Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks (524 Views)

Colombia President Cuts Ties With Israel Over War On Gaza / South Africa President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis At Home / Jacob Zuma Resigns As South African President! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by chibaby1985(f): 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2019
The president has come under increasing criticism after the country’s embattled power utility Eskom enforced scheduled power cuts that have thrown the country into disarray and pose a threat to the economy.

John Steenhuisen, leader of the main opposition Democratic Alliance, led a picket outside Eskom headquarters in Johannesburg on Tuesday, saying the “rolling blackouts” threaten to “throw the country’s economy over a precipice.”

For the past six days – and intermittently over the past decade – Eskom has enforced “load-shedding,” whereby power is cut for anything from two to four hours at a time in a bid to relieve pressure on the national grid.

Roads become gridlocked because traffic lights don’t function, businesses have to close, shopping centres are left in the dark and mines have to halt operations.

Steenhuisen called on Ramaphosa to leave the “ruins of a bygone era” in Cairo and attend to his own relic of the past – the power utility.

SOURCES:

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/12/south-african-president-cuts-trip-short.html?m=1

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/s-african-president-cuts-trip-short-over-electricity-crisis-at-home/?fbclid=IwAR0DySYJfXdKpxf0aq-H-a6B944i50Me9BJ_98VhR1bCBeRhvgwS4TmB3j4

Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by chibaby1985(f): 6:04pm On Dec 10, 2019
Indeed, Eskom’s problems were already apparent in 2008 when then-president Thabo Mbeki admitted that the government had failed to make provisions for increased generating capacity.

Since then, ageing power stations have not been maintained, and two new power stations, which have severely overrun their budgets, are still not operational.

Presidential spokesperson Khusela Diko said Ramaphosa would meet with Eskom on Wednesday to be briefed on plans to resolve the crisis.

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/12/south-african-president-cuts-trip-short.html?m=1

Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by godlyguy(m): 6:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
chibaby1985:
The president has come under increasing criticism after the country’s embattled power utility Eskom enforced scheduled power cuts that have thrown the country into disarray and pose a threat to the economy.

John Steenhuisen, leader of the main opposition Democratic Alliance, led a picket outside Eskom headquarters in Johannesburg on Tuesday, saying the “rolling blackouts” threaten to “throw the country’s economy over a precipice.”

For the past six days – and intermittently over the past decade – Eskom has enforced “load-shedding,” whereby power is cut for anything from two to four hours at a time in a bid to relieve pressure on the national grid.

Roads become gridlocked because traffic lights don’t function, businesses have to close, shopping centres are left in the dark and mines have to halt operations.

Steenhuisen called on Ramaphosa to leave the “ruins of a bygone era” in Cairo and attend to his own relic of the past – the power utility.

SOURCES:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/s-african-president-cuts-trip-short-over-electricity-crisis-at-home/?fbclid=IwAR0DySYJfXdKpxf0aq-H-a6B944i50Me9BJ_98VhR1bCBeRhvgwS4TmB3j4

Make they visit naija na... For my area NEPA carried our transformer since August... Nobodi even get their time sef

1 Like

Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by godlyguy(m): 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind... If I do hate speech niggas go show grin
chibaby1985:
Indeed, Eskom’s problems were already apparent in 2008 when then-president Thabo Mbeki admitted that the government had failed to make provisions for increased generating capacity.

Since then, ageing power stations have not been maintained, and two new power stations, which have severely overrun their budgets, are still not operational.

Presidential spokesperson Khusela Diko said Ramaphosa would meet with Eskom on Wednesday to be briefed on plans to resolve the crisis.

Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by chibaby1985(f): 11:53pm On Dec 10, 2019
When will naija good pass South Africa?
Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by Lionessza6(f): 5:10am On Dec 11, 2019
Ramaphosa & his Western masters think they are smart grin, they have been busy collapsing Eskom since the 90s so that it could be privatised & ofcourse they would be the ones to own & control it ( giving them control of many of the economies of the SADC block). They got rid of Zuma via an economic coup , state capture by the " zuptas" they called it,up until today there has been no evidence of this capture & most of the accusers have changed their stories cry. They called the Zuma years " 9wasted years " & rightfully so because it was hell for the imperialists agenda in South Africa, they were being called into order from all corners . Eskom performed better, load shedding was stopped, the enterprise was making money ,Nersa even said the most maintenance done on eskom was during this time ( ANYONE WHO WANTS PROOF OF THESEZ CLAIMS, CAN ASK, I WILL GLADY POST THEM HERE). Eskom isn't a problem, the people who have hijacked it are. They are now causing crisis after crisis, and the house nigga president has been part of this since the 80's& possible before that. They pushed this stooge infront of everyone else for a reason ,they donated 1billion rands for his campaign( judges ,celebrities ,bitter political stooges ,fake femiscide victims , student leaders you name it. People were bribed & sponsored ).

