Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi (30786 Views)

Fowler's Fouls: What Tunde Fowler Did Wrong At FIRS By Faye & Fraser / FIRS: Tunde Fowler Dragged To Court, Asked To Vacate Office, Return Salaries / Funke Fowler Aig-Imoukhuede Birthday Party: Tunde Fowler's Daughter Celebrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by adm212144: 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
olasco2035:
thank u pmb ..... Muslims should take over the affairs of the country...this is Nigeria not Biafra land......Allahu Akbar

naval chief too should be suspended....I want to see a Muslim guy in that position
Tinubu don finish Yoruba race .fowler he don do .go and rest .the next thing you go see is that this guy will be giving appointment in Lagos
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by Okoroawusa: 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
janejive:
Why will his tenure expire on the 9th and He writes a letter same 9th of December?
The letter was on the 9th?

Let me go n check
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by ofonimi: 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2019
Don't tell me that there are no other excellent tax experts from other parts of the country. Only that the president has this propensity of appointing only his people to control juicy position. It is very sad in a country of many tribes a president decides to act this way. The former tax boss is from the south west. If his tenure could not be renewed for whatever reason the normal thing would have been for a candidate from that axis to replace the former tax boss for the sake of equity. Same thing played out when the former finance minister was forced to resign she was replaced with someone from the north. The country belongs to every one of us. In as much as any one is a Nigerian, he or she has equal stake in the affairs of the nation. This one sided appointments will not take us anywhere. May GOD help us.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by gtown: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2019
When has it become a crime or shame to lobby for an appointment? We even apply for and attend to interviews and screenings to get employment. So what is fussy with Fawler lobbying to be retained?
If a professor can mock someone for lobbying for a job, that prof certificates need to be reverified.
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by Stillthebest: 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
kiss

How is lobbying synonymous to begging?

He was exercising his right in line with the FRSC standards. He can't be blamed for that. You don't leak what isn't a secret. He shot his shot.

But he should have honorably oust himself after the tenure expires. Are they all just happy with things in this country longer-throat is their problems?
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by BTCog: 2:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
That memo can't be true. How can the date bear the same 9th that the replacement was appointed.
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by Iceberg3: 2:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
Afamed:

‘I apologize and have learned my lesson…’ – US Journalism Professor Kperogi moans for spreading fake news

Farooq Kperogi, the US-based journalist and media scholar who was reported yesterday byParkchester Times for spreading fake news about Boko Haram Massacre in Nigeria, has apologized to the public via his Facebook timeline.

In his lengthy note tagged 'My Story about this Fake Photo’, Kperogi accepted he was emotionally carried away by the picture, and that led to his careless and swift lapse of judgement, which he regretted that it gave room for supporters of President Muhamadu Buhari to nail him.

‘This photo you see here touched me deeply, so I shared it on Twitter, where I am now more active…,’ said Kperogi.

‘I thought the photo was real. It turned out, however, that it was screenshot from a Hausa movie and had nothing to do with the current massacre of our soldiers by Boko Haram terrorists,’ added the Associate Professor of Journalism and Emerging Media.

Kperogi further claimed that he couldn’t detect that the photo was fake because he had never watched any Hausa movies before, and that he was misled by those who had shared it before him on Twitter.

‘I have never watched a Hausa movie in my entire life, so I have no familiarity with the faces of the actors in the photo. My reverse image search didn’t yield any result that indicated that the photo was from a Hausa movie. Plus, the poor quality of the photo convinced me that it was inexpertly shot from a grainy video,’ said Kperogi.

‘Before sharing it, I did a quick reverse image search, but the images I got led me to other shares on Twitter,’ Kperogi added.

Having apologized for spreading the fake news, Kperogi noted that he had learned his lesson, which perhaps would strengthen him to carefully continue to fight for justice, most especially, for Nigerians.

‘I apologize and have learned my lesson, but I won't relent in my struggle for a better Nigeria,’ Kperogi concluded.

