Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Pastor E.a Adeboye: How My Mother Always Got My School Fees From My Poor Dad - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor E.a Adeboye: How My Mother Always Got My School Fees From My Poor Dad (260 Views)

Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son / Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor E.a Adeboye: How My Mother Always Got My School Fees From My Poor Dad by OnlineMonarch(m): 10:04am On Dec 10, 2019
At the Holy Ghost Congress 2019, Pastor Adeboye revealed the strategy his mother used in getting his school fees.

My father was so 'rich' that poor people called him poor. He would pick a quarrel with our mothers when it was time to resume school because he had no money.

Ask our people here, ask the Elders: When you want to get something from someone important, how do you go about it?

There is something in my tribe that they call "Oriki" - they begin by saying you are the son of 'so and so' etc. I think I have shared this one with you before.

When I was very little, I used to sleep by my father on the mat. My father was so 'rich', that poor people called him poor and in spite of that, he still had two wives and many children.

Whenever it is time to go to school, (when our holiday is over), in order that our mothers cannot come to him to ask for school fees, he would pick a quarrel with them, because he had no money but my mother always got my school fees.

How did she do it?
I have told you before.

Very early in the morning, my mother would come and begin to eulogise my daddy: "You are the son of 'so and so', you are the son of 'so and so'; your father had a farm, so large that the birds flew for three days that they couldn't see the end of the farm" and I will be wondering where is that farm? "When your father threw a party, he fed the civilians, he fed the army, ehh"

Remember she (my mother) was after money, she tried to remind my daddy "maybe you have nothing now but your daddy used to have" and as she went on, "you are the son of 'so and so', your father did this, my father will begin to swell and very soon you begin to hear him say "it's a great man you are calling" and very soon you will hear him say "it will be well with you in this house": and my mother will keep on pumping, pumping!!!

Read more about his father reply below

https://www.churchng.com/2019/12/pastor-ea-adeboye-how-my-mother-always.html?m=1

Re: Pastor E.a Adeboye: How My Mother Always Got My School Fees From My Poor Dad by nifemi25(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2019
Those are the mothers that knows there husband mumu botton. No matter how that man must be stingy. He will surely cough out money....

1 Like

Re: Pastor E.a Adeboye: How My Mother Always Got My School Fees From My Poor Dad by popsy2(m): 10:15am On Dec 10, 2019
okay

(1) (Reply)

How Hardened Church Sinners Were Handled In NewTestament.. / ,, / Muslim Flooded Christmas Service In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.