Some of the culprits & i will be waiting for their representatives grin

Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by Lionessza6(f): 5:14am On Dec 11, 2019
chibaby1985:
When will naija good pass South Africa?

There is nothing good about a man who causes a crisis ,& then goes somewhere for a day to charge his phone grin,& comes back wearing a cape ( armed with possible solutions to the problems he engineered ) grin.

Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by chibaby1985(f): 7:28am On Dec 11, 2019
You are sound bro
Lionessza6:
Ramaphosa & his Western masters think they are smart grin, they have been busy collapsing Eskom since the 90s so that it could be privatised & ofcourse they would be the ones to own & control it ( giving them control of many of the economies of the SADC block). They got rid of Zuma via an economic coup , state capture by the " zuptas" they called ,up until today there has been no evidence of this capture & most of the accusers have changed their stories cry. They called the Zuma years " 9wasted years " & rightfully so because it was hell for the imperialists agenda in South Africa, they were being called into order from all corners . Eskom performed better, load shedding was stopped, the enterprise was making money ,Nersa even said the most maintenance done on eskom was during this time ( ANYONE WHO WANTS PROOF OF THESEZ CLAIMS, CAN ASK, I WILL GLADY POST THEM HERE). Eskom isn't a problem, the people who have hijacked it are. They are now causing crisis after crisis, and the house nigga president has been part of this since the 80's& possible before that. They pushed this stooge infront of everyone else for a reason ,they donated 1billion rands for his campaign( judges ,celebrities ,bitter political stooges ,fake femiscide victims , student leaders you name it. People were bribed & sponsored ).

Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by Lionessza6(f): 8:50am On Dec 11, 2019
chibaby1985:
You are sound bro

LOL, not a bro though wink.
Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by DictatorZAR1: 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2019
Lionessza6:
Ramaphosa & his Western masters think they are smart grin, they have been busy collapsing Eskom since the 90s so that it could be privatised & ofcourse they would be the ones to own & control it ( giving them control of many of the economies of the SADC block). They got rid of Zuma via an economic coup , state capture by the " zuptas" they called ,up until today there has been no evidence of this capture & most of the accusers have changed their stories cry. They called the Zuma years " 9wasted years " & rightfully so because it was hell for the imperialists agenda in South Africa, they were being called into order from all corners . Eskom performed better, load shedding was stopped, the enterprise was emaking money ,Nersa even said the most maintenance done on eskom was during this time ( ANYONE WHO WANTS PROOF OF THESEZ CLAIMS, CAN ASK, I WILL GLADY POST THEM HERE). Eskom isn't a problem, the people who have hijacked it are. They are now causing crisis after crisis, and the house nigga president has been part of this since the 80's& possible before that. They pushed this stooge infront of everyone else for a reason ,they donated 1billion rands for his campaign( judges ,celebrities ,bitter political stooges ,fake femiscide victims , student leaders you name it. People were bribed & sponsored ).

My dear it seems you know nothing about engineering, when it comes to ESKOM its all about no maintenance of 40year old plants and Unions who wants highter wages without any increase in productivity + zero accountability by the former and current Board. Another thing you forgot here is Brian Molefi who told us about maintenance yet the very money for it was diverted to give pay increases and 6 months after Brian was apointed for the second time he got a R30m pension, that was eventually deemed fraudulent by the Concourt.

Anyway you sound like a CIC deployee shouldn't you be on your way to your fake policy conference.
Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by soilsista(f): 7:28pm On Dec 11, 2019
DictatorZAR1:

My dear it seems you know nothing about engineering, when it comes to ESKOM its all about no maintenance of 40year old plants and Unions who wants highter wages without any increase in productivity + zero accountability by the former and current Board. Another thing you forgot here is Brian Molefi who told us about maintenance yet the very money for it was diverted to give pay increases and 6 months after Brian was apointed for the second time he got a R30m pension, that was eventually deemed fraudulent by the Concourt.

Anyway you sound like a CIC deployee shouldn't you be on your way to your fake policy conference.
I was waiting for someone to say this cheesy

1 Like

Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by marrhugg: 8:10am On Dec 12, 2019
Nice information and thanks for sharing this to us. Various apps are available to use. Get the details of best apps here. 192.168.1.254
Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by Lionessza6(f): 9:10am On Dec 12, 2019
DictatorZAR1:

But why do some people lie unprovoked though? grin. Why are you deliberately mixing things up; the pension fund saga ,& the alleged lack of maintenance of the 35year old plant ( during Molefe's leadership )?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msm5HIyhQec

Above is a short clip from the " Gupta Tv" grin. I don't like using any media houses as reference because they are more propagandists than they are a credible source of information .But I took this clip because it's directly from parliament.

