Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Another Farming Success Inspired From Nairaland - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Another Farming Success Inspired From Nairaland (740 Views)

From Five Stands To Sweet Money: My Plantain Farming Success Story / Fish Farming Success Bundle / Snail Farming Success's Secret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Farming Success Inspired From Nairaland by millhouse: 1:08am On Dec 10, 2019
Why I left Law for farming —Aisha Damilola, CEO Tad Farms

What is your business all about?

I studied Law at the University of Bedfordshire, Luton before I returned to Nigeria in 2013, after obtaining an LLB. I later proceeded to the Law School and obtained a BL from the Nigerian Law School, Bwari, Abuja in 2014.

Upon returning from London, I established a charity organisation, African Child Liberation Mission (ACLIM), which was intended to fulfil a lifelong vision of giving something to the society. The organisation focuses on children in the underserved communities and vulnerable children. The organisation is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)

Farming and charity are two things I hold dear to my heart. I believe they complement each other so well and that’s why I established my farming business, TAD Meadows Limited also known as TAD Farms.  It is a registered company with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and located in Ibadan, Oyo State.

TAD Farms is an eco-friendly farm engaging in the raising, processing and distribution of high-quality animal protein. We also raise livestock to meet demand of special occasions.

We’ve been in the business of raising animals since 2017. However, we started with the commercial sales of livestock since 2015. We are mainly into animal husbandry; we raise animals like Rams, Goats, Turkey, Rabbits, Local Chicken, Ducks etc.  The beauty of our model is not only in the raising; we also process these animals upon maturity. That is, we smoke them, package and distribute to our customers. We relate with our customers directly, thereby, cutting off the middle men. We are in control of our supply chain. This didn’t happen overnight though. It took a lot of commitment to get to where we are now.

Once our animals reach maturity, we slaughter, smoke them, package them and distribute them. The processing aspect didn’t start until January 2019 and we’ve come a long way since then. Our new processing facility will be launched by the first quarter of 2020 because we have to increase capacity due to demand.

Like I mentioned earlier, we process almost all the animals we breed, from the farm, to the slaughter house, to the processing house. Some of our smoked products include, smoked ram, smoked goat, smoked guinea fowl, smoked chicken, smoked rabbit, smoked duck and smoked turkey. We are all about healthy eating. We are trying to promote white meat and also healthy red meat. So, we try to give our customers as many options as possible. And most importantly, we want their meat to be delivered fresh.

What motivated your decision to go into farming after law school?

While I was studying Law in England, I had the habit of visiting Nairaland – an online Nigerian Forum – and I love visiting the agriculture section at my free time. I read so much about farming, from cassava farming to maize farming to pig farming to poultry etc, that I started feeling like a farmer already. It really gingered my interest in farming. Nairaland helped me a lot. I just couldn’t wait to return to Nigeria after my degree to start up farming then.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/why-i-left-law-for-farming-aisha-damilola-ceo-tad-farms/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1575891203

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Farming Success Inspired From Nairaland by damilola4162(m): 7:55am On Dec 10, 2019
Cc lalasticala
Re: Another Farming Success Inspired From Nairaland by yusluvad(m): 9:18am On Dec 10, 2019
Good success story. More of this among the Nigerian youths by God's grace.
Re: Another Farming Success Inspired From Nairaland by PlayerMeji: 9:37am On Dec 10, 2019
Nairaland.com has impacted on the lives of many people. From those who have found true love to those who have made millions off businesses on here.

Like seriously, Seun Osewa should be mentioned in the same breath as Mark Zuckerberg.

Their figures may be different but their impact is the same...creating a platform for connecting people...

3 Likes

Re: Another Farming Success Inspired From Nairaland by mankettle(m): 11:41am On Dec 10, 2019
Great one. Sometimes Nairaland inspires people and sometimes the scammers are too much.
Re: Another Farming Success Inspired From Nairaland by Neduzze5(m): 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2019
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

How To Be Self-employed Doing Goat Farming / How To Increase The Productivity In Agriculture / Day Old Chicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.