Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Ikeja Electricity Scam And The Need To Go Solar - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Ikeja Electricity Scam And The Need To Go Solar (858 Views)

Go Solar Today With Low Budget / Welcome To Easy Life For All: Go Solar! / A Sincere Review Of Mtn Lumos Solar Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikeja Electricity Scam And The Need To Go Solar by Ficco(m): 2:47pm On Dec 10, 2019
Good day Nairalanders,

I have been scammed by the Ikeja electric distribution company through their online registration and account update. The purpose was to fraudulently exploit the consumers with the false hope of providing pre-paid meter.

I was deceived into updating my account online and forced to clear fraudulent estimated bill balance since August 2019, yet no prepaid meter has been provided to my residence at Ikotun Egbe. My usual billing has been between N4000 to N7000 per month. Unfortunately, this has skyrocketed to N10000, N15000, N20000 and lastly N33000 per month this last November 2019. I am heartbroken as I plan to write for deactivation of my account and disconnection.

In this vein, I am requesting for any reliable and reputable company in Lagos for the installation of a Solar energy device at my residence and what it might cost me to achieve this. Kindly advise me on this quest.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Ikeja Electricity Scam And The Need To Go Solar by EgunMogaji2: 6:12pm On Dec 10, 2019
Ficco:
Good day Nairalanders,

I have been scammed by the Ikeja electric distribution company through their online registration and account update. The purpose was to fraudulently exploit the consumers with the false hope of providing pre-paid meter.

I was deceived into updating my account online and forced to clear fraudulent estimated bill balance since August 2019, yet no prepaid meter has been provided to my residence at Ikotun Egbe. My usual billing has been between N4000 to N7000 per month. Unfortunately, this has skyrocketed to N10000, N15000, N20000 and lastly N33000 per month this last November 2019. I am heartbroken as I plan to write for deactivation of my account and disconnection.

In this vein, I am requesting for any reliable and reputable company in Lagos for the installation of a Solar energy device at my residence and what it might cost me to achieve this. Kindly advise me on this quest.

Thank you.

Sorry to read this. Very unfortunate but going to solar shouldn't be done in a rush as it ends up being more costly.

The following is just man to man advice dude to the urgent nature of your situation. Professionally I would have asked you to do an energy audit.

Now, that being said, If I were in your shoes I would do the following:

1) Research the known good providers in your immediate area and purchase the best and biggest kv package that you can afford/get. Many offer packages.

2) Most likely this package will not power ALL your wants but most certainly may power your NEEDS. The critical thing to look for is the inverter. You want one that you can grow with. But you can always trade up when you are ready.

3) There are many devices on the market that can help you manage your heavy equipments like fridge. For example, there is a passthrough device that you can program to only turn on your fridge when you re not at home using competitive energy.

Going completely off grid, which is what you're contemplating, requires a calculated approach.

Good luck Sir.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Scam And The Need To Go Solar by Ficco(m): 6:20am On Dec 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Sorry to read this. Very unfortunate but going to solar shouldn't be done in a rush as it ends up being more costly.

The following is just man to man advice dude to the urgent nature of your situation. Professionally I would have asked you to do an energy audit.

Now, that being said, If I were in your shoes I would do the following:

1) Research the known good providers in your immediate area and purchase the best and biggest kv package that you can afford/get. Many offer packages.

2) Most likely this package will not power ALL your wants but most certainly may power your NEEDS. The critical thing to look for is the inverter. You want one that you can grow with. But you can always trade up when you are ready.

3) There are many devices on the market that can help you manage your heavy equipments like fridge. For example, there is a passthrough device that you can program to only turn on your fridge when you re not at home using competitive energy.

Going completely off grid, which is what you're contemplating, requires a calculated approach.

Good luck Sir.

Thank you for this response. I have to take this decision because this Ikeja Electricity company have been taking me for a ride over a long time.

It started at my former residence at Mafoluku, Lagos and it is happening again after changing location.

I will consider your advice.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Ikeja Electricity Scam And The Need To Go Solar by aljazirahnews: 12:01pm On Oct 19, 2020
Have you been given meter now?
Re: Ikeja Electricity Scam And The Need To Go Solar by Demmtek(m): 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
The increase for this month is general from 16k last Month to 38k this month embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Dell G7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 8th Gen Core i7-8750H, 6GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 / I Need Canon Eos 80d / Samsung 970 Evo Nvme M.2...1tb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.