Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Orlando Pirates Terminated My Contract Because I Refuse To Use Juju - - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Orlando Pirates Terminated My Contract Because I Refuse To Use Juju - (479 Views)

Enyimba Defeats Orlando Pirates 1-0 Via 95th Minute Goal. / Coronavirus: Mikel Obi's Contract With Trabzonspor Club Terminated / Osaze Odemwingie Says 70% Of African Players Use Juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Orlando Pirates Terminated My Contract Because I Refuse To Use Juju - by mumumugu(m): 9:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Orlando Pirates Terminated My Contract Because I Refuse To Use Juju - Nigerian Goalkeeper Reveal

Former Nigeria U23 goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel claims his contract with Premier South Africa League side Orlando Pirates was terminated after he refused to take part in a ritual before the start of the season.
Daniel was the star for the Nigeria U23 team at the Rio 2016 Olympics and that caught the attention of the PSL side as they beat all comers to sign the goalkeeper who as at that time has trained thrice with the senior national team of Nigeria.
The move which was suppose to be the springboard for him to launch his career turned into a nightmare 18 months later when his contract was terminated by the club with just a single appearance to his name.
He returned back to the Nigeria Professional Football League ( NPFL) last season and played for Gombe United who were relegated at the end of the season but he did enough to gain the attention of Lobi Stars where he is now plying his trade this season.
Recounting his ordeal to Mohammed Mowiz Suleiman, Daniel said his experience in South Africa has brought him closer to God as he lost his deal at Orlando Pirates for refusing to take place in a club ritual which he believe is against his stand as a christian.
" Many people don't know the story of my exit from Orlando Pirates because the club made it look like it was for sporting reasons but that's far from the truth. Problems started when I refused to take part in a pre season ritual. The practice looked fetished to me and against what I should do as a christian ", Daniel said.
" From that day the club started treating me differently. It didn't come to me as a surprise when they terminated my contract. Till date I am still owed some amount of money by the club but that is for me and my agent to work out with them", Daniel revealed.
He said most teams in South Africa are involved in the practice and that was why he wasn't keen on joining another team and instead returned back to Nigeria to revive his career in the Nigeria Professional Football League.
" The idea would have been to go to another club in South Africa. It was one that was sold to me but I later decided against it after learning that what I refuse to do at Pirates is what is the practice at several clubs. The best bet was for me to return home and that's why I am back in the NPFL ", he conclude
Re: Orlando Pirates Terminated My Contract Because I Refuse To Use Juju - by mymadam(m): 9:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
undecided Dude, do you mean there ain't JUJU in the NPFL? See youuu!
Re: Orlando Pirates Terminated My Contract Because I Refuse To Use Juju - by beresponsible(m): 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
South Africans. So they are xenophobic and juju people too

(1) (Reply)

Florentino Perez Attends Madrid First Training Of The Year 2020 / Spanish Club Villarreal Celebrate Ike Uche Birthday With Piggin. / Man City Monitoring Lionel Messi Situation After Public Spat With Abidal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.