, described the girl's feat as exemplary and highly commendable.

"You have wiped our face and brought pride and honour not only to your parents but to the country and other Nigerians living in the UK," Nwanna said on Tuesday.

He said Nigeria was full of talents and outstanding personalities who continued to excel in various fields at home and abroad, making them deserving of recognition and celebration.

Also, the Head of Chancery, Mr. Ahmed Umar, said the initiative to honour Ota was a further attestation to the high commission's policy of recognising and celebrating Nigerian achievers in the UK.

Ota, who wants to become a medical doctor, said she studied Latin twice a week during her lunch breaks to meet up with the challenges.

"I stayed home a lot and put in a lot of work for my GCSEs because I want to become a doctor though I know it is a very hard and competitive field, and I know I need to do extremely well to get into medicine," she said.

Ota has already secured a scholarship to attend King's School in Canterbury where she will study Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematics and Further Mathematics at A-levels.
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by fstranger: 4:13am On Nov 26, 2010
She is Ibo.   .   .  mcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Arrant nonsense!
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by aljharem(m): 4:16am On Nov 26, 2010
fstranger:

Arrant nonsense!
mumu soo, if she is igbo, how does that remove that she is nigeria and we are all proud of her
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by fstranger: 4:20am On Nov 26, 2010
Aboki, shouldnt you be tending to the cattle?
What do you know?
This forum is for intelligent people, not almajiris.

BTW, how did you get internet access? lucky you. Imma tell Adenuga to disconnect your village. Now go chew some goro.
Idio-t!
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by aljharem(m): 4:25am On Nov 26, 2010
fstranger:

Aboki, shouldnt you be tending to the cattle?
What do you know?
This forum is for intelligent people, not almajiris.

BTW, how did you get internet access? lucky you. Imma tell Adenuga to disconnect your village. Now go chew some goro.
Idio-t!

it is CLEAR that u are an illiterate that is lost in the cyber world

why do u have to declear she is igbo when the it says she is nigerian

why do u have to say this ia arrant nonsense,,,,,, do you sound intelligent there or make sense undecided

why do u do this to urself angry angry angry why na why angry angry angry angry

why do u insult when the truth is spoken angry angry angry angry angrywhy na angry angry why angry
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by Osama10(m): 4:30am On Nov 26, 2010
Very good girl, keep it up.
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by fstranger: 4:32am On Nov 26, 2010
^^^ Your command of English is very poor, anyway I will humor you.
Well, she is Ibo because of her name.
Who in their right mind name their child 'Chidera,' only Ibos, very stupit people
If I am an illiterate, then what are you? You wrote 'declear,' instead of 'declare.'

You better go take care of your cattle before some random almajiri steals them from you.
You this illiterate aboki!
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by jason12345: 4:33am On Nov 26, 2010
fstranger:

^^^ Your command of English is very poor, anyway I will humor you.
Well, she is Ibo because of her name.
Who in their right mind name their child 'Chidera,' only Ibos, very stupit people
If I am an illiterate, then what are you? You wrote 'declear,' instead of 'declare.'

You better go take care of your cattle before some random almajiri steals them from you.
You this illiterate aboki!

oh boy, calm down with this ibo igbo thing! angry
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by aljharem(m): 4:41am On Nov 26, 2010
jason12345:

oh boy, calm down with this ibo igbo thing! angry

no leave hm to me jason
angry angry
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by SEFAGO(m): 6:17am On Nov 26, 2010
I doff my hat to her sha grin, see how many subjects she took- jack of all trades
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by igbobuigbo: 6:28am On Nov 26, 2010
fstranger:

Arrant nonsense!
Not only is she Igbo, she is also what you and anybody related to you (your family, not ethnicity) can never be. Shame on you air-headed, tribal bigot.
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by fstranger: 6:35am On Nov 26, 2010
^^^

She is another Emeagwali
It is just a matter of time before some Yoruba professor exposes her

Tops 5 yrs, before we know she is all fraud, all talk, air head.

Ibos, always claiming to be something they are not!
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by igbobuigbo: 6:39am On Nov 26, 2010
fstranger:

^^^

She is another Emeagwali
It is just a matter of time before some Yoruba professor exposes her

Tops 5 yrs, before we know she is all fraud, all talk, air head.

Ibos, always claiming to be something they are not!

Hope you choke on this, mo-ron: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200902223264739
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by gogo123: 8:02am On Nov 26, 2010
fstranger:

Arrant nonsense!
it is cretins like you that brings odium to the yoruba race, go girl
Re: Nigerian Girl Honoured In Britain by slap1(m): 9:25am On Nov 26, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Hope you choke on this, mo-ron: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200902223264739
Trust the batty e-slowpoke of a clown to tell you the man is probably an Igbo with a Yoruba name.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari, Nigeria's Last Card For A Corrupt Free Society / Inec Ddc Machine Found In The Home Of House Of Rep Member In Katsina / P-harcourt Stampede Victims Died For Nigeria’s Democracy – Uduaghan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.