Krerogi, the habitual propagandist

Lzaa immhotep see ogogoro sermon o

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by Iceberg3: 2:49pm On Dec 10, 2019
SomethingSoft:
[s][/s]
why are you kissing the pants of amatarasha and Rekhina?

grin grin

Lzaa immhotep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by Yoighaman(m): 3:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
Mr. Farooq should display some sense, how does the letter amount to lobbying, must he always talk? You begin to utter rubbish when you talk too much, you also might lose respect and credibility.
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by Laslaslala: 3:22pm On Dec 10, 2019
Tobinrobin:
Fowler’s tenure expired & it’s definitely time for someone else to be appointed even though re appointing him wouldn’t hurt as well but honestly why must he be replaced by a Fulani? Most vacant key positions are always occupied by Fulanis or Hausas & this isn’t me been enthnocentric, it’s just the truth. I don’t see anything bad in it if they can do that job but there seems to be a pattern here. The president seems to be intentionally appointing people from a particular region in a country of various ethnicity & ignoring some others. This isn’t good enough.

I told you that we don't have a country
We are existing in a caliphate
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by jaytee01(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2019
Afamed:

‘I apologize and have learned my lesson…’ – US Journalism Professor Kperogi moans for spreading fake news

Farooq Kperogi, the US-based journalist and media scholar who was reported yesterday byParkchester Times for spreading fake news about Boko Haram Massacre in Nigeria, has apologized to the public via his Facebook timeline.

In his lengthy note tagged 'My Story about this Fake Photo’, Kperogi accepted he was emotionally carried away by the picture, and that led to his careless and swift lapse of judgement, which he regretted that it gave room for supporters of President Muhamadu Buhari to nail him.

‘This photo you see here touched me deeply, so I shared it on Twitter, where I am now more active…,’ said Kperogi.

‘I thought the photo was real. It turned out, however, that it was screenshot from a Hausa movie and had nothing to do with the current massacre of our soldiers by Boko Haram terrorists,’ added the Associate Professor of Journalism and Emerging Media.

Kperogi further claimed that he couldn’t detect that the photo was fake because he had never watched any Hausa movies before, and that he was misled by those who had shared it before him on Twitter.

‘I have never watched a Hausa movie in my entire life, so I have no familiarity with the faces of the actors in the photo. My reverse image search didn’t yield any result that indicated that the photo was from a Hausa movie. Plus, the poor quality of the photo convinced me that it was inexpertly shot from a grainy video,’ said Kperogi.

‘Before sharing it, I did a quick reverse image search, but the images I got led me to other shares on Twitter,’ Kperogi added.

Having apologized for spreading the fake news, Kperogi noted that he had learned his lesson, which perhaps would strengthen him to carefully continue to fight for justice, most especially, for Nigerians.

‘I apologize and have learned my lesson, but I won't relent in my struggle for a better Nigeria,’ Kperogi concluded.

Krerogi, the habitual propagandist
Between Kperogi and your APC pay masters ,who is the greater propagandist?
99% of his posts turn out to be true. Can you say that about your paymasters?
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by ajl: 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
Sociologists and the ancient Greeks, source of modern day democracy, classified people in a given society into three groups.
1. The Idiots (selfish, greedy)
2. The Tribalists (narrow-minded, violent).
3. The Citizens (the ideal person)

Watch this video and identify the group you belong to. And where people like Buhari, Tinubu, Sowore, Nnamdi Kanu, Ojukwu, Obasanjo, Awolowo, and others past leaders belong to. Now you will understand why Nigeria is messed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfSMr8-fn8k
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by Fagbhamzzy(m): 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
[color=#000099]
olasco2035:
thank u pmb ..... Muslims should take over the affairs of the country...this is Nigeria not Biafra land......Allahu Akbar

naval chief too should be suspended....I want to see a Muslim guy in that position
Total bullshit, how could u be so sentimental, so u mean all the Muslims appointed did the right thing. Remember this is a secular state not an Islamic state. And all this appointment are based on tribalism, only the hausas are being selected others are sidelined.
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by Staro: 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
Lol .... is it not Buhari again?
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by GreyLaw(m): 6:55pm On Dec 10, 2019
IyaTola:
Gimme a break! How can an administration that queried the man on the discrepancies noticed in tax collection still retain him? Dropping Fowler was the right call. His replacement? That’s another story.

