Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor (2207 Views)

There Is Still Room For You In APC - Deputy Speaker, Benjamin Kalu Tells Otti / See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor / In Prison, Orji Uzor Kalu Begins Another Chapter Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by godlyguy(m): 8:15am On Dec 14, 2019
The Nation Newspaper
See me eating in prison, Orji Kalu tells visitor
December 14, 2019
I didn’t steal Abia’s N7.2b, says Kalu
FacebookTwitterPinterestLinkedInWhatsAppEmail

THIS is a classic instance of the instability of human conditions. At the age of 20, he had become a millionaire at a time the naira was worth more than the dollar. At 26, he became the youngest Nigerian to receive the National Merit Award during the Ibrahim Babangida-led military administration in 1986.

Orji Uzor Kalu became the governor of Abia State when he was not yet 40 and ruled the state for eight years between 1999 and 2007. He capped a life on the fast lane with his recent election as the senator representing Abia North, eventually emerging as the Chief Whip in the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

But all that took a dramatic turn penultimate Thursday with his conviction by the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court which sentenced him to 12 years imprisonment for N7.65 billion fraud while he held sway as Abia State governor.

Although he has become a prison inmate since then, Sentry gathered that the reality of his new condition did not dawn on him until some of his associates began to visit him in the prison. Recall that the former governor reportedly asked the prison officials who led him out of the court after the judge pronounced his conviction: “Where are we going now?”

A few days after he landed in prison, one of his business associates was said to have paid him a sympathy visit but was shocked at the pitiable picture cut by the former governor, who was said to be wearing a pair of bathroom slippers.

“See me now eating in the prison,” a pensive Kalu reportedly told his visitor, who struggled to find the words that could console him. An erstwhile colleague of his as governor, who spent some time in incarceration, also visited him. The flamboyant ex-governor advised him to stay strong and regard his travails as another phase of life.

Sentry gathered that the former Abia State governor has been moved from Lagos to the Kuje Prison in Abuja for reasons no one could fathom.

https://thenationonlineng.net/see-me-eating-in-prison-orji-kalu-tells-visitor/?fbclid=IwAR0kU8muMZ_Zd6sfjVC1YyxcH-bbLYyVolj71soyIpF2Fi62hG1I0AXfBC0

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/12/see-me-eating-in-prison-orji-kalu-tells.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by chibaby1985(f): 8:20am On Dec 14, 2019
Wordless
godlyguy:
The Nation Newspaper
December 14, 2019

THIS is a classic instance of the instability of human conditions. At the age of 20, he had become a millionaire at a time the naira was worth more than the dollar. At 26, he became the youngest Nigerian to receive the National Merit Award during the Ibrahim Babangida-led military administration in 1986.

Orji Uzor Kalu became the governor of Abia State when he was not yet 40 and ruled the state for eight years between 1999 and 2007. He capped a life on the fast lane with his recent election as the senator representing Abia North, eventually emerging as the Chief Whip in the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

But all that took a dramatic turn penultimate Thursday with his conviction by the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court which sentenced him to 12 years imprisonment for N7.65 billion fraud while he held sway as Abia State governor.

Although he has become a prison inmate since then, Sentry gathered that the reality of his new condition did not dawn on him until some of his associates began to visit him in the prison. Recall that the former governor reportedly asked the prison officials who led him out of the court after the judge pronounced his conviction: “Where are we going now?”

A few days after he landed in prison, one of his business associates was said to have paid him a sympathy visit but was shocked at the pitiable picture cut by the former governor, who was said to be wearing a pair of bathroom slippers.

“See me now eating in the prison,” a pensive Kalu reportedly told his visitor, who struggled to find the words that could console him. An erstwhile colleague of his as governor, who spent some time in incarceration, also visited him. The flamboyant ex-governor advised him to stay strong and regard his travails as another phase of life.

Sentry gathered that the former Abia State governor has been moved from Lagos to the Kuje Prison in Abuja for reasons no one could fathom.

https://thenationonlineng.net/see-me-eating-in-prison-orji-kalu-tells-visitor/?fbclid=IwAR0kU8muMZ_Zd6sfjVC1YyxcH-bbLYyVolj71soyIpF2Fi62hG1I0AXfBC0

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/12/see-me-eating-in-prison-orji-kalu-tells.html?m=1
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by TooMuchStuff: 8:23am On Dec 14, 2019
Buhari no wan hear say Igbo man wan be president of naija.

Buhari doesn't see Nigeria as country but a fully owned Fulani Empire given to them by Allah via Usman Danfodio Jihad
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by godlyguy(m): 8:25am On Dec 14, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Buhari doesn't see Nigeria as country but a fully owned Fulani Empire given to them by Allah via Usman Danfodio Jihad
You don start to shake table
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:30am On Dec 14, 2019
Na KFC u wan eat b4?
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by General0847: 8:35am On Dec 14, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

So it was Buhari who asked him to steal Abia govt money when he was governor? Nwanne stop this nonsense biko.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by chibaby1985(f): 8:38am On Dec 14, 2019
General0847:

So it was Buhari who asked him to steal Abia govt money when he was governor? Nwanne stop this nonsense biko.
Abi... I just don't know joor

1 Like

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Kwamecron(m): 8:41am On Dec 14, 2019
Where the pix naa
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:45am On Dec 14, 2019
You can as well decide not to eat.Greedy man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by ZombieTERROR: 8:45am On Dec 14, 2019
When is thiefodore orji aka Ochendo joining him?

