Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,569 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:49 PM

5 Female Entertainers Who Were Once Street Hawkers - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Female Entertainers Who Were Once Street Hawkers (708 Views)

10 Entertainers Who Bagged Degrees From Togo, Benin Republic Varsities / Ali Baba Says Entertainers Who Encourage Crime Should Be Dealt With / Daddy Freeze Calls Out Nigerian Entertainers Who Buy Fake Watches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Female Entertainers Who Were Once Street Hawkers by splendid22(m): 12:39pm On Dec 13, 2019
Small beginnings are often the launching pad to achieving great success. Many admire the achievements of the likes of Tope Alabi, Bisola Aiyeola, Monica Friday, Mercy Macjoe, Mercy Johnson and others.Unknown to them, these women were once street hawkers.

Despite coming from humble backgrounds, they decided to write their names in gold

Tope Alabi

Tope Alabi a.k.a ‘Ore ti o common’ is undoubtedly one of the most sought after gospel artistes in Nigeria. Her collaboration with TY Bello ‘Logan ti ode’ currently has 4.4million views as at the time of filing this report. However, her story has been that of grass to grace.

According to her:”Aside acting, I hawked raw eggs, rice, and stew before going to school in Ewutu. It was in Ibadan that I sold boiled egg.”

Mercy Johnson

Award winning actress, Mercy Johnson is known for her versatility and amazing acting prowess. She has attained great heights in her career and still aspires for more.

But her journey has not always been rosy and smooth. The curvy mother of three once hawked sachet water, lived in uncompleted buildings, but didn’t allow her humble background to deter her from rewriting her story.

Mercy Macjoe

Beneath the glamour and stardom that Mercy Macjoe enjoys today are scars that no one can seen The talented actress once sold oranges on the street for survival.

In the words of the Economics graduate of the University of Ibadan:” I didn’t have all the opportunities when I was growing up. I grew up with my mum. I lost my dad at a very young age so it was just my mum who took care of me and my other siblings. I am the sixth in a family of eight. I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth; I had to do so many things to survive. I assisted my mum in her buying and selling business. I sold so many things with my mum. I remember selling oranges and some other things with my mum. I am proud to say it now because the story is different now. I hawked oranges and some other things, helping my mum and siblings to survive. I am always proud to say it because it was in the past and I can’t sell oranges now”

Bisola Aiyeola

Bisola Aiyeola, the first runner-up of the 2017 BBNaija reality TV show once revealed that she had to hawk macaroni on the street. The multi -talented entertainer said the experience wasn’t a good one.Hear her: "I hawked on the street it happened. What have I not sold? I have sold jewelleries, make-up etc. I actually sold macaroni in the traffic. I was 21 when it happened .It wasn’t a fun experience”

http:///s34bdfd25191213en_ng

Re: 5 Female Entertainers Who Were Once Street Hawkers by yaxson(m): 1:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
grace to grace

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Sister Abandons Vow Of Celibacy / I Didn’t Beg E-money For Lexus Jeep – Actor Junior Pope / Rapper, Drake To Visit Nigeria In March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.