Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Lagos To Enact Law Criminalising Keeping Of Dangerous Animals As Pets - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos To Enact Law Criminalising Keeping Of Dangerous Animals As Pets (378 Views)

Chidinma Ojukwu:17 Types Of Dangerous Drugs That Young People Take In Nigeria / Stop Criminalising Nigerians - Ghanaian Tells Fellow Ghanaians / People Are Slaughtered Like Animals As Fulani Herdsmen Attacked Innocent Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Enact Law Criminalising Keeping Of Dangerous Animals As Pets by fergie1989(f): 11:50am On Dec 11, 2019
The Lagos State Government is to enact a law criminalising the keeping of dangerous animals as pets by individuals.

This follows the capture and tranquilizing of a two-year-old lion kept in a residential property in Ikoyi, Lagos on Nov. 18.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Mr Moyosore Onigbanjo (SAN) the Lagos State Attorney-General (AG) and Commissioner for Justice, made the disclosure at a media parley held at the Lagos State Ministry of Justice, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos on Tuesday.

Onigbanjo said that a Dangerous Animals Bill, which will penalise offenders and protect members of the public from dangerous animals, was being drafted.

He said it would soon be submitted to the Lagos State House of Assembly to be passed into law.

“The bill is to take care of scenarios like what happened at Ikoyi where an individual kept a lion in his home.

“It will also cover situations where individuals keep dangerous pets and dogs which cause harm to members of the public,” he said.

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/12/lagos-to-enact-law-criminalising.html

Re: Lagos To Enact Law Criminalising Keeping Of Dangerous Animals As Pets by fergie1989(f): 11:51am On Dec 11, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Lagos To Enact Law Criminalising Keeping Of Dangerous Animals As Pets by mercyefe200(f): 11:58am On Dec 11, 2019
Ok but why would anyone want to keep a lion or tiger as pet sad
Re: Lagos To Enact Law Criminalising Keeping Of Dangerous Animals As Pets by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2019
This should include dogs. The only dog I love is a cooked one. Spiced with pepper and onions.

Live dogs dey always pursue me. I no know why.
I'm thinking of going to the Olympics. Track and field. No no I can't run. But set a dog at me make he pursue me,na that time you go know say Hussein Bolt na learner.
Re: Lagos To Enact Law Criminalising Keeping Of Dangerous Animals As Pets by Sikay19(m): 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2019
cheesy
Such a good move by the LASG. Just like someone above me said. All those fierce looking dog should be included as well

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Redeemed Pastor, Son Die While Trying To Save Daughter From Drowning / Video!!! Moment Maryam Sanda Was Rushed Out Of The Court Room After Her Death Se / Sad!!! Nigerian Police Allegedly Tortured And Brutalized Man To Death (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.