Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers (18983 Views)

Kano New Emirates Have Come To Stay, Ganduje Replies Kwankwaso / Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates / The Moment Ganduje Shaded Emir Sanusi, Reveals Why He Created New Emirates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by 01mcfadden(m): 7:05am On Dec 11, 2019
Ganduje is a typical Hausa man. They fight to finish
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by seniormallam(m): 7:08am On Dec 11, 2019
anochuko01:

Unfortunately, the North isn't in the modern time yet. So, it's important over there. Sanusi is a blessing to them but the stealing governor is mad at him
Believed it or not, they are the ones reminding us of our cultures.......... How many parent teaches or showed their children our cultures and values........... If they asked children to wear their traditional dress to school.......... You'll see parent typing it on Google to see the dress.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by bluecircle470: 7:08am On Dec 11, 2019
Story everywhere. Court dey do hin own, Ganduje dey do hin own.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by Nicepaul(m): 7:11am On Dec 11, 2019
Governor Ganduje should followed due process he wouldn't be at the helm of affairs of kano state forever, history may not be fair to him if he continues this way.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by anochuko01(m): 7:11am On Dec 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Which southern state has ellimated it?

You can't compare monarchy in the North with what's obtainable here man.
The so called sanusi is even referred to as the Islamic leader in Nigeria or whatever...
They have greater influence on their people than southern monarchs because it's a mixture of religion and culture.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by Blue3k(m): 7:16am On Dec 11, 2019
anochuko01:

You can't compare monarchy in the North with what's obtainable here man.
The so called sanusi is even referred to as the Islamic leader in Nigeria or whatever...
They have greater influence on their people than southern monarchs because it's a mixture of religion and culture.

That's a no then. The South still pours money into a relatively unimportant institution since it hasn't achieved modernity. As I told the other guy lead the charge in your state if you agree these institutions dont have or add value to your society.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by fujirice: 7:17am On Dec 11, 2019
ednut1:
These traditional structures serve no purpose in modern times. Should be scrapped as its just a waste of public funds
Serves no purpose?
Maybe you should tell the UK and others to get rid of their Monarchs as well.
Why are we so quick to discard our own all in the name of modernity?
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by Ideyontop: 7:23am On Dec 11, 2019
I believe ganduje should be cautioned. He is going too far and abusing his powers.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by PrinceMajestic: 7:28am On Dec 11, 2019
Ganduje is quite an unreasonable buffoon engulfed in stark illitracy n political hooliganism. Since when did it bcome a state govt function to create kings in this country? Makin of kings(coronation) is solely vested on king makers in accordance to the mode of succession of that kingdom, emirate or council. State govt only function is presentation of staff of office to the newly coronated king and inclusion into the state traditional rulers council for state govt salary to be paid to the new king. Thats d role of state govt in king making. WhY i hardly respct northern monarchs is cus they re just like ordinary muslim men with imaginary powers, no traditional power. In my south here no govnor can try this with OBA OF BINI cus he knws just a verbal pronouncement frm OBA The govnor is dead within days. These re powers of our southern monarchs not northern monarchs who re ordinary men that sits on the floor b4 buhari.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by ednut1(m): 7:29am On Dec 11, 2019
fujirice:

Serves no purpose?
Maybe you should tell the UK and others to get rid of their Monarchs as well.
Why are we so quick to discard our own all in the name of modernity?
how many monarchs do you have in uk Its even constitutional there. They royal family there cannot be sacked or exiled . Welcome to nigeria where u have over 3000 monarchs feeding fat on state funds. Can be sacked or disposed anyhow by government. They should be scrapped as they are of no use.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by fujirice: 7:46am On Dec 11, 2019
ednut1:
how many monarchs do you have in uk Its even constitutional there. They royal family there cannot be sacked or exiled . Welcome to nigeria where u have over 3000 monarchs feeding fat on state funds. Can be sacked or disposed anyhow by government. They should be scrapped as they are of no use.
So your only solution to government’s meddling in the activities of Monarchs in Nigeria is for the institution to be scrapped? Does that even make sense?
You are saying that Nigerian Monarchs cost much to maintain but have you tried to find out how much it’s costs the UK to maintain theirs?
Please, how did you get to the conclusion that our monarchs are not constitutionally instituted?
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by phemy36(m): 7:54am On Dec 11, 2019
ednut1:

I'm sorry you are not wise with that statement you just made. They can scrap your emir over there, but here we have a culture to protect. In fact if I become governor today, i will empower them more because they are the custodian of our culture. I can't say for the northern part of the country.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by mrvitalis(m): 7:55am On Dec 11, 2019
Roon9:
I don't pray for an enemy like Ganduje.
So unrelenting and unyielding in his quest to bring his enemies down.

