Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,971 members, 7,817,848 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These (3601 Views)

Whatsapp Will Now Let You Add Up To 512 People To A Group (Photo) / Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 / Whatsapp Will Start Showing Ads In The Status Tab, VP Confirms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by IKON360(m): 1:42pm On Dec 10, 2019
It's common knowledge that WhatsApp, the most popular chat app in the world does terminate access to its servers for certain phones.
A lot of phones have lost access to WhatsApp over the years ranging from older Symbian phones, Java phones, older IOS versions and Android versions.
And WhatsApp's developers are at it again, by February 1st 2020 another group of mobile devices will lose access to the chat platform and if your phone falls within the these it's time for an upgrade.
All Windows phones will lose access by December 31st, 2019.(who still uses Windows phones??)
Not only those, Iphones on any IOS version older than IOS 7 and android users on version 2.3.7 will lose access next.
The ban for Iphones and Android phones will be effected from February 1st, 2020
Justifying the decision to stop supporting older hardware, WhatsApp said in a blog post: “As we look ahead to our next seven years, we want to focus our efforts on the mobile platforms the vast majority of people use.

“While these mobile devices have been an important part of our story, they don't offer the kind of capabilities we need to expand our app's features in the future. This was a tough decision for us to make, but the right one in order to give people better ways to keep in touch with friends, family, and loved ones using WhatsApp.

“If you use one of these affected mobile devices, we recommend upgrading to a newer Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone to continue using WhatsApp.”

So guys, if you are using any of those and WhatsApp is important to you, it's Upgrade time.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1213985/WhatsApp-ban-block-Windows-phone-iPhone-Android
Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by pode(m): 1:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
Them Don start again o, na so una do me with blackberry

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by Timileyin1234(m): 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
Na to dey ban dem sabi, no spectacular features

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by Iamtony(m): 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2019
Useless whatsapp owners. 1 month after buying my brand new blackberry Z10 u guys decided to discontinue with BB os cry

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by ella55: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
Iamtony:
Useless whatsapp owners. 1 month after buying my brand new blackberry Z10 u guys decided to discontinue with BB os cry

I'm still using my BB Z10 to Whatsapp

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by Iamtony(m): 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
ella55:

I'm still using my BB Z10 to Whatsapp
the old version of whatsapp that's what works u don't have new features like delete for everyone and stickers
Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by Psalmpy(m): 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
Iamtony:
the old version of whatsapp that's what works u don't have new features like delete for everyone and stickers
I installed d newest version for a friend here and that's what she texts & sends media with

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by ETWs: 7:11pm On Dec 10, 2019
Who still uses android 2.3 gingerbread? Something I used in 2011

2 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by martinz1: 8:58pm On Dec 10, 2019
thete will always b a way to make it work fully
Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by Emestar1999: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
Parte after parte
Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by Khd95(m): 9:44pm On Dec 10, 2019
When would there be free WhatsApp
Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by maynation(f): 11:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
ETWs:
Who still uses android 2.3 gingerbread? Something I used in 2011

Allah grin grin grin
Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by wiseone28: 11:40pm On Dec 10, 2019
Who still uses whatsapp at this age?

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by mumumugu(m): 12:21am On Dec 11, 2019
I noticed I was getting addicted to wassap so I banned myself by uninstalling it from my phone for 6 months now.

As for Facebook, o uninstalled the application too. I use normal browsing . all these application guru think they can wake up one morning, upgrade over note and force us to upgrade with them. Noo, I am a mumu. I upgrade slowly at my own pace.
Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by luckyAnnson35(m): 2:35am On Dec 11, 2019
oh no!!! embarassed I think Imma be a victim here��
Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by Adeoginni: 2:38am On Dec 11, 2019
Has anyone heard of Olist.Nigeria. Download their app and get cash prizes. You can be lucky I got #410.
https://olist.ng/myprize?active_user=574832&active_type=cash&active_theme=prize Download here
Re: Whatsapp Will Soon Ban These by spafu(m): 4:29am On Dec 11, 2019
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Redmi Note 7 And Tecno Camon 12. / Xiaomi Redmi 9A Review - Specifications, Price & NEW Features / Which London Used Iphone Can I Get For 200k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.