Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 (28362 Views)

Wolves Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 15th December 2020 / Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 7th December 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Minemrys: 8:23am On Dec 16, 2019
Andrez123:
Manchester City weren't even good today but they still beat Arsenal 3-0, Manchester City committed 25 fouls against Against Arsenal and could have conceded at least one penalty if the dullards in the VAR room were competent. That been said, Arsenal didn't do themselves any favors by playing in such a tepid manner, very slow attacking build up and they weren't aggressive off the ball and and didn't effectively close down or block dangerous Manchester City players.

Arsenal didn't play to their strengths today because of how slowly they moved the ball and they didn't overlap well from the wings, this allowed Manchester City defenders to have a comfortable game. This is gonna be one of the easiest away game for this Manchester City against any top 10 team in the Premier league this season.

Arsenal need to get a capable manager who's gonna get back to the basics and bring out the best in the team. Ljungberg is clueless and is a Swedish version of Unai Emery. Arsenal will finish 10th or lower if he's still there till the end of the season.
oh, my brother, u said it all. I was saying this at the viewing centre. Man City have this strategy employed by Guardiola of c0mmitting tactical fouls against threatening opp0siti0n, and Arsenal went t0o soft on man city, and t0o slow. The goals man city sc0red could've been preventd had Arsenal players taken it up0n themselves to be aggressive and c0mmit fouls at key positi0ns that would bear no c0nsequences prior to the build up in such goals. And to think Arsenal were h0me. They went too soft in this match.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Minemrys: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2019
OgaBuhari:
u should feel for your loserpool because second leg for Etihad una go hear am.
You were only lucky In the first match at anfield cos man city field in their team B cos first team players were downed with injury
and man city fielded Team A against arsenal and man u shey? A team with aguero, sterling, gab jesus, rodri, fernandinho is team B? Oga, last seas0n, b4 man city could win us, it was at the late minute, and man city made a goal line clearance in that game to make sure the score was 1-1 during n0rmal time, else we could've w0n had the ball cr0ssed the line. And in that game, man city had k0mpany and every0ne. What of the Ucl where we kn0cked them off? Was it Team B again? Oh, i guess man u w0n man city team b c0nsidering aguero didn't play.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Wordson(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2019
Minemrys:

and man city fielded Team A against arsenal and man u shey? A team with aguero, sterling, gab jesus, rodri, fernandinho is team B? Oga, last seas0n, b4 man city could win us, it was at the late minute, and man city made a goal line clearance in that game to make sure the score was 1-1 during n0rmal time, else we could've w0n had the ball cr0ssed the line. And in that game, man city had k0mpany and every0ne. What of the Ucl where we kn0cked them off? Was it Team B again? Oh, i guess man u w0n man city team b c0nsidering aguero didn't play.
U dey mind dat guy, me sure he didn't watch d match, because if he did he wont be here spitting gibberish...
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by piper7(m): 9:09am On Dec 16, 2019
Sterling scored after partying hard
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Andrez123(m): 9:10am On Dec 16, 2019
Minemrys:

oh, my brother, u said it all. I was saying this at the viewing centre. Man City have this strategy employed by Guardiola of c0mmitting tactical fouls against threatening opp0siti0n, and Arsenal went t0o soft on man city, and t0o slow. The goals man city sc0red could've been preventd had Arsenal players taken it up0n themselves to be aggressive and c0mmit fouls at key positi0ns that would bear no c0nsequences prior to the build up in such goals. And to think Arsenal were h0me. They went too soft in this match.
Yes, Manchester City commits a lot of tactical fouls, that's how they win back possession and stop dangerous counterattacks, it's a big part of their game. I thought they were average and felt that Arsenal could get at them but Arsenal were so poor themselves and didn't get the basics right, including in attacking and defending. Most Manchester City players yesterday weren't great apart from De Bruyne, He was also great because Arsenal players gave him a lot of room to do whatever he wanted. Arsenal players like Aubameyang, Ozil, Pepe and Martinelli were never given that kind of space and freedom that both De Bruyne and Sterling got yesterday. All the three goals would have been prevented if Arsenal players were more aggressive and had a good team shape when defending. It's funny that before the 3rd goal Manchester City had already committed 12 fouls to Arsenal's one. It shows that Arsenal weren't working hard when they were out of possession and were not taking out Manchester players when they wanna attack.

Ljungberg is a clueless manager, because the first thing he should have known is that in order to create a chance against Manchester City and get around their tactical fouls, you must play the ball very quickly, one touch football most times. Arsenal rarely did that but rather Arsenal was slow and predictable with their movement and passing. Then on the defensive side, be aggressive and take out their players when they wanna start a counterattack and position yourselves well in order to win the 2nd ball. Sometimes I do wonder what they do in training every week because they are not even getting the basics right both in defending and attacking.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Minemrys: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2019
Andrez123:
Yes, Manchester City commits a lot of tactical fouls, that's how they win back possession and stop dangerous counterattacks, it's a big part of their game. I thought they were average and felt that Arsenal could get at them but Arsenal were so poor themselves and didn't get the basics right, including in attacking and defending. Most Manchester City players yesterday weren't great apart from De Bruyne, He was also great because Arsenal players gave him a lot of room to do whatever he wanted. Arsenal players like Aubameyang, Ozil, Pepe and Martinelli were never given that kind of space and freedom that both De Bruyne and Sterling got yesterday. All the three goals would have been prevented if Arsenal players were more aggressive and had a good team shape when defending. It's funny that before the 3rd goal Manchester City had already committed 12 fouls to Arsenal's one. It shows that Arsenal weren't working hard when they were out of possession and were not taking out Manchester players when they wanna attack.

