Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,081 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? (1087 Views)

Celebrations After The End Of Nigerian Civil War 1970(Pictures) / Picture Of Gallant Female Soldiers Who Fought In The Nigerian Civil War / What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by chase4(m): 10:03am On Nov 26, 2010
I need to know who made this comment with regards to the Nigerian civil war. "In any country where a civil war is fought, the defeated persons should remain defeated for at least 100 years".
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by tpia5: 10:08am On Nov 26, 2010
nobody made the comment.
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by chase4(m): 10:28am On Nov 26, 2010
Then how come Babangida made reference to it in his interview with the The Nigerian tribune?
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by udezue(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2010
And that is the one some idiiots from Igbo land want us to vote for. *hiss*
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by chase4(m): 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2010
@ Udezue. It wasnt Babangida that made the comment, he said someone did but refused to mention names.
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by chase4(m): 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2010
As military president, you appointed an Igbo man, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe your deputy. He, however, left your government under controversial circumstances. You replaced him, not with another Igbo man, but with Admiral Augustus Aikhomu, an Ishan, from Edo. Today, you talk of serving only one term and supporting an Igbo man to be president in 2015. How do you reconcile both positions?

We will come to that. The important thing is that we fought a war. You and I were in this country where somebody said that, in any country where a civil war was fought, the defeated persons should remain defeated for at least 100 years.

Who said so?

I am sure you know, so I wouldn’t say it here.

source http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/25/617.html

I would like to know who said that.
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by egift(m): 9:07am On Nov 27, 2010
udezue:

And that is the one some idiiots from Igbo land want us to vote for. *hiss*

Dude, IBB was quoting someone else. He did not mention any name - and it seems the reporter was very conversant with who made that statement.

Me too I will like to know who did. My feeling is that since IBB did not call any name but raised it - it is on his opponents.
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by Afam4eva(m): 11:03am On Nov 27, 2010
I've search on google but i don't seem to find the name of the person who made that statement. I'm sure that person is holding a political position in Nigeria
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by wesley80(m): 11:18am On Nov 27, 2010
Na Atiku talk am!
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by Abagworo(m): 11:34am On Nov 27, 2010
Obasanjo
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by T9ksy(m): 12:43pm On Nov 27, 2010
IBB.

Who, in his/her right mind will give credence to anything that emanate from this mo.ron's gob?
This nincompoop will say/do anything regardless of the consequences, so long as he gets the chance to retrieve whatever it was, he forgot in Aso rock, when he had to[b] "step aside", [/b] 17years ago.

Abegi, mak hin go sidon for hin 50-room mansion fo minna, jo. We 're not remotely interested in anything he has to say about nigeria and its people.
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by egift(m): 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2010
T9ksy:

IBB.

Who, in his/her right mind will give credence to anything that emanate from this mo.ron's gob?
This nincompoop will say/do anything regardless of the consequences, so long as he gets the chance to retrieve whatever it was, he forgot in Aso rock, when he had to[b] "step aside", [/b] 17years ago.

Abegi, mak hin go sidon for hin 50-room mansion fo minna, jo. We 're not remotely interested in anything he has to say about nigeria and its people.

Bros - drop that your feeding bottle. You have been on it all day. Its most likely OBJ.
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by Ojiofor: 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2010
Obasanjo did said that.
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by dempeople(m): 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2010
It could even be Babangida that made the statement (or thought about it) - and trying to present it as if it was made by someone ( e.g a political rival/opponent) otherwise, Obasanjo should be thought of as someone who is likely to have made the statement - if ever it was even made in the first place.
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by abuc: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2010
That statement was made by IBB Campaign Co-ordinator in IMO state. Infact, i was so upset when i read
that statement from an IGBO man. That tells me how foolish men can be because of money. I was asking
myself how much has IBB gave this guy that's making him betraying his people.

I read that post here nairaland. It was a newspaper interview and the newspaper link was also posted. That
statement was made on either the first week or second week of November. Search for it here on nairaland.
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by T9ksy(m): 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2010
Quote from: egift on November 27, 2010, 01:22 PM
Bros - drop that your feeding bottle. You have been on it all day. Its most likely OBJ.

Most likely, he said.
I suppose Ibb's comment was meant for your ilk.
Oh well, like they say "One is born, everyday"!
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by Onlytruth(m): 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2010
Sounds like Obasanjo.
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by fstranger2: 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2010
It was GEJ who said it
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by chase4(m): 7:21am On Dec 02, 2010
fstranger2:

It was GEJ who said it

LOL
Re: Who Made This Comment Regarding The Nigerian Civil War? by gogo123: 8:20am On Dec 02, 2010
abuc:

That statement was made by IBB Campaign Co-ordinator in IMO state. Infact, i was so upset when i read
that statement from an IGBO man. That tells me how foolish men can be because of money. I was asking
myself how much has IBB gave this guy that's making him betraying his people.

I read that post here nairaland. It was a newspaper interview and the newspaper link was also posted. That
statement was made on either the first week or second week of November. Search for it here on nairaland.

That's incorrect, the man said so after ibb's statement, i suspect that hatred filled talk against ibos can only come from obj

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Road To Victory / We The People: / Nigeria Will Not Abandon Abdulmutallab - Gbenga Ashiru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.