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily
They are the easiest to defeat ...just relax,ignore them n watch them make mistake
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by tobstarizhia(m): 7:57am On Dec 11, 2019
Isn't this like treasonous. An emirate is essentially a country governed by an emir. deciding to break away from the Nigeria's federal system is a form of treason. so the government isn't going to do something about this? like they did and still do Biafra?
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by ednut1(m): 7:59am On Dec 11, 2019
phemy36:

I'm sorry you are not wise with that statement you just made. They can scrap your emir over there, but here we have a culture to protect. In fact if I become governor today, i will empower them more because they are the custodian of our culture. I can't say for the northern part of the country.
u are the unwise one here. The emir and district heads all get paid by the state govt. Money that can be used for important project. This is one of the poorest states in nigeria buying 650m house for a sultan https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/local/sokoto-state-govt-why-we-bought-n650m-abuja-house-for-sultan/vmp7kdm.amp
U are not wise atal. That sum can renovate schools and hospitals
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by mechanics(m): 8:28am On Dec 11, 2019
He thinks he's wise but time will tell.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by Roon9(m): 8:46am On Dec 11, 2019
mrvitalis:

They are the easiest to defeat ...just relax,ignore them n watch them make mistake

How can you ignore when the effect of their wickedness is always in your face
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by mrvitalis(m): 8:49am On Dec 11, 2019
Roon9:

How can you ignore when the effect of their wickedness is always in your face
Work your way around it ...sanusi its still the emair of kano ...he should just live like one ...attend all the functions

1 Like

Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by modsfucker: 8:52am On Dec 11, 2019
01mcfadden:
Ganduje is a typical Hausa man. They fight to finish

He's a Fulani man, just like Buhari... Fulanis fight to finish.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by AloneTK: 9:10am On Dec 11, 2019
Roon9:

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily

Price?
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by gowaga68: 9:33am On Dec 11, 2019
Can you say the same to England?

ednut1:
These traditional structures serve no purpose in modern times. Should be scrapped as its just a waste of public funds
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by ednut1(m): 9:34am On Dec 11, 2019
gowaga68:
Can you say the same to England?

how many do u have in england are they not constitutional monarchs can they be sacked or disposed by a governor or minister
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by anochuko01(m): 9:56am On Dec 11, 2019
Blue3k:

That's a no then. The South still pours money into a relatively unimportant institution since it hasn't achieved modernity. As I told the other guy lead the charge in your state if you agree these institutions dont have or add value to your society.
oga, in a northern society where literacy is close to zero, a traditional ruler of sanusi is a blessing. they have somebody who genuinely has their interest at heart, but is being frustrated by a stealing governor. he could have easily sided with the government and siphon their funds but he has lost almost all his power by standing against a sitting governor.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by CioAngels(f): 10:03am On Dec 11, 2019
Ganduje thinks money can buy everything, insult. But I don't blame him because the Kings brought to themselves the insults because of money the governors gives to them. How can a governor claim to be more powerful than the King. Its painful to an Oba go can in hand asking for money from governor and that is were they lost their respect which they should work hard to earn back.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by vertueptime: 11:01am On Dec 11, 2019
Ganduje de on his own jeje when the big mouth sls started criticizing him, now its his turn,

Roon9:

Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by SirBunky85(m): 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
RockHard:
Ganduje will eventually lose this war he is waging against the emirate system. He forgot that he won't be governor forever.
are u from kano state?why not focus on demanding for accountability from ur governor,senators and hor members?una go just dey carry another people matter for head
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by iswallker(m): 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2019
maynation:

I think he's playing a nice political game here.

Didn't he just give Sanusi a political appointment?
Las Las they will all laugh over this in their closet while commoners will be killing each other.

You didn't read the write-up obviously.. shocked
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by Roon9(m): 12:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
vertueptime:

Ganduje de on his own jeje when the big mouth sls started criticizing him, now its his turn,

Lols I dey tell u
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by maynation(f): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2019
iswallker:

You didn't read the write-up obviously.. shocked

You ain't following this case up obviously.
Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by Blue3k(m): 3:41pm On Dec 11, 2019
anochuko01:

oga, in a northern society where literacy is close to zero, a traditional ruler of sanusi is a blessing. they have somebody who genuinely has their interest at heart, but is being frustrated by a stealing governor. he could have easily sided with the government and siphon their funds but he has lost almost all his power by standing against a sitting governor.

Lol you're not going do anything about your society. You just want to worry about their finances? What has Sanusi done to improve literacy rate? It's the state government passing laws like free compulsory education.

The south hasn't ended wasteful monarchy and doesn't seem interested in leading charge to do so. I guess modernity will be a long time coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New emirates: Court Tells Ganduje He Can’t Usurp Powers Of Kingmakers by gowaga68: 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2019
Your initial comment wasn't on their numbers .

ednut1:
how many do u have in england are they not constitutional monarchs can they be sacked or disposed by a governor or minister

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’s Impeachment: More PDP Reps Tackle House Leadership Over Sanction Threat / Gunmen Hide Under Biafra Agitation To Kill In South-east – Army / Peter Obi Spends Christmas With IDPs In Benue And Christians In Kogi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.