Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,183 members, 7,829,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

My View On NAIRA MARLEY As A Business Case Study. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My View On NAIRA MARLEY As A Business Case Study. (514 Views)

What's The Meaning Of These Symbols On Naira Notes / Naira Scarcity: CBN's Update On Naira Notes For March 22nd, 2023 / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My View On NAIRA MARLEY As A Business Case Study. by Saiffateh(m): 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2019
I laugh when I see people identify as MARLIANS now, you know why? When he first shot to the limelight, people distanced from being associated with the name.

As time goes on, little by little they started acknowledging the name. #Marlians

I wondered what took them too long to come out and admit their love for Naira Marley. And why they only did, when some people openly declared their support.

You may be part of them, yes you. Why didn’t you stand by your choice, you are only waiting for others to show support.

Why are you afraid of having your own thoughts and sticking to it?

I know why.

Let us talk about the bandwagon effect, in business, people may love your product, but they will hardly admit because the people they perceive as being “classy” are not patronizing.

What will baffle you is, the moment those set of people endorse that, they will immediately rush towards it in large numbers.

Now, how do you tap into that bandwagon effect?

Most times, industry leaders are the way. You look for influencers (powerful voices) in the field which you trade.

What happened when WIZKID was announced as the U.B.A ambassador.

If you usually go through the comment section of his twitter page, you will see how his fans are saying they will open because of him, while others already opened because of him.

Use the bandwagon effect, it’s effective.
Re: My View On NAIRA MARLEY As A Business Case Study. by beresponsible(m): 9:57pm On Dec 09, 2019
Bandwagon effect

Re: My View On NAIRA MARLEY As A Business Case Study. by Tobinrobin(m): 10:04pm On Dec 09, 2019
This is wrong to some extent. Bandwagon effect is a psychological phenomenon in which people do something primarily because other people are doing it, regardless of their own beliefs, which they may ignore or override. People aren’t listening to Naira Marley because others are, they’re listening to him because of his gained popularity after EFCC’s probe. Now you can’t call that a band wagon effect.

1 Like

Re: My View On NAIRA MARLEY As A Business Case Study. by Hypnotise: 10:26pm On Dec 09, 2019
Tobinrobin:
This is wrong to some extent. Bandwagon effect is a psychological phenomenon in which people do something primarily because other people are doing it, regardless of their own beliefs, which they may ignore or override. People aren’t listening to Naira Marley because others are, they’re listening to him because of his gained popularity after EFCC’s probe. Now you can’t call that a band wagon effect.
People also listen to him because he has content and he is unruly. One thing in particular about him is that he's uncommonly bold.
Re: My View On NAIRA MARLEY As A Business Case Study. by Tobinrobin(m): 10:37pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hypnotise:

People also listen to him because he has content and he is unruly. One thing in particular about him is that he's uncommonly bold.

You’re not wrong. That’s why we can’t call it band wagon
Re: My View On NAIRA MARLEY As A Business Case Study. by Saiffateh(m): 6:17am On Dec 10, 2019
I know most people that only made their love for him known, after most of the Twitter influencers started talking about him. I’m not talking about his music, What I’m saying is about some of his stans.

Do reflect on it, and you will see it from my own perspective. I understand where you are coming from.
Re: My View On NAIRA MARLEY As A Business Case Study. by Saiffateh(m): 6:21am On Dec 10, 2019
They do listen to his songs, but deny it in public. Whereas, they proudly identify as MARLIANS now. So the bandwagon effect, I believe is active here.

Their decision to show public support was influenced by others.

(1) (Reply)

A To Z Claim Management / Ebay Gift Card Needed / How To Make 6 Figures Writing For Busy Individuals And Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.