Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo (35691 Views)

Governor Peter Mbah To Construct Enugu Central Terminal In 12 Months / Pictures Of The Lagos Bus Terminal In Ikeja (Pictures, Video) / Oshodi Transport Interchange, A World Class Terminal In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by ubox: 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2019
Governor Udom Emmanuel has expressed satisfaction with the level of progress on the new international terminal building project at the Victor Attah International Airport, Uyo.

Governor Emmanuel in an unscheduled project inspection visit to the airport on Wednesday, expressed satisfaction at the quality of work done by VKS Construction Company on the project, saying the new terminal will serve as a major gateway to rapid development in the State.

“This is one of the major gateways to our economic development not just for Nigeria, but the entire Africa, and I want to thank the contractors who are quite on schedule because if they miss the schedule they miss our target”.

The State Chief Executive hinted that the state government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) on the Maintenance Repairs and Overhaul(MRO) facility of the International airport, emphasizing that the airport is compared to any international airport in the world.

"This is the only state that is building this kind of international terminal building, no state in the whole of Africa is doing this, look at the quality of airport that we are giving to Nigeria it is comparable to any international airport in the world.

"In terms of facilities our runway is category two, in terms of installations and infrastructures and what we are trying to do here, and you know we just signed an MoU on the MRO we are pushing forward”.

Also speaking briefly with Government House Correspondents, the State Commissioner for Special Duties, Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Etteh described Governor Emmanuel as a man of quality and expressed delight in the Governor’s remarks over the pace of work at the new terminal building construction site.

The Commissioner assured the continuous diligence of the Ministry’s technical team in supervising the work to a premium completion.

Hear him: “I am very happy that the Governor is satisfied with what the Ministry and the contractors are doing.

"We are the ones supervising what they are doing there.

"We have the Ministry’s team there, the Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and all classes of technical workers from the Ministry.”

5 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by ubox: 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2019
Probably going to be among the top international terminal building in the country and the hub for Ibom Air Airlines.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by ubox: 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by MrSix: 3:24pm On Dec 14, 2019
Are the people impressed? Anyway, it's better development from him than Ortom. There is no more propaganda for him to use, he is now quiet.

Need USA used laptops?
And you in Lagos or Abuja?

Chat me up with the link in my signature

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Simplyleo: 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2019
Even the people of akwa ibom are impressed. They hold their leaders accountable.

While some clowns are waiting for Buhari to come build theirs for them. undecided

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Simplyleo: 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2019
IDeyNL:

My brother, I tell you. Igbos are attacking their leaders outside the shores and within Nigeria asking them what they have done for their people.

But the issue is with our Yoruba muslims. They hardly hold Yoruba Muslim leaders accountable. I call that cowardice. We only know how to make mouth know newspapers and shout.

Our Alfas and imams are mining skulls of our people, we just look and don't do anything. We need to change.
They are attacking their leaders both within and outside so they can do their job. But why do they prefer being in sw and north instead home where they have forced their leaders to work?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by kettykings: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:
Even the people of akwa ibom are impressed. They hold their leaders accountable.

While some clowns are waiting for Buhari to come build theirs for them. undecided
Any people waiting for Buhari to build airport for them must be lazy.

Imo airport was built by igbos, ebonyi airport is being built by ebonyi, Abia is planning their own airport. How many airports has south west Built without federal assistance

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by kettykings: 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:

They are attacking their leaders both within and outside so they can do their job. But why do they prefer being in sw and north instead home where they have forced their leaders to work?

Because Nigeria is running a flawed federalism where all the amenities are located in the capital while states go cap in hand to get allocations.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by IDeyNL: 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:

I was in the East recently and saw a lot of our Yoruba brothers and sister living happily. Also, any ipobians are doing business and living life in their SE region.

These Ipobians are not only in SW and north, they are also in many other countries. The same way Chinese, Indians and Europeans are in Lagos doing business, these Igbos are also taking advantage of business opportunities like their foreign counterparts . Our Yoruba leasders need to stop this agbero menace in our region, also our skull mining activities.

