Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist (66773 Views)

My Experience Living In Germany And Trying To Learn German On My Own / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by BigDawsNet: 7:41am On Mar 24, 2021
[quote author=Kingmanny88 post=100145704][/quote]

I'm BigdawsNet

BigdawsTv is my mentor
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by Kingmanny88(m): 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2021
BigDawsNet:

I'm BigdawsNet

BigdawsTv is my mentor
I see. Cheers.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by umar4sure(m): 9:21am On Apr 05, 2021
dannybrasky:

I didnt find Gambian girls that attractive, it was the Guinea conakry babes with hour glass figure couple with the Senegalese girls I had one or two with wink
It was more of an issue with language barrier because both countries speak French except for gambian girls who speak English. Honestly I had fun.

I have caught you red handed.
Before mummy hears it bring 2 12 promax offerings grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by dannybrasky(m): 9:31am On Apr 05, 2021
umar4sure:

I have caught you red handed.
Before mummy hears it bring 2 12 promax offerings grin
Sorry na grin
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by UKBobo(m): 1:37pm On Apr 05, 2021
dannybrasky:

I didnt find Gambian girls that attractive, it was the Guinea conakry babes with hour glass figure couple with the Senegalese girls I had one or two with wink
It was more of an issue with language barrier because both countries speak French except for gambian girls who speak English. Honestly I had fun.

One cold bottle of Origin for you.... Those Guinea Conakry madams are feared by other women across West Africa. Some men had lost their minds with those Susu/Malinke/Peul coca-cola shape.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by dannybrasky(m): 2:01pm On Apr 05, 2021
UKBobo:

One cold bottle of Origin for you.... Those Guinea Conakry madams are feared by other women across West Africa. Some men had lost their minds with those Susu/Malinke/Peul coca-cola shape.

If I was good and fluent in French probably I would have lost mine too lol. Even with the language barrier,it will Be written in history that "I TRIED" wink
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by nairalandland: 9:49pm On May 06, 2021
migrantDentist:

Jama rek.
Nakala?

Pls how lucrative are these businesses overtthere
1) satellite TV installation

2) Cane and rattan furniture
Thank you
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by nairalandland: 9:52pm On May 06, 2021
C
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by migrantDentist: 5:32pm On May 12, 2021
nairalandland:

Pls how lucrative are these businesses overtthere
1) satellite TV installation

2) Cane and rattan furniture
Thank you

I'm not sure about the lucrativity of those businesses. Free to air satellite installations is common here. Very few cane and rattan furniture manufacturer. I'm not sure if people buy it that much though
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by Uniqueaccountant(m): 6:12pm On May 12, 2021
Kindly, what other good jobs are in Gambia
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by Uniqueaccountant(m): 6:12pm On May 12, 2021
Can 500,000naira start anything good in Gambia?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by migrantDentist: 6:28pm On May 12, 2021
I don't think so. 500k naira is like 1k USD.
Rent alone is more or close to 1k USD.
If your business doesn't require a shop. Maybe 500k naira would be sufficient

Uniqueaccountant:

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by Uniqueaccountant(m): 7:37pm On May 12, 2021
migrantDentist:
I don't think so. 500k naira is like 1k USD.
Rent alone is more or close to 1k USD.
If your business doesn't require a shop. Maybe 500k naira would be sufficient

I understand...what business can that 500k start please. Aside rent. Just the whole 500k for the business?

I'm a graduate of Accounting. I'm good with computers. I'm also skilled with plumbing
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by migrantDentist: 12:15pm On May 16, 2021
Uniqueaccountant:

I understand...what business can that 500k start please. Aside rent. Just the whole 500k for the business?

