Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

My Experience At Kia Service Centre Port Harcourt. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Experience At Kia Service Centre Port Harcourt. (608 Views)

Sharp Kia Optima Auto 2003 Toks # I.25M 08096577304 / KIA CERATO 2007 for 500k / ******SOLD SOLD SOLD***** Bought Brandnew 2011 Kia Cerato 1,850,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Kia Service Centre Port Harcourt. by chrisxxx(m): 10:44am On Dec 14, 2019
I got a brand new R10 car in 2015. Unfortunately, I had no driving experience then and it suffered a lot body damage from me.
Recently, I sent it for body work. Mind you not Kia Service Centre. I needed a cheaper alternative. But I was half wise in my decision. As after the body work a car that had no problem lost current entirely. The car could not start. I changed battery it showed sign that it was battery but still would not start. I suspect fuel and bought a full tank and still to no avail.
I called the police in. However, before they came, the car had started with so much struggle.
Sincerely, when the policemen arrived, I whispered to the painter to escape. I knew they would start to question and manhandle him to get information of what happened and perhaps to impress me.
It was a good guess! They came asking for him and were eager to bounce on him.
I wasn't too sure of what had gone wrong. Could it be the fault of the painter or not. I would not want him to be maltreated and later find out that he was innocent. That would haunt me much. To me it is better I let him go even if he was at fault.
There were a lot of suggestions of where to take the car to. Hitherto, I had always gone to Kia Service Center for maintenance. I only decided to patronize road side due to seemingly price difference of painting.
Fast forward I decided to take the car to Kia. I only told them that the car was having 'hard starting'.
They took it to the workshop and came out that it was the brain box.
I made up my plan to arrest the painter. At the same time, truly, I made a plan to take it outside for repairs which I believed would be cheaper.
While I was discussing with someone inside the workshop, their maintenance manager, he looks Indian, suspected something and walked up to me. The guy I was discussing with immediately walked away. We dey plan to do job for corner.
He asked what the problem of the car was ,which I told him. Thereafter he said he would call South Korea to know if the car had warranty. He promised to call me later in the day.
Later same day he called to say he had ordered for the brain box and when it arrived he would call me to send the car.
Fast forward to Thursday evening my phone rang and it was the manager. He said I could bring the car as the the ordered part had been received.
The next day, being Friday, I took the car with fear of not being able to foot the bill of service cost to the Service Centre. The part was replaced and car given back to me at no cost.
I was told that if anyone had tampered with the system, it would have ruined my chance of benefitting from the warranty cover.
I learnt sometimes it is way cheaper and less stressful patronizing authorized dealers.
Meanwhile one 'sharp guy' wanted to obtain me not knowing that the Manager had told me it was for free.
I thank God the painter was not manhandled. It would have haunted my conscience.
Sometimes it is good we maintain self control even if the situation looks so irredeemable.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Kia Service Centre Port Harcourt. by imiski(m): 11:03am On Dec 14, 2019
So who caused the problem?
Re: My Experience At Kia Service Centre Port Harcourt. by chrisxxx(m): 11:28am On Dec 14, 2019
imiski:
So who caused the problem?
I don't just know. It was after the painting the fault started. I never told Kia the long story. I only told them that the car was having hard starting issue.
Re: My Experience At Kia Service Centre Port Harcourt. by greatbrian(m): 11:32am On Dec 14, 2019
The car had warranty I guess... Nice one op but how much was the total cost of the brand new kia when you got it
Re: My Experience At Kia Service Centre Port Harcourt. by chrisxxx(m): 11:35am On Dec 14, 2019
greatbrian:
The car had warranty I guess... Nice one op but how much was the total cost of the brand new kia when you got it
Re: My Experience At Kia Service Centre Port Harcourt. by imiski(m): 11:40am On Dec 14, 2019
chrisxxx:

I don't just know. It was after the painting the fault started. I never told Kia the long story. I only told them that the car was having hard starting issue.
okay because that was what interested me most

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2010 Toyota Corolla Sport First Body Paint - 1.8m Slightly Negotiable / Super Clean 2005 Lexus GX470 Naija Used First Body Buy And Drive @N2.8m(SOLD) / The 2016 Lexus Rx 350 Is Something Else!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.