Because I can't wait any longer...

While the sane region in the country is punishing thieves and beating them abroad on sight...

The other side that prostrate for thieves are hailing them... Even when they are seen with bullion vans parading looted funds.. They still support thieves from their region...
They are ready to label the likes of Jonathan... Deziani.. Ibori etc but hail their own

Watch as they come to defend their thieves now..

5 Likes

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by TooMuchStuff: 8:49am On Dec 14, 2019
General0847:

Oga me, the Nigeria constitution allows all governors to be THIEVES by the non retirement of SECURITY VOTES.

Buhari main gross is that CHRISTIAN VOICES must be Silenced because an Islamic Agenda currently running his REGIME must be completed.

Nobody steals public funds more like Hausafulanis Muslims. Remember all Nigeria politicians are raw thieves. ALL.
FACT.
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Toosure70: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2019
Too bad.
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by General0847: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Oga me, the Nigeria constitution allows all governors to be THIEVES by the non retirement of SECURITY VOTES.

Buhari main gross is that CHRISTIAN VOICES must be Silenced because an Islamic Agenda currently running his REGIME must be completed.

Nobody steals public funds more like Hausafulanis Muslims. Remember Nigeria all politicians are raw thieves. ALL.
FACT.
Is Diezani hausa fulani? Are southern state governors hausa too? You're a bigot with a mind like stone, you will never change.
Meanwhile your state governors who are not hausa or fulani have been stealing your commonwealth since 1999 in case you don't know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by deboysben(m): 8:57am On Dec 14, 2019
Pictures of him eating beans.

I will be happy.

1 Like

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by THUNDER4real(m): 9:06am On Dec 14, 2019
congrats man, If you stole the money, u deserve it....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by adekolaelect(m): 9:10am On Dec 14, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

It will take centuries before you can be librated from where you are

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by chibaby1985(f): 9:18am On Dec 14, 2019
adekolaelect:
It will take centuries before you can be librated from where you are
Why this?
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by tunjiajayi: 9:21am On Dec 14, 2019
Onpe! angry

You for no chop the beans na!

I can confidently call you a thief since you have been convicted by a competent court albeit drawn out process.

Thief!
Dem done catch you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by adekolaelect(m): 9:21am On Dec 14, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Nobody steals public funds more like Hausafulanis Muslims. Remember all Nigeria politicians are raw thieves. ALL.
FACT.
they can't jail all at the same time .are you telling us KANU should be freed of his exposed frauds simply because is Igbo or christian ? Let try to use our senses than ethnics ,Religions and politics bcs Good governance does not recognise any of it than well being of the citizens of the country or states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by tunjiajayi: 9:23am On Dec 14, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Mscheeeew. angry

And that should be General Buhari to you.
Typical yamree.

1 Like

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by adekolaelect(m): 9:37am On Dec 14, 2019
chibaby1985:
Why this?
because of ethnicity ,Religion @ political sentiment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by imiski(m): 9:43am On Dec 14, 2019
All these updates about Kalu prison life smells fishy...my man fit dey abuja dy chill for one of him houses-I can't remember seeing any news of forfeiture. After all he was transferred from Lagos to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by TooMuchStuff: 9:53am On Dec 14, 2019
General0847:

Is Diezani hausa fulani? Are southern state governors hausa too? You're a bigot with a mind like stone, you will never change.
Meanwhile your state governors who are not hausa or fulani have been stealing your commonwealth since 1999 in case you don't know.

Hey. Wetin be ya troublems naa??

How many Hausafulani Muslims governors have been jailed till date by BuhariApC??

U think everyone is blind??

Kwankwaso swallowed N4.2 billion LGs funds and he admitted he used it to run for his ambitious presidential gambles. He's a Freeman.
Sule Lamido and his children stole over N39 billion. They are freemen. All of northern parasitic states governors are big time thieves but only Taraba and Plateau with Christians ex govnors got jailed.

1 Like

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by socialmediaman: 9:59am On Dec 14, 2019
General0847:

You mean this Diezani?

2 Likes

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Stalwert: 10:19am On Dec 14, 2019
[s]
TooMuchStuff:

[/s]

This one is begging for quota system Presidency.
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 14, 2019
socialmediaman:

You mean this Diezani?

Lol �
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by chibaby1985(f): 1:20pm On Dec 14, 2019
They will release oga soon
godlyguy:
The Nation Newspaper
December 14, 2019

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Azmanaty: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
socialmediaman:

You mean this Diezani?

Don't mind d fool

1 Like

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by BlackfireX: 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2019
11 years, 11 months ,3 weeks,7 hours to eat more watery beans...

(1) (Reply)

Russian Plane Lands In Makurdi Deliverers Military Helicopters ( throw back) / Second Day Sit At Home: Onitsha Situation. / Twitter User Calls Out Tinubu For Copying Osinbajo's Model Of Consultation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.