I'm a graduate of Accounting. I'm good with computers. I'm also skilled with plumbing

My conclusion concerning business here is; capital intensive project and you are sure no one else is doing and you're sure of the marketability. Small businesses don't really thrive for foreigners here. No one ll patronise you and they ll patronize a gambian that copies your business model

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by Uniqueaccountant(m): 12:45pm On May 16, 2021
migrantDentist:

My conclusion concerning business here is; capital intensive project and you are sure no one else is doing and you're sure of the marketability. Small businesses don't really thrive for foreigners here. No one ll patronise you and they ll patronize a gambian that copies your business model
Do you have information about unkraine...working and schooling
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by erunzy(m): 7:16am On Jun 03, 2021
migrantDentist:

Hello sir please I want to make an enquiry. Can you mail me ikenblue@gmail.com
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by Van1233: 1:39am On Jun 23, 2021
Nicoswit:

Lol...why?...you dont like the country?
please can you guide me on how to go about bitter kola business there, I heard demand is high there thank
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by Van1233: 1:41am On Jun 23, 2021
Please can some one guide me on how to go about bitter kola business in Gambia
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by hofeshhomes: 3:14am On Jun 23, 2021
Nice experience.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by Megamercy(m): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2021
OP do they value handiwork over there?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by JIBYAT: 2:11am On Jul 07, 2021
I'm into livestock farming looking for ways to go to Gambia also. Can we form a sort of partnership?

Ever8090:
Bross poultry and fish farm business fit go well that side?..I dey look for money to start that business in a big way here in Nigeria but I no get strength with Buhari brothers and their cows...any opportunity to invest where I can grow to become one of the largest will be welcome,...my dream is to own one of the largest poultry and fish farm in the world
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by JIBYAT: 2:20am On Jul 07, 2021
I'll be in The Gambia very soon can we connect pls ?
Pavillon:

Its not 10D grin

I would like to connect with you bro..
I've been in Gambia for over 1yr now
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by JIBYAT: 2:23am On Jul 07, 2021
TheManhattan:
Una no know the kind opportunities way dey Naija I swear. PM me I will give your great ideas on how you can survive in a very competitive economy like Nigeria.
Pls respond to my mail. I messaged you.
Want to hear from you about the numerous opportunities in Nigerias competitive economy.
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by Pavillon: 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2021
JIBYAT:
I'll be in The Gambia very soon can we connect pls ?

Sure, no issues.

Just lemme know when you are around

You can also PM me
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by edwonderz(m): 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2021
I made a Pitstop in The Gambia, I stay at Bakau and will continue my cycling journey tomorrow morning across West Africa. Anyone in town and wants to meet briefly for a drink.

Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by edwonderz(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2021
Pic 1 : Cycling from Kaolack, Senegal to Barra, Gambia.
Pic 2: Ferry from Barra - Banjul

Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by edwonderz(m): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ferry

1 Like

Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by X3MLY(m): 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2021
bmdmix1:

cool good to know u got a degree did u suck dicks to acquire one grin

ohh police wow ok atleast u have my address and we be seeing physically since u love insulting people n hate them insulting u back, u fucking slowpoke

Bros, e b like u enjoy una 1st meet so tey u send am money to arrange 2nd meet . . . and she no turn up?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by X3MLY(m): 2:05pm On Jul 09, 2021
Queenslander:
lmao cheesy,. Like I said earlier,. Not everyone is a dumb skull like you.. some of us here are actually first class students with really amazing grades.. btw how about I involve the police in this matter,. And they come pick you up first thing on Monday morning.. remember. I've got your name, address and phone number,. Problem with you is that you mistake expediency for weakness, because let's be clear,. When this is all over, you're gonna wish you hadn't met me.. I promise you, I've done things, that'll make you shudder, you have no idea, what I'm capable of but you're about to find out!!

Babes, e b like the guy no appreciate u well for una 1st meet, and u decide to get ur payback by not turning up after he send money for 2nd meet?
Re: My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist by Ifesinachi22(m): 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2021
migrantDentist:

You can study. You just pay more as an international student. 5k USD for medicine. I don't know the tuition for other departments. There are Nigerians studying medicine here. UTG is the only accredited school. Don't bother with aiuwa

I think AIUWA is accredited. I'm heading there by January.

Dentistry Department. I actually have HND in Dental Therapy.

Any Advice or words of encouragement?

I will really appreciate your input. Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Newly Commissioned Abia Flyover Turned To Dumping Site (photo) / The Beautiful Side of Aba City They Don't Talk About (See Pictures) / The Top Ten Tallest Buildings In Nigeria 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.