Ljungberg is a clueless manager, because the first thing he should have known is that in order to create a chance against Manchester City and get around their tactical fouls, you must play the ball very quickly, one touch football most times. Arsenal rarely did that but rather Arsenal was slow and predictable with their movement and passing. Then on the defensive side, be aggressive and take out their players when they wanna start a counterattack and position yourselves well in order to win the 2nd ball. Sometimes I do wonder what they do in training every week because they are not even getting the basics right both in defending and attacking.
baba, u really watch the match and did a thorough analysis fr0m a neutral view. Arsenal were so slow, man. Slow to everything. Gave de bruyne t0o much space that it appeared they didn't have any tactics. T0o predictable in attack, slow to defend. And it was oly in the 2nd half that they tried being a little aggressive, but by then it was too freaking late. U saw how man city neutralised that arsenal threat who was causing them troubles at the wing? They tactically injured him and t0ok him out of the game. Arsenal had s0me neat chances yesterday that had a team like wolves had them, they'd have caused city problems. City didn't play to their best like they did against man u yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Minemrys: 9:56am On Dec 16, 2019
Wordson:
U dey mind dat guy, me sure he didn't watch d match, because if he did he wont be here spitting gibberish...
the guy just wants to hate. But they forget that prior to n0w, we've always been at the recieving end. E go pain and shock s0me people if we eventually win this league this season oh. And if by chance we do, it means we'd win it again next season and an0ther if we keep the guys together and buy outstanding playerz as we go. I just pray we maintain this winning streak to the end of february, then c0ncentrate on the kn0ck out Ucl stages, and avoid loosing or drawing too many games in the epl as fr0m march. S0me people go get heart attack if we eventually do the impossible [win the Epl and back to back Ucl trophies]
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by EbukaHades10(m): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2019
OgaBuhari:
u should feel for your loserpool because second leg for Etihad una go hear am.
You were only lucky In the first match at anfield cos man city field in their team B cos first team players were downed with injury
Cus na team A play against Arsenal na. U no get point

Tell the person wey dey buy data for u say he dey waste the money, make he stop

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Andrez123(m): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2019
Minemrys:

baba, u really watch the match and did a thorough analysis fr0m a neutral view. Arsenal were so slow, man. Slow to everything. Gave de bruyne t0o much space that it appeared they didn't have any tactics. T0o predictable in attack, slow to defend. And it was oly in the 2nd half that they tried being a little aggressive, but by then it was too freaking late. U saw how man city neutralised that arsenal threat who was causing them troubles at the wing? They tactically injured him and t0ok him out of the game. Arsenal had s0me neat chances yesterday that had a team like wolves had them, they'd have caused city problems. City didn't play to their best like they did against man u yesterday.
By the way I'm not a neutral, I'm an Arsenal fan, been watching the Premier league and champions league since I was a kid.
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Wordson(m): 12:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
Minemrys:

the guy just wants to hate. But they forget that prior to n0w, we've always been at the recieving end. E go pain and shock s0me people if we eventually win this league this season oh. And if by chance we do, it means we'd win it again next season and an0ther if we keep the guys together and buy outstanding playerz as we go. I just pray we maintain this winning streak to the end of february, then c0ncentrate on the kn0ck out Ucl stages, and avoid loosing or drawing too many games in the epl as fr0m march. S0me people go get heart attack if we eventually do the impossible [win the Epl and back to back Ucl trophies]
Na so bto

Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by kleverley(m): 1:43pm On Dec 16, 2019
openmine:
Okay no vex i agree cheesy
Lol no wahala YNWA
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Nkyruth: 3:16pm On Dec 16, 2019
How far people that have written do they require Gaurantor form?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Nkyruth: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2019
Those that have written do they require gaurantor form?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Nkyruth: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2019
Those that have written the exam do they require gaurantor form?
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by DownChelsea(f): 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2019
Whether we praise City or condemn Arsenal,

One thing is sure. In the UCL, it is good riddance to chelsea
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Trippleblessing(f): 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2019
creamylicious:
Trippleblessing...i volunteer
Thank you so much ma'am
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by mich2012: 2:05am On Dec 17, 2019
openmine:

It was the 2007 carling cup quarterfinals which is now known as the carabao cup
Former Brazilian player Julio Baptista scored four goals that night!
https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/fixtures/2007/carlingcup/arsenalqf.htm

The most painful part of that match was that we used our full strength squad to play that game while they used some of their fringe players with some youthful additions yet they still managed to score 6 at anfield!

Oh I see
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Michaelonyebor: 5:10am On Dec 17, 2019
Azeez2005:

09064296797 is my number please add me to the WhatsApp group
Re: Arsenal Vs Manchester City (0 - 3) On 15th December 2019 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
oloriLFC:
Man City win which League?
sorry win the match

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Basel Vs Manchester United: UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd November 2017 / Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace (2 - 2) On 18th October 2021 / Southampton Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 28th December 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.