The best is for us to split this country so that we can chase these Igbos away.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Simplyleo: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2019
IDeyNL:

I was in the East recently and saw a lot of our Yoruba brothers and sister living happily. Also, any ipobians are doing business and living life in their SE region.

These Ipobians are not only in SW and north, they are also in many other countries. The same way Chinese, Indians and Europeans are in Lagos doing business, these Igbos are also taking advantage of business opportunities like their foreign counterparts . Our Yoruba leasders need to stop this agbero menace in our region, also our skull mining activities.

@ the emboldened, if I have my way, it won't take more than 24 hrs to ensure some people will already be in the need of resident permit and other relevant documents or be treated as illegal immigrants.

So I suggest you passionately beg your leaders to pursue it vigorously cos I and other Nigerians will be very happy about it.

14 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by ubox: 5:08pm On Dec 14, 2019
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by ubox: 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2019
Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Banmeallday: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2019
They are all building quack airports all over the place and giving land to Niger Area army, navy, airforce, police....
Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Designer123: 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2019
I feel irritated when I see Chinese or Caucasians handling our projects. With a population of 200M we dont have qualified engineers to handle projects. Our mumu govt. only tackle importation of goods but don't tackle importation of services.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 14, 2019
Driver needed urgently!!!

Duration: From Dec 19th to Dec 31st. Just for the festive period.
Nice pay plus accomodation.

Interested applicants should contact the number on my signature.
Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by BlackfireX: 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2019
Rubbish airport looking like white elephant project.
Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:

U are not intelligent

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:31pm On Dec 14, 2019
Seen and noted.
Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by calabardick(m): 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
IDeyNL:

j

Isn't this their lucrative biz?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Aidejay(m): 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
Na wa ooh!
Na because of airport na im Dem drag southwest enter thread wey no concern them. Your governor went to look at uncompleteted airport and you are there dancing and saying rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by rottennaija(m): 9:33pm On Dec 14, 2019
kettykings:

Because Nigeria is running a flawed federalism where all the amenities are located in the capital while states go cap in hand to get allocations.

Excuses for incompetence and corruption

Simplyleo:

Nobody is holding anyone accountable in Akwa Ibom State. The state has money, the leaders are making some impression but are also very corrupt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2019
APChit won't like this news..
Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by tonysunkan: 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2019
Good development.
Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2019
IDeyNL:

My brother, I tell you. Igbos are attacking their leaders outside the shores and within Nigeria asking them what they have done for their people.

But the issue is with our Yoruba muslims. They hardly hold Yoruba Muslim leaders accountable. I call that cowardice. We only know how to make mouth know newspapers and shout.

Our Alfas and imams are mining skulls of our people, we just look and don't do anything. We need to change.

You have two problems...

One is the fact that you are Igbo (IPOB extraction )

The second is you are a Christian (reason according to what pastor says)

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Gabflex: 9:35pm On Dec 14, 2019
BlackfireX:
Rubbish airport looking like white elephant project.
which project have you done for your family.
stop saying things that you dont know, u havnt even been to Akwa ibom am sure, if not u wont say nonsense out of ignorance
Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Simplyleo: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:

You have two problems...

One is the fact that you are Igbo (IPOB extraction )

The second is you are a Christian (reason according to what pastor says)
Lol. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by meccuno: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:

@ the emboldened, if I have my way, it won't take more than 24 hrs to ensure some people will already be in the need of resident permit and other relevant documents or be treated as illegal immigrants.

So I suggest you passionately beg your leaders to pursue it vigorously cos I and other Nigerians will be very happy about it.
Lies
Re: Governor Emmanuel Impressed With Progress At Airport Int'l Terminal In Uyo by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2019
Simplyleo:

If you are referring to the Enugu airport,then of course the federal government should build it, it's their property.
Owerri airport was built by the state, the 4th busiest in the country.
South West has 3 airports, Lagos,Ibadan and Akure,they were all built by the FG.
Hypocrisy is a disease.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Dies In Accident Months To His Wedding. Photos / 5 Things You Shouldn’t Wear On An Airplane / A Truck Conveying Goat & Grains Falls In Jos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.