Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Who Are The Indomie Generation? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Are The Indomie Generation? (382 Views)

Who Exactly Belongs To The Indomie Generation? / If You Dont Know This, You Belong To The Indomie Generation. / Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Indomie Generation? by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:05pm On Dec 13, 2019
On NairaLand, it's not uncommon to see statements like "Indomie generation kids can't know this". So I was curious to know what the indomie generation exactly is.

Most researches I've come across usually classify present-day people into three generations;

- Generation X: If you were born between 1960 and 1980 then you belong to this generation.

- Generation Y (aka millenials): If you were born between 1980 and before 1996 then you belong to this generation.

- Generation Z (which I believe is the "indomie" generation): If you were born after 1996 then you fall here.

You may search Wikipedia for more info.

Do you think this submission is right?

And more importantly, apart from eating Indomie, is there anything unique about this so-called Indomie generation?

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Indomie Generation? by doitforyou(f): 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2019

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Indomie Generation? by Newnas(m): 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2019
GeoAfrikana:
On NairaLand, it's not uncommon to see statements like "Indomie generation kids can't know this". So I was curious to know what the indomie generation exactly is.

Most researches I've come across usually classify present-day people into three generations;

- Generation X (aka Baby Boomers): If you were born between 1960 and 1980 then you belong to this generation.

- Generation Y (aka millenials): If you were born between 1980 and before 1996 then you belong to this generation.

- Generation Z (which I believe is the "indomie" generation): If you were born after 1996 then you fall here.

You may search Wikipedia for more info.

Do you think this submission is right?

And more importantly, apart from eating Indomie, is there anything unique about this so-called Indomie generation?

In my opinion, Indomie generation have less connection with the real world. They are always living in their virtual digital world.

They engage in sex very early and generally carefree about random sex.

They have less values for religious and cultural values than preceding generations.

This is a subjective opinion though so quote me with gentleness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Indomie Generation? by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
doitforyou:

Generation X are not baby boomers. Baby boomers were born after WWII. 1946-1960s. Generation X are sometimes called the forgotten generation.

You're correct, I just looked it up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Indomie Generation? by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:40pm On Dec 13, 2019
Newnas:

In my opinion, Indomie generation have less connection with the real world. They are always living in their virtual digital world.

They engage in sex very early and generally carefree about random sex.

They have less values for religious and cultural values than preceding generations.

This is a subjective opinion though so quote me with gentleness.

To some extent, this is true.

And I believe that they master more of English than their mother-tongue. Many of them are poor in their native language but enjoy nasalization and of every English word.

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Indomie Generation? by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 14, 2019
They are the woke generation. The older generations are not as smart as they are (their belief) and social media and vain things control them. So moral and cultural values have been totally waved aside. And we can't really blame them too, the older generations have neglected their duties to science and technology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Indomie Generation? by GeoAfrikana(m): 12:56am On Dec 14, 2019
Citygal:
They are the woke generation. The older generations are not as smart as they are (their belief) and social media and vain things control them. So moral and cultural values have been totally waved aside. And we can't really blame them too, the older generations have neglected their duties to science and technology.

I wanted to mention that I think they're deluded. They think they are the masters of science and technology. But this isn't correct. Throughout the course of history, mankind have never ceases to make ground breaking discoveries.

Have you heard of the shaddoof irrigation system used by Egyptians?

Or have you heard that the Roman cities have better water system than many African cities of today?

You need to read history and biographies.

And lastly, do you realize that all the tech in the world today are made by the Generation X and Y? The indomie generation are yet to make anything, they're still in the university or at most, fresh graduates.

(1) (Reply)

Amazon Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet, 7" Display, 16 GB, Pink Kid-proof Case / MAN BEGS COURT TO REDUCES N15000 ALLOWANCE FOR CHILDREN / I Decided To Expose Myself �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.