Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Chelsea FC: Frank Arnesen Resigns - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea FC: Frank Arnesen Resigns (601 Views)

Shocking!!! Frank Lampard Evicts 100-year Old Great--granny Of His Children / Eden Hazard To Chelsea FC? / Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea FC: Frank Arnesen Resigns by tayoast(m): 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2010
[size=20pt]ARNESEN RESIGNS[/size]
Posted on: Sat 27 Nov 2010

Chelsea Football Club can confirm that Frank Arnesen has resigned from his position of sporting director effective at the end of this season.‪

In tendering his resignation Frank said, 'It has been a privilege and an honour for me to work for such a big club with so many great people.

'After six wonderful years I have decided to seek a new challenge when my contract expires at the end of this season.'

'It has been a tremendous journey and I would like to thank everyone at Chelsea, especially Roman [Abramovich], for giving me the incredible opportunity to help build on the club's Academy and youth system along with our greatly talented academy and scouting staff.

'We are now seeing the fruits of that labour as our stated aim was to get one player from the Academy into the first team each year from 2010. We have a great crop of young players now coming through, and I feel it's the right time for me to start looking towards a new challenge.

'The past two years I've worked more closely with the first team as sporting director, and it has been a joy to work alongside Carlo Ancelotti and this exceptionally talented squad and staff.

'It is always difficult to take big decisions like this, but it is entirely my decision. I'm looking forward to continuing my work here until such time as the club decides which way they want to move forward. With that in mind I wanted to make the decision now, giving the club plenty of time to make the necessary plans for the end of the season. I will always be grateful to the club and Chelsea will always be in my heart.

'Chelsea FC chairman Bruce Buck said, 'Frank has spoken to me several times over the past year with regards to seeking new challenges, so his decision comes as no surprise to us. Frank has done an exceptional job here at Chelsea over the last six years and the incredibly strong Academy and youth system Frank leaves behind him is a fitting tribute to his time at Chelsea. We do appreciate that he has given us plenty of notice which gives us time to consider whether and how we restructure the football department.

'Frank has told us he has thoroughly enjoyed his time at Chelsea and we've thoroughly enjoyed having him. On behalf of everyone at the club I thank him for all his efforts and wish him well as he considers his next football challenge.'

[url=http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2231696,00.html]ChelseaFC.com[/url]
Re: Chelsea FC: Frank Arnesen Resigns by temmytanny(m): 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2010
Things are getting messier in Cheski. Carlo maybe next to resign
Re: Chelsea FC: Frank Arnesen Resigns by tayoast(m): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2010
something's not right
Re: Chelsea FC: Frank Arnesen Resigns by temmytanny(m): 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2010
Even though i aint a cheski fan, i feel for them. I guess ROMAN has hands in some of these happenings
Re: Chelsea FC: Frank Arnesen Resigns by 1025: 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2010
Even though i aint a cheski fan, i feel for them. I guess ROMAN has hands in some of these happenings

@temmytanny,
the name of the owner of chelsea fc is roman ibrahimovic so tell me what a miserable nigerian like you will be doing feeling for a comfortable man like roman. who exactly are u feeling for? no matter how a cow purge reach, do u think the cow can come down to the size of a goat?
is it just that internet is there that ppl come online to write things that makes no sense?
if u don't know what to say, u can keep quiet.
Re: Chelsea FC: Frank Arnesen Resigns by tayoast(m): 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2010
^^take it easy, pls

(1) (Reply)

Hodgson Leaves Liverpool Fc / God's Message To Arsene Wenger / Can Chelsea Bit Barca?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.