This R30mil pension saga reminds of the propaganda we were fed about Zuma building a R200mil house in Nkandla with taxpayer's money grin, only to find out that it was about R7.8 mill that was wrongly allocated to the project by the department of labour ( Nxesi, a Thuma Minion). Whatever amount that was overpaid to him by the Eskom fund, he must pay back, but we all know it's not R30mil wink. By the way, the judges in this case did they not appear on the CR17 bank statements. I respect the law,but I can never take any judgement from prepaid judges seriously. Anyways, will check it out myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ7friaZlvE

Above is the whole inquiry, that also touches on the Gupta contracts, nuclear deal & the evergreen contracts of WMC. The real reason Molefe is the " devil" grin.

LOL, so I cannot talk about Eskom because I'm no Engineer? cheesy. Basically 99.9999 % of SA should shut up about this issue because they know nothing about engineering? grin grin.

Anyways, let's tackle the lie about maintenance;

"We did not have excuses, Brian came in & he never complained about the lack of maintenance, he never blamed the past leadership,”. 

We introduced a maintenance budget and successfully dealt with years of “legacy” of a maintenance bottleneck."

https:///dSeaEAp7Vp

The above statement is by Matshela Koko, he is a chemical engineer & was the one in charge of maintenance at Eskom during the "Zupta " error.

Koko's interview on @SABCNewsOnline yesterday .

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiYl03gFM08

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsFBjctAMTM

"@Eskom_SA is operationally dysfunctional.

It boggles my mind that an organisation that performed at peak in July 2017 & accumulated access capacity of 5000MW collapses over night.

@CyrilRamaphosa & #PravinGordhan misdiagnosed Eskom problems.

They have collapsed it. Its over https:///V14Llbgdr6"

By Koko.

Attached from are extracts from the Nersa 2018/2019 report

1&2.

2&3 are extracts from Eskom financials & they were audited & published

Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by Lionessza6(f): 10:25am On Dec 12, 2019
DictatorZAR1:

Now dear ,afford me the opportunity to point you to my earlier post , I posted pictures of people who were part of forming the state capture lie, please go back and see if Juju is not there wink.

I hope you have been following the state capture commission ( kangaroo court grin). If you were you would know that the whole thing has degraded into a gossip session & and a ccma hearing lol. Almost 2 years now , and we are Yet to hear how the state was captured . Infact the accused people have applied to be invited to account, and dololo response from Zondo grin. It looks more like we are trying to find out if the state was captured than actually proving the " culprits " guilty .

LOL, here is the funny part;some of those who have accused the former leadership of Eskom of being corrupt are now asking for them to come back grin,how is this possible? grin attachment 1&2 from the desk- banging, CIC crew grin. They issued this statement at night grin, no making noise in parliament, no painting the streets red calling for ubaba ka Andile to fall grin. But I expected this from Malema he is a flip-flopper of note ,attachment 3 grin

Before I touch on the real reasons why eskom is not making money now, I will await your response. Thank you dear.

Where is the Uk envoy, Deklerk, Lord Peter Hain & the rest? grin. I thought they said when Ramaphosa is the president the economy will grow grin. More jobs will be created,but all we have seen is more millionaires being made & more people losing their jobs in the last two years grin. I thought they said he would bring investors that would create jobs, but all we see is capitalists who want to buy our SOE's for R2 grin, 27 IPP's and the president refuses to give us the names of the owners grin. I thought Ramaposer was transparent & competent, why hide such important issue from us cheesy. Where are all the " opposition " parties and their protests ? Where are the NGO's like SAVE-SA? grin. Shouldn't all these people be closing down the country with protests? grin. Where are the unions? grin.

Re: S. African President Cuts Trip Short Over Electricity Crisis And Recession Risks by Lionessza6(f): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2019
Lionessza6:
Ramaphosa & his Western masters think they are smart grin, they have been busy collapsing Eskom since the 90s so that it could be privatised & ofcourse they would be the ones to own & control it ( giving them control of many of the economies of the SADC block). They got rid of Zuma via an economic coup , state capture by the " zuptas" they called it,up until today there has been no evidence of this capture & most of the accusers have changed their stories cry. They called the Zuma years " 9wasted years " & rightfully so because it was hell for the imperialists agenda in South Africa, they were being called into order from all corners . Eskom performed better, load shedding was stopped, the enterprise was making money ,Nersa even said the most maintenance done on eskom was during this time ( ANYONE WHO WANTS PROOF OF THESEZ CLAIMS, CAN ASK, I WILL GLADY POST THEM HERE). Eskom isn't a problem, the people who have hijacked it are. They are now causing crisis after crisis, and the house nigga president has been part of this since the 80's& possible before that. They pushed this stooge infront of everyone else for a reason ,they donated 1billion rands for his campaign( judges ,celebrities ,bitter political stooges ,fake femiscide victims , student leaders you name it. People were bribed & sponsored ).

grin grin more of the evil creatures that should be hanged for treason .

(1) (Reply)

24 People Dead 500 Million Animals Dead 8,000 Koalas Dead Over 5.5 Million Hect / Meet King Mswati III Of Swaziland, The 50-year-old Monarch Who Has 15 Wives / United States Lost It's Leadership To Covid-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.