Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:11 PM

FG Has Ordered Probe Of Court Invasion By DSS —malami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Has Ordered Probe Of Court Invasion By DSS —malami (247 Views)

Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho / Presidency Ordered Probe Of Anthony Okolie Using Hanan Buhari’s Old Line – DSS / Malami: FG Has Ordered Probe Of Court Invasion By DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

FG Has Ordered Probe Of Court Invasion By DSS —malami by Finnese001: 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2019
FG has ordered probe of court invasion by DSS —Malami
Published December 11, 2019

Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

The Federal Government has ordered an investigation into the Friday invasion of the Federal High Court, Abuja, by the operatives of the Department of State Service, the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, has said.

The DSS, in their bid to rearrest the presidential candidate of the African Action Congress in the February 2019 general election, Omoyele Sowore, had invaded the court, during which the judge fled the scene.

Malami spoke to reporters on the premises of the Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday, after paying a courtesy visit to the Chief Judge of the court, Justice John Tsoho.

He evaded question on the reason for Sowore’s rearrest, which had drawn criticisms locally and internationally.

Fielding questions from reporters, he said he did not visit the Chief Judge over Sowore’s case but to congratulate him on his confirmation by the Senate as the substantive Chief Judge of the Federal High Court.

Asked if he was not appalled by the DSS’ conduct, Malami said, “Whatever affects the integrity of the court is a worrisome issue for us.

“I can never be preemptive of an incident over which I was not a live witness to.”

He added, “But one thing I am certain of is that the government has put in place mechanism for investigation of the reported incident.

“So, I would not like to be preemptive in terms of a conclusion, one way or the other, without allowing the consummation and conclusion of the investigation process.”

https://punchng.com/

Re: FG Has Ordered Probe Of Court Invasion By DSS —malami by SarkinYarki: 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2019
Even when Sowore is still illegally in the custody of DSS? These people are clowns
Re: FG Has Ordered Probe Of Court Invasion By DSS —malami by enemybulldozer(m): 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Even when Sowore is still illegally in the custody of DSS? These people are clowns
Hehehehee... FG thinks that everybody in this country is a fool.

2 Likes

Re: FG Has Ordered Probe Of Court Invasion By DSS —malami by Brandstudio01: 9:50pm On Dec 11, 2019
Lols
Nigeria I hail thee
Re: FG Has Ordered Probe Of Court Invasion By DSS —malami by Mynd44: 1:54am On Dec 12, 2019

(1)

Abolish Ex Governors Exorbitant Pension / General Buratai And The Return Of Military Innovations / Niger Community To Get N34bn Flour Mills Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.