Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply (8579 Views)

Apply For 2021/2022 PTDF Local Scholarship For BSc, MSc And PhD Candidates / 2020 PTDF MSc and PhD scholarship in the United Kingdom / 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by DMainMan: 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
essy4060:
Please, what's the average fee for that?
Do it by yourself. You can use Nipost registered mail which is cheap. You can also track your package.

The earlier you apply, the better . So you can apply to many scholarship categories as one will click.
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by odimbannamdi(m): 2:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
B00B00:
Ghen Ghen,

Boss, your boy is giving it a shot. The method of application in CSC portal changed this year.

Max of 3 schools for Type B and 2 schools for Type A.

Majority of schools now require acceptance letter.

You too much

What are Type B and Type A?

Please clarify.

Thanks
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by odimbannamdi(m): 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2019
mimilogs:
We can help you deliver your documents cheaper from Nigeria to China

How much do you charge?
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by DMainMan: 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Thanks for this link, DMainMan.

Through it, i was able to get to the google drive compilation that gives a step by step expose on how to apply, and it has been helpful.

However, i have a barrage of questions, and i crave you indulgence in providing experienced answers as i drop them gradually.

According to one of the points you outline, a single pdf document of my WAEC and English Proficiency Letter from my school can act in lieu of the IELTS. But, does submitting an IELTS result, especially if you had a good score, give one any advantage whatsoever? I can imagine the number of applicants interested in the program from all over the world, so any advantage will be helpful.

Also, i couldnt find the agency number for 2 of my schools of interest in your agency number compilation. How do i go about this
Thanks
1. No real advantage. It is just to confirm if you are fluent in English. But if you have ielts, you can use it but if you dont have, there is no need.
2. Google the "school name and agency number" to get it
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by mzzdharmy93(f): 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
DMainMan:

Do it by yourself. You can use Nipost registered mail which is cheap. You can also track your package.

The earlier you apply, the better . So you can apply to many scholarship categories as one will click.

I was at nipost ems office at ikeja and they estimated N17,400 for sending docs to china.
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by DMainMan: 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2019
mzzdharmy93:

I was at nipost ems office at ikeja and they estimated N17,400 for sending docs to china.

EMS is courier. Just like DHL, FedEx and the rest.

NIPOST registered mail service is under NIPOST. So you go to NIPOST postal office not ems office. They give you international tracking number that can be tracked and recognised worldwide.
Ensure you mention[b]NIPOST registered mail[/b] and ask for your tracking number
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by mzzdharmy93(f): 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2019
DMainMan:

EMS is courier. Just like DHL, FedEx and the rest.

NIPOST registered mail service is under NIPOST. So you go to NIPOST postal office not ems office. They give you international tracking number that can be tracked and recognised worldwide.
Ensure you mention[b]NIPOST registered mail[/b] and ask for your tracking number

Oh ok.

Thank you. Will do that
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by odimbannamdi(m): 7:01pm On Dec 18, 2019
mzzdharmy93:

Can you chill till January so that we can get some other guys and send together to cut our costs.
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by DMainMan: 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Can you chill till January so that we can get some other guys and send together to cut our costs.

It seems you dont understand this Chinese Government scholarship process.

Submission of documents is per head and on individual basis. You dont send in group or else your application will be discarded.

Submission also depends on the school requirements, department requirements and the address and the school instructions.

China is very huge and big. There are five time zones.

Follow the instructions as I dont think you have read this well to avoid mistakes.

Read this calmly and slowly:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aArPAt64-R8Gj9-o0ImUMqLlCx-tDLnm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by essy4060: 9:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
Thank you soooo much. Regarding this year application, how many universities are we to fill in?
DMainMan:

Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2019
odimbannamdi:

What are Type B and Type A?

Please clarify.

Thanks

Type A is applying through the embassy while Type B is applying through the university
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by odimbannamdi(m): 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
B00B00:

Type A is applying through the embassy while Type B is applying through the university

Thanks for the clarification.

What determines whether one's application will be type A or B?

Is it predetermined, based on choice of prgramme?

Please pardon my questions, if they seem too basic.
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by odimbannamdi(m): 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2019
essy4060:
Thank you soooo much. Regarding this year application, how many universities are we to fill in?

I think we are entitled to a maximum of 3 applications
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by odimbannamdi(m): 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
DMainMan:

It seems you dont understand this Chinese Government scholarship process.

Submission of documents is per head and on individual basis. You dont send in group or else your application will be discarded.

Submission also depends on the school requirements, department requirements and the address and the school instructions.

China is very huge and big. There are five time zones.

Follow the instructions as I dont think you have read this well to avoid mistakes.

