Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,534 members, 7,958,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:28 PM

Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point (566 Views)

Some Men Insist On Making Videos Of A Soldier at a check point (Video/Pic) / Frank Mba: Nigerians Can Record Policemen But From Safe Distance (Video) / IGP Adamu Orders Withdrawal Of All Policemen At EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by baconline(m): 8:49am On Dec 11, 2019
Do Nigerians have the right? Or is it a crime,I need to know pls
Re: Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by Mutemenot(m): 8:51am On Dec 11, 2019
baconline:

Using your business account with emails and phone number to open such a thread is risky. If olopa catch u na you sabi oh
Re: Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by tunjiajayi: 9:10am On Dec 11, 2019
No, you don't . Not just the police but with every other person without there express permission.

Doing in discreetly is safer and you don't need the person's permission.

Even then there's the possibility of incrimination via alleged or purported blackmail, extortion etc...

Discretion is key.
Re: Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by PROPHETmichael: 9:47am On Dec 11, 2019
baconline:

Nigerian army issued a statement yesterday with regards to this question. According to the army, the used of phone while approaching check-points Is wrong.

So you can record dem codedly but if dem catch you....
Re: Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by slimfit1(m): 10:25am On Dec 11, 2019
You should because we don't have CCTV.
Re: Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by orunto27: 11:03am On Dec 11, 2019
You are wrong. Police are Friends not Enemies. You can freely exchange your particulars with them for identity purposes.
Re: Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by marvincriz(m): 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2019
Does the police or army have the right to check people's phones or to kill them because they belongs to a particular tribe?
Re: Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by LordAzubuike(f): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2019
baconline:
It's your call but make sure you aren't caught else you might be spending the rest of your days at igbogbi orthopedic or a traditional bone healer.
Re: Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by baconline(m): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2019
Mutemenot:

Using your business account with emails and phone number to open such a thread is risky. If olopa catch u na you sabi oh
Well I have a clear conscience as I was watching a clip of some black Americans insisting on recording the cops while on a routine stop
Re: Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by Xisnin(m): 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2019
baconline:
You don't have any right under the general.
Get a secret recording device.
Re: Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by obidark: 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2019
why not....??
i dont think they can do much....
some police officers could get angry though....
Re: Do I Have The Right To Record Policemen At A Check Point by backnbeta(f): 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2019
Please do it codedly if you must o undecided

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: President Trump Has Been Impeached / Buhari And The Fifth Columnists / 10 Disturbing Negative Indicators Nigeria Will Carryover To 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.