Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Have You Experienced This With MTN Before? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Have You Experienced This With MTN Before? (768 Views)

Elon Musk's Starlink Ready To Compete With MTN, Airtel, Glo 9mobile In Nigeria / My Experience With MTN Nigeria / QASA 18 INCH AC/DC SOLAR FAN.COMPATIBLE WITH MTN LUMOS AND SMALL SOLAR SYSTEMS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Experienced This With MTN Before? by Indestructible: 4:44pm On Dec 13, 2019
Good day people
Please I have a problem with mtn oo
On the 10th of December 2019 at about 9:30 pm,I recharged #1500 and subscribed 3gb of data.I didn't start browsing until the following day 11th December, I checked a few things on WhatsApp and nairaland, then at about 7:30 that same day,an SMS dropped, saying that I had about 600mb remaining. Omor,I mad ooo.I immediately called customer care and explained everything to the lady...Over 2.5gb of data was unaccounted for.She was so confused and immediately put the call through to her supervisor, I spoke with the supervisor at length, stating my displeasure and dissatisfaction, he tried reassuring me that the systems were still undergoing updates and they would return all the data unaccounted for. I demanded he did that immediately,but he pleaded saying that the updates would take some time.He advised I call them back the following day (yesterday) by 5pm,since I spoke with that supervisor up till this very moment, I haven't turned on my data connection, What I have been using to browse is my Grandmum's hotspot.
At exactly 5pm yesterday, I called back.I explained everything to the customer care representative(a guy now),he was totally shocked and surprised.I suggested he checked how my data was used, he claimed he couldn't do that as the systems were still undergoing updates. However,he checked my remaining data and said it was 594 mb!!.This infuriated me the more, does that mean that my data depletes even though data connection is off?, I clearly stated to him that this was an act of theft.He immediately apologized and put the call through to his supervisor( a lady now),I spoke with her about the whole matter, she sounded shocked ,She claimed that their systems were still undergoing updates and as such she couldnt access my data usage.Imagine oo,update for about 48 hours!!....which kin update be that?? I told her I was beginning to suspect foul play from her colleagues. She asked if I made any downloads, stating that she might be seeing some downloads. That statement completely pissed me off!!!. I asked her,are you guys trying to cover up your dubious colleagues, using system updates as pretext??,I clearly stated that your inability to trace how this data was used is an indication of gross incompetence on your part,on the part of the staff and the network at large.She pleaded I call back in 24hrs,saying that she can only be of help when the system updates have been completed. I related this shit to a few hood niggas, they were all surprised, some were like O boy ,u no sabi say MTN dey steal??, true true,I sabi say dem dey steal oo,but I no sabi say na to this extent...Over 2.5gb unaccounted for!!!.
Someone advised me to chat them up on Facebook, I did that last night sha,MTN Nigeria apologized and still claimed system updates.
Omor,am so disappointed with this people,and I know as things dey b for this country, lyk play lyk play dem go just die d matter and na hw my 2.5gb go just waka.
Please has anyone experienced something like this before and what are the possible solutions?.
Abeg Mods,may una help me push this thing to front page,answers dey needed urgently and time is of essence.
Thanks
Re: Have You Experienced This With MTN Before? by DapoAD: 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2019
Na wa o....meanwhile visit https://metrics.enextwireless.com for LTE coverage Map in Nigeria. Know the best performing LTE service provider in your location today
Re: Have You Experienced This With MTN Before? by vastolord4(m): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2019
Shebi it's MTN? Just make another sub.. don't stress your phones battery abeg
Re: Have You Experienced This With MTN Before? by Indestructible: 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2019
vastolord4:
Shebi it's MTN? Just make another sub.. don't stress your phones battery abeg
abi?

(1) (Reply)

Dell Corei5 Laptop, 250gb/4gb.... 40k sold / How To Do SIP Trunking & VOIP With Elastix Asterisk PBX Panasonic NS500 / Solar Inverter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.