Just as Magu was retained and re-retained even though the DSS sent a clear memo of his dirty, corrupt dealings to the NASS.
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by sapele914(m): 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2019
GreyLaw:

Just as Magu was retained and re-retained even though the DSS sent a clear memo of his dirty, corrupt dealings to the NASS.
DSS is not the presidency, Fowler is an appointee of the President, and is accountable to the the President. A letter from the Presidency carries a lot more weight.
Even Donald Trump has ridiculed reports from his own DSS, the FBI.
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by sapele914(m): 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2019
Fagbhamzzy:
[color=#000099]Total bullshit, how could u be so sentimental, so u mean all the Muslims appointed did the right thing. Remember this is a secular state not an Islamic state. And all this appointment are based on tribalism, only the hausas are being selected others are sidelined.
When Tinubu gets there in 2023 he will replace them, no big deal, please stop crying wolf, this is democrazy, when Jonathan was in power, he filled almost all the slots of the Niger Deltans to his ijaw kinsmen from all over Nigeria, Minister of petroleum, head of Amnesty Program, Chief of army staff, head of local content board, Nimasa, nddc, to name a few, nobody cried wolf? EK Clark became the conscience of Nigeria, Tompolo became the defactor Chief of Navy staff, where are all the people that held those positions today?
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by GreyLaw(m): 7:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
sapele914:
DSS is not the presidency, Fowler is an appointee of the President, and is accountable to the the President. A letter from the Presidency carries a lot more weight.

Magu is also an appointee of the president. The DSS is also an agency of the presidency. They report to him and him alone. When the DSS found incriminating things about Magu and submitted same to the NASS they rejected Magu but the same Buhari said Magu should carry on. In sane countries, when the secret service uncovers bad things about appointees they are sacked or made to clear their name, but for Magu, no.

Fast forward to CJN Walter Onnoghen, incriminating evidence was found and the president booted him out without due process.

If I may ask, who is fooling whom?
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by sapele914(m): 7:29pm On Dec 10, 2019
GreyLaw:

Magu is also an appointee of the president. The DSS is also an agency of the presidency. They report to him and him alone. When the DSS found incriminating things about Magu and submitted same to the NASS they rejected Magu but the same Buhari said Magu should carry on. In sane countries, when the secret service uncovers bad things about appointees they are sacked or made to clear their name, but for Magu, no.

Fast forward to CJN Walter Onnoghen, incriminating evidence was found and the president booted him out without due process.

You are reiterating my point, the presidency has the last say, the buck stops at the office of The President, to hell with any stupid memo from the Department of State Security, the office of the President will do what It deems is right, irrespective of what naysayers may imagine.

The office of the President is supremo, President Buhari did not take part in the drafting, or writing of the Constitution of 1999 as amended.
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by sapele914(m): 7:36pm On Dec 10, 2019
GreyLaw:

In sane countries, when the secret service uncovers bad things about appointees they are sacked or made to clear their name, but for Magu

Please mention one nominee that Donald Trump recalled because of an FBI report? they all withdrew by themselves.
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by Enemyofpeace: 9:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
Chief of Army Staff tenure is over. He is still in office

Chief of Naval Staff tenure is over. He is still in office.

EFCC Chairman's tenure is over. He is still in office.

But FIRS boss, Tunde Fowler’s tenure expired today and he is *replaced quickly* .

Just an observation o.
Hmmmmm...
Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by Iceberg3: 10:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
helinues:

Left to me Fowler has had enough unless if he is selfish. I am not in any position to speak on his behalf nor know his thoughts.

All man for himself.

Says the chief spokesman and analyser of Igbo affairs lolsssssss

grin LZAA IMMHOTEP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by LZAA: 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2019
Iceberg3:

Says the chief spokesman and analyser of Igbo affairs lolsssssss

grin LZAA IMMHOTEP
Cc Afamed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi by ledamaster(m): 11:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
olasco2035:

pls leave us in this your wailing, while they were appointing only south westerners, did you wail for those marginalized? This one is Jagaban and cabal fight leave the Christians out of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Presidential Ticket: Tinubu On Edge As Cabal Sells Lawan To Buhari / ”seek Other Avenues For Your Relevance”: Nigeria Army Blasts Gov Fayose / Adamu, Orji Uzor Kalu Emerge Senate Leader, Chief Whip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.