Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Ex-firs Chairman, Tunde Fowler Thanks President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-firs Chairman, Tunde Fowler Thanks President Buhari (433 Views)

Tunde Fowler Lobbied For Second Term In Leaked Memo - Farooq Kperogi / FIRS: Tunde Fowler Dragged To Court, Asked To Vacate Office, Return Salaries / Funke Fowler Aig-Imoukhuede Birthday Party: Tunde Fowler's Daughter Celebrates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-firs Chairman, Tunde Fowler Thanks President Buhari by 9ja2geez(m): 9:20am On Dec 10, 2019
Fowler noted that the taxman job is one of service to one’s fatherland as it gives one the opportunity to serve fellow humans and the nation. Change, he noted is constant. It is normal that people will always resist change, he noted.

He spoke as he handed over to the Coordinating Director Domestic Taxes Group, Abiodun Aina, who promised to steady the ship of the FIRS. Tunde Fowler in a handover ceremony at the Boardroom of the FIRS said:

“Let me thank all of you who are here for what we have been able to do for our country. From the driver to the senior staff, everybody played a role.

But with the change, sometimes there is resistance. People will not understand the vision, will not understand the reason for the change. But hope in leaving FIRS, I’ve left behind something, something, positive, that each and every one of you can build on.

“We have got a mandate. That mandate is not just to collect revenue. It’s a mandate to collect the maximum amount of revenue for all concerned for the benefit of all Nigerians. There is nothing automatic about having a second Term. Some of you might say it’s a big surprise.

It a privileged to serve one’s country. And if you have the privilege of serving your country for one term and you believe you have done your best, you have to thank God for that.

For those of you we are leaving behind, I do not want to get too scriptural. But I believe that anything that you do, that helps your fellow human being, your neighbor is a blessing.

https://9ja2geez.com/news/ex-firs-chairman-tunde-fowler-thanks-buhari/%20

1 Like

Re: Ex-firs Chairman, Tunde Fowler Thanks President Buhari by Jasen1(m): 9:24am On Dec 10, 2019
They're putting their own

While your people keep fighting IBO's
Re: Ex-firs Chairman, Tunde Fowler Thanks President Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 9:40am On Dec 10, 2019
Lagos didn't deliver enough to keep the position ....just 50% ...they should go n meet PDP for the other 4 years .....

U can't work for PDP and expect reward from APC

Lmao

2 Likes

Re: Ex-firs Chairman, Tunde Fowler Thanks President Buhari by popsy2(m): 9:42am On Dec 10, 2019
okay
Re: Ex-firs Chairman, Tunde Fowler Thanks President Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 9:44am On Dec 10, 2019
mrvitalis:
Lagos didn't deliver enough to keep the position ....just 50% ...they should go n meet PDP for the other 4 years .....

U can't work for PDP and expect reward from APC

Lmao
grin grin but I tot Democracy is supposed to be government for all not section, just asking tho...

2 Likes

Re: Ex-firs Chairman, Tunde Fowler Thanks President Buhari by SarkinYarki: 9:47am On Dec 10, 2019
This was a strategic preemptive strike against the Tinubu presidential campaign , if you know you know jare
Re: Ex-firs Chairman, Tunde Fowler Thanks President Buhari by mrvitalis(m): 10:17am On Dec 10, 2019
chriskosherbal:
grin grin but I tot Democracy is supposed to be government for all not section, just asking tho...
Our yoluba brothers said no ...only the party u worked for should give u position

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-firs Chairman, Tunde Fowler Thanks President Buhari by hisexcellency34: 10:25am On Dec 10, 2019
Ole. Why is he begging for reappointment?

(1) (Reply)

Parents Should Pay, WAEC Fees Not In Makinde’s Free Education Policy – Oyo Commi / EEDC Throw Southeast Into Total Darkness / God Rules In The Affairs Of Men -dino Malaye (fans React )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.