Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Was Always Busy At Work, Yet Got Sacked….. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Was Always Busy At Work, Yet Got Sacked….. (206 Views)

Was Always Busy At Work, Yet Got Sacked….. / Was Always Busy At Work, Yet Got Sacked….. / Was Always Busy At Work, Yet Got Sacked….. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Was Always Busy At Work, Yet Got Sacked….. by starryadmin: 8:02am On Dec 10, 2019
According to the bureau of statistic, in the first week of December 2019, Nigeria Banks have sacked over 2,929 workers.

Jumoke who was one of the workers that was sacked went on Twitter to lay her outburst. She said that she was one of the active workers in her department yet she was sacked.

So I DM her and asked her few questions;

Starry: Hello Jumoke, sorry for what happened to you.
Jumoke: Hi, but who are you.
Starry: Just let me be a shoulder you can learn and cry on. I really empathize with you.
Jumoke: ok thanks.
Starry: Can I ask you few questions?
Jumoke: Kindly go ahead.
Starry: Were you the only person in your department?
Jumoke: No, we’re two, the second person was not sacked.
Starry: Please give me the full details why you think you were sacked.
Jumoke: I worked in Micro-finance bank and I’m very good at using Accounting software used in the company. I go the extra mile such that I close late just to make sure there is no outstanding task to be done.

I also go to work sometimes on Saturday. But my colleague that was retained has only an edge over me, she is the one that handles all our manual excel document, she analyze and format the data before it is uploaded into the accounting software.

Once it is 5pm, she is on her way home and had never been to work on Saturday even though she would be paid bonus if she came.

I still can’t figure out why they should sack me but retained her.

I want you to be the judge, if you were the owner of the company, if you have to sack one of them, who will you sack?

“It's not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is, what are we busy about?” -- Henry David Thoreau.

Busy people think that getting more things done in the sanctioned eight or nine hours at work is the way to go. They fit in too many tasks in their to-do list only to end up moving most of their tasks the next day.

Productive people know too well that they do not need 40 tasks in their to-do list.

They take a less-is-more approach when it comes to planning their work day by only accomplishing those that are important.

P.S: There is a huge difference between being busy and being productive. You can be busy all day and still feel like you’re behind on accomplishing your goals.

How about clearing 75% of your long to-do list without getting the two really important things completed? You were really busy, but were you productive?

If you have not gotten our 19-in-1 Personal Development Video Training,
Call Starry Gold Academy on 08123189141 , 09076786154, 08085378906, 07038174484,
08023428420, 07086810335, 08074460975

You will get the following Software for FREE
• SAGE 50 software (for multiple systems)
• QuickBooks Software
• SAGE Pastel Evolution Software
• Tally Software
• Microsoft Office packages (Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• CorelDraw Software
• Photoshop Software
Re: Was Always Busy At Work, Yet Got Sacked….. by Nezero(m): 8:38am On Dec 10, 2019
Wise
Re: Was Always Busy At Work, Yet Got Sacked….. by Born2Breed(f): 8:46am On Dec 10, 2019
Busy over nothing.

(1) (Reply)

Oracle Apps R12 Techno Functional Online Training Videos (technical, Financials) / Study In The Heart Of Europe,new Zealand,ireland,usa,tokyo,and Others Countries / Things You Should Know When Applying For Scholarships.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.