Read this calmly and slowly:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aArPAt64-R8Gj9-o0ImUMqLlCx-tDLnm

My bad!

I was looking at it from the angle of the German applications i sent earlier this year. As long as we were sending to the same location, we just had to pool our documents and funds together and send.

7 of us were able to send our documents through TNT at just 1,750naira. And it got there in less than 4 days.

But i think things are much different here. If we will be sending through NIPOST, then the earlier the better, to allow for inefficiencies of the Naija system.

My major challenge now is getting the Letters of recommendation from my Professors. I doubt i will be able to get them until end of January.

Will these letters be verified by the organizers of the CGS?

Since i am going for programmes that are non-Continuing, can i get my line managers at my place of work to write them for me? And maybe pass them off Professor's recommendation? Coz i even do a lot of research and analytic-based operations at work.

I am just trying to beat time and save costs.

Please advise me.

Thanks, big man
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 20, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Thanks for the clarification.

What determines whether one's application will be type A or B?

Is it predetermined, based on choice of prgramme?

Please pardon my questions, if they seem too basic.

If you're applying through a university, your application should be type B.

Go through the laid down process explained by Dmainman, he explained everything
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2019
Unlike in previous years, you only need one email to apply to 3 schools max via Type B and 2 schools via Type A. This compliance is monitored by your international passport No

In addition, acceptance letter is mandatory for type B application.
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by DMainMan: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2019
B00B00:
Unlike in previous years, you only need one email to apply to 3 schools max via Type B and 2 schools via Type A. This compliance is monitored by your international passport No

In addition, acceptance letter is mandatory for type B application.

Where did you hear this news. Can you pleas post the official link. What is the source? Is it from an official CSC source as there are lots of fake website news now?

Because my guy currently in China who won CSC through University programme just told me that acceptance letter is not compulsory but gives you higher chance especially for PhD and even MSc.

If you dont have it, you can still apply. When I applied and won it, I didn't even include acceptance letter same as my freind. Though due to high competition, to have higher chance, acceptance letter is advisable.

However, if you have tried and you dont have it, just apply to many scholarship categories. At least, one will click. Dont put all your eggs in one basket. Apply and post your documents early. Use NIPOST registered mail as it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for your document to reach China. It costs just 1 to 2k as opposed to courier which cost about 15 to 20k.

My freind just verified this from his school international office that acceptance letter is not compulsory but gives one higher chance.

Thank you .
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by maingate27: 9:39pm On Dec 21, 2019
pls what is the O level requirement(waec,neco,nabteb)?
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by DMainMan: 2:25am On Dec 22, 2019
maingate27:
pls what is the O level requirement(waec,neco,nabteb)?
Check the first page from the beginning. Everything is written there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 22, 2019
DMainMan:

Where did you hear this news. Can you pleas post the official link. What is the source? Is it from an official CSC source as there are lots of fake website news now?

Because my guy currently in China who won CSC through University programme just told me that acceptance letter is not compulsory but gives you higher chance especially for PhD and even MSc.

If you dont have it, you can still apply. When I applied and won it, I didn't even include acceptance letter same as my freind. Though due to high competition, to have higher chance, acceptance letter is advisable.

However, if you have tried and you dont have it, just apply to many scholarship categories. At least, one will click. Dont put all your eggs in one basket. Apply and post your documents early. Use NIPOST registered mail as it takes about 2 to 3 weeks for your document to reach China. It costs just 1 to 2k as opposed to courier which cost about 15 to 20k.

My freind just verified this from his school international office that acceptance letter is not compulsory but gives one higher chance.

Thank you .

Sir, the application procedure changed this year. Even many schools started application earlier as of November 2019 unlike in previous years where majority of the schools starts in January 1st.

Majority of schools require acceptance letter for type B application this year unlike in previous years. This information is pasted in various school website. Most always ask for it after passing the first preliminary review.

Just the same way some ask for police character report and laboratory report to be attached to the foreigners physical examination form

Conclusively, unlike in previous years where you need multiple emails to apply to 3 schools, this year only one email serves for your 3 applications.

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by essy4060: 4:27pm On Dec 22, 2019
Please, I need clarification. How many schools are we to apply under type B and is acceptance letter compulsory in all school?
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by essy4060: 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2019
How does a doc with notarization look like? Must it come with a red seal? Mine has two stamps: certified true copy and the federal high court stamp.
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by trisha01(f): 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
Guys pls help me, I've not registered because i don't ve an international passport yet but hope to get it January.
Pls what other thing is required so that i can get them before my int.passport is ready
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 24, 2019
Acceptance letter is not mandatory for all schools, but if you can get it, it will give your application an edge because csc is competitive.

