Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

CDGN Lagos Honours Nigerian Movie And Media Practitioners - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CDGN Lagos Honours Nigerian Movie And Media Practitioners (340 Views)

Lagos State CDGN Elects New Executive Officers / Lagos CDGN Elects New Exco / Nigerian Movie Subtitles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CDGN Lagos Honours Nigerian Movie And Media Practitioners by PTVNEWS: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2019
It was a day of glitz, glamour and electrifying excitement away from the usual hustle and bustle, as the family and creative powerhouse of the Nigerian movie industry; Creative Designers Guild of Nigeria (CDGN) stepped out in grand style and gathered together a stunning audience from across the entertainment industry to celebrate yet another successful year with filmmakers and friends.

The talk of the town event dubbed “The New Dawn” which held at No 18 Eric Moore Street, Off Bode Thomas in Surulere, Lagos hosted entertainment practitioners to a fun-filled Year-End Party and award presentations. This event was organized by the Lagos State chapter of the Creative Designers Guild of Nigeria (CDGN) to herald the Christmas festivities and thank filmmakers and media practitioners for their unflinching partnership and support throughout the year.

The end of year party and award presentations which came off on Thursday, December 12, 2019 saw the Chairman, Creative Designers Guild of Nigeria (CDGN) Lagos State Chapter Mrs. Joy Osawaru-Akinyemi played host to a galaxy of dignitaries, producers, directors, captains of industry, entertainers and distinguished media personalities of the make-believe profession for an afternoon of fun, games and fraternizing marked by stunning exhilarating music, exotic continental / African cuisine laced with expensive champagne and an assortment of beverages.

In her opening remark, Mrs. Osawaru-Akinyemi welcomed everyone and expressed her exhilaration to see an event of such happening for the first time at the Lagos state chapter of the guild. She cheerfully expressed that since creativity is the watchword of the guild, it is essential to make sure the guild appreciates hard work and dignity by recognizing every positive effort in their little ways.

“You are all welcome to the first-ever end-of-year and award presentation of this great guild. In any creative organization, people are and will always be our greatest asset. Your abilities and contributions are an important key to the development of our movie industry today. As a believer and crusader of hard work and excellence, I want to congratulate all the award recipients of this occasion and charge you to continue to exhale the core values of the Nigerian film industry.” She affirmed.

Award recipients recognized at the CDGN 2019 maiden edition are veteran Nollywood director, Mr. Andy Amenechi, Businessman and Media guru Olorogun Elkanah Oghenovo Mowarin and other practicing professionals, including President, Association of Movie Producer (AMP), Mr. Ralph Nwadike, Mr. Keppy Ekpenyong- Bassey, former Lagos State Chairman and National Spokesman, Film and Video Producers and Marketers Association of Nigeria (FVPMAN), Barr. Norbert Ajaegbu, Mr. Tony Anih, and Mr. Isaac O. David. These professionals were exclusively honoured as “As a pillar of Nollywood and an inestimable supporter and ally of our guild,” the honour plaques read.

In his acceptance speech, the former President of Screenwriters Guild of Nigerian (SWGN), Mr. Tony Anih, said even though he found light in the guild, he least expected the award. “ I want to thank God for giving me life and the gift of filmmaking. This is actually coming at a point I least expected from an uncommon and most peaceful guild I will like to appreciate my late father and those who in one way or the other influenced and encouraged me to take up filmmaking and writing as a profession.”

Another recipient and veteran frontline production manager/producer, former National President, Association of Movie Production Managers of Nigeria (AMPN) and MD Big Screen Network, Mr. Isaac O. David aka Zicolala, expressed gratitude to God and the CDGN family. “I want to thank God and my family, especially my wife. CDGN is my family and the first guild to have remembered and recognized me. I was part of the writing process of the CDGN constitution. My advice to practitioners is always to try to impact your brothers and partners because you don’t know where we will get to. I will never forget CDGN until I rest. Thank you.”

Veteran actor and Board member National Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB), Mr. Keppy Ekpenyong-Bassey who was also an award recipient thanked the guild for the award. “Thank you for this award. 30 years ago most of us who came into the industry early had that NTA orientation. Nollywood grew because the creators decided to attempt to realize the potentials our industry offered. So we grew; and from then till now we have all been struggling to play catch up because the industry has overtaken us, and in truth, all of us here are struggling to catch up with the pace the industry has attained so far. What we are doing at the Board presently is to make sure we take all the guilds along and try to conduct our media literacy campaign to see how we can collaborate and partner for development. We hope to establish a relationship with your guild and your chapter in particular. I promise you that as long as I sit on that board, anywhere we have an activity I will make sure this guild is fully represented.”

The delighted CDGN Lagos State Chapter Chairman of Nollywood creative powerhouse affirmed that from this year, it would be a non-stop tradition for the Lagos State Chapter of the guild to annually appreciate and honour practitioners in the creative industry and the media by extension.

“We started the party with the disguise from member to bring the big surprise to a few deserving practitioners by awarding them and will not a renegade. This is our modest attempt at appreciating the enormous contributions of these great practitioners in the Nigeria film industry. I believe by April 2020, the guild will organize the CDGN Nollywood Fashion & Exhibition Week with the general public in attendance. Thank you to all our members for joining hands to making this event happen with success beyond expectations, and we are waiting for a new appreciative 2020 with more and more thought-provoking creative outings.” She stated.

Present at the event includes Ikechukwu Chibuko (Vice Chairman, CDGN Lagos), Dennis Nkem Onyemeluonu, Perekeme Odon, Salome Oputa (Treasurer CDGN Lagos), Leo Omoseebi (National PRO CDGN), Otunba Olawale Bello, Lydia Chukwu, Lizzy Ibe, Ebere Ezike, R. Bash Shootz, Uche Obiora (Welfare Officer CDGN Lagos), Blessing Awusi (Fin. Sec. CDGN Lagos), Innocent Abah (Secretary, CDGN Lagos), Sandra Ejikeme, Mrs. Jovita Dennis William, Blessing Chikeruba Elumeze and members of the press.

(1) (Reply)

Poor Watery Soup Allegedly Served To Inmate In Kaduna Prison / Top Movies For May 2020 (watch Out) / Are You A Fan Of Horror Movies? Bet You Can't Watch This Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.