For Notorization, the notorary stamp or seal is enough, and if you have high court stamp and layers signature on it is still ok, but the main thing is the notorary stamp.

Apart from international passport, you will need other documents like previous degree certificates[notorized copy] and transcripts[notorized copy], two recommendation letters from professors, statement of purpose, any english proficiency letter [Notorized copy], Medical physical examination form (the form is available, you take to a recognise hospital for medical assesment and they fill the form for you ), some schools might require police report, so make it available, Acceptance letter from your prospective supervisor (not compulsory for all schools), soft copies of the abstract of your publications (if you dont have publications, then dont worry).

Finally, one of the major challenges applicants faces is during posting of hard copies to the school in china, [ note: not all schools needs your hard copies], sometimes, the document is sent to the wrong school cos many schools in china have almost same name eg, zheijiang university is different from zhejiang normal university, though in same province. many schools are like that......secondly, it doesnt get to the school ontime[due to nigeria factor ]. To help you solve this, as i have identified these issues, i will help you post all your documents from china, you will only need to send soft copies, it is very fast [maximum two days your document will be sent], it will get to the right address as i know many schools....finally it will be more cheaper and convinient.

if you are interested, mail: chitex41@yahoo.com

goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 24, 2019
chitex41:
Acceptance letter is not mandatory for all schools, but if you can get it, it will give your application an edge because csc is competitive.

For Notorization, the notorary stamp or seal is enough, and if you have high court stamp and layers signature on it is still ok, but the main thing is the notorary stamp.

Apart from international passport, you will need other documents like previous degree certificates[notorized copy] and transcripts[notorized copy], two recommendation letters from professors, statement of purpose, any english proficiency letter [Notorized copy], Medical physical examination form (the form is available, you take to a recognise hospital for medical assesment and they fill the form for you ), some schools might require police report, so make it available, Acceptance letter from your prospective supervisor (not compulsory for all schools), soft copies of the abstract of your publications (if you dont have publications, then dont worry).

Finally, one of the major challenges applicants faces is during posting of hard copies to the school in china, [ note: not all schools needs your hard copies], sometimes, the document is sent to the wrong school cos many schools in china have almost same name eg, zheijiang university is different from zhejiang normal university, though in same province. many schools are like that......secondly, it doesnt get to the school ontime[due to nigeria factor ]. To help you solve this, as i have identified these issues, i will help you post all your documents from china, you will only need to send soft copies, it is very fast [maximum two days your document will be sent], it will get to the right address as i know many schools....finally it will be more cheaper and convinient.

goodluck!

Succinct
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by essy4060: 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2019
I am still confused. I have got the federal high court stamp and signature stating my documents are true; do I still need to go to any barrister for the notary ? Secondly, do I need to motorize my international passport, letter of recommendations and English proficiency?
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by DMainMan: 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2019
essy4060:
I am still confused. I have got the federal high court stamp and signature stating my documents are true; do I still need to go to any barrister for the notary ? Secondly, do I need to motorize my international passport, letter of recommendations and English proficiency?

1. You dont need notary. You can either use certified true copy or notary.
You are good to go. Dont forget to scan and upload the certified copy into the application system.

2. You dont need to notarize your international passport, letter of recommendations and English proficiency.
You only need to notarise your highest education cetificate and transcript.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by DMainMan: 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
chitex41:

goodluck!
Nice 1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by essy4060: 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
Thank you very much. I am clarified.
DMainMan:

1. You dont need notary. You can either use certified true copy or notary.
You are good to go. Dont forget to scan and upload the certified copy into the application system.

2. You dont need to notarize your international passport, letter of recommendations and English proficiency.
You only need to notarise your highest education cetificate and transcript.

Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by Kingzy4pep(m): 2:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
DMainMan:

Hello.
Please I'm having a slight challenge in completing this application. The part for English test, what should I choose?
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by donolatunji(m): 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
chitex41:
Goodluck to applicants for this year, if you need assistance let me know .
Please I need assistance
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Apply for 2020 BSc, MSc and PhD Chinese Government Scholarship- HND can apply by SundryInfo: 11:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
chitex41:

goodluck!

Hello bro,

I may be interested in using your service and i sent you a mail.

But i am wondering, since some of the documents will be notarized, wouldn't we need to send the original notarized copies to you via post first, for onward distribution to our schools of interest?

Or did you mean that you can help us do the notarization in China, after we have scanned the docs to you?

Please clarify.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UTME Should Be Conducted Twice/Thrice Per Year! / Have you Seen These ? [photos] / Gateway Polytechnics In Ogun State Start Addmission Processes..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.