Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Please Suggestions... My Laptop Screen Goes Blank Once In A While - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Please Suggestions... My Laptop Screen Goes Blank Once In A While (468 Views)

Building My Laptop Battery Power Bank / Any Inverter And Solar Setup That Can Carry My Laptop, Standing Fan And One Bulb / How Can I Use My Laptop As A TV, And Also Connect It With Gotv? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Suggestions... My Laptop Screen Goes Blank Once In A While by NevetsIbot(m): 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2019
Recently my laptop screen would switch on and boot properly while only showing black.... Igor to the technicians shop but it was back to normal... It displayed and didn't show the black screen.

After a few weeks, It showed black again but started working properly.

Currently now... It can show black now and display normally in the next minute...then show black and normal screen in split seconds... Like it's flickering.

Anyone know what wrong before I get to the technician and get charged more than normal... I have no idea at all

While the laptop is displaying just black screen... It's still on.. I could legit be watching a movie and still hear the audio output when it goes black... When display comes back up... Na to dey continue dey watch
Re: Please Suggestions... My Laptop Screen Goes Blank Once In A While by surrogatesng: 9:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
Your screen is bad
Re: Please Suggestions... My Laptop Screen Goes Blank Once In A While by Brendaniel: 9:50pm On Dec 15, 2019
NevetsIbot:
Recently my laptop screen would switch on and boot properly while only showing black.... Igor to the technicians shop but it was back to normal... It displayed and didn't show the black screen.

After a few weeks, It showed black again but started working properly.

Currently now... It can show black now and display normally in the next minute...then show black and normal screen in split seconds... Like it's flickering.

Anyone know what wrong before I get to the technician and get charged more than normal... I have no idea at all

While the laptop is displaying just black screen... It's still on.. I could legit be watching a movie and still hear the audio output when it goes black... When display comes back up... Na to dey continue dey watch

From you statement, it has little or nothing to do with your board and from my experience, it is not much of a serious problem( if it is at the early stage), the problem is most likely coming from the connector from your board to the back of your screen.

Another thing you should try and observe is whenever it goes black, switch you your phone torch on and place it directly on your screen, if you can partially see what you were watching before with the light of your phone torch then your screen is bad( if it is a moduless screen), if it is a moduled screen, then the module is bad and the screen is still good.

However if the above is not what you observe with your phone torch, then it's just the connector, if you are a tech kind of person who opens gadgets a lot you can fix that yourself, but if you are not, just jejely carry your system to a professional but let them know you know what is wrong with it, if you need any further information I can help you with that smiley

2 Likes

Re: Please Suggestions... My Laptop Screen Goes Blank Once In A While by NevetsIbot(m): 9:56pm On Dec 15, 2019
Brendaniel:

From you statement, it has little or nothing to do with your board and from my experience, it is not much of a serious problem( if it is at the early stage), the problem is most likely coming from the connector from your board to the back of your screen.

Another thing you should try and observe is whenever it goes black, switch you your phone torch on and place it directly on your screen, if you can partially see what you were watching before with the light of your phone torch then your screen is bad( if it is a moduless screen), if it is a moduled screen, then the module is bad and the screen is still good.

However if the above is not what you observe with your phone torch, then it's just the connector, if you are a tech kind of person who opens gadgets a lot you can fix that yourself, but if you are not, just jejely carry your system to a professional but let them know you know what is wrong with it, if you need any further information I can help you with that smiley

I don't see anything at all... It's just blank when it goes black.... The lights are still on but it's only showing black.

It displayed this this night

Re: Please Suggestions... My Laptop Screen Goes Blank Once In A While by Brendaniel: 10:22pm On Dec 15, 2019
NevetsIbot:

I don't see anything at all... It's just blank when it goes black.... The lights are still on but it's only showing black.

It's showing that because the system has been shutdown too many time improperly, it's beginning to affect you hard disk, allow the hard disk to scan and correct all the errors, what you should do for now fin order to protect you hard disk, is to set your power button to shutdown or hibernate once the screen goes blank.

For the black screen, it is the connector, just pray the connector isn't faulty yet, the connector seems to be having partial contacts with its plug pins( either at the plug pins at the back of the screen or the the plug pins at on the board) but most likely it is the plug pins at the back of the screen, i have fixed similar problems in the past, yours seems similar with a particular one i fixed, she brought it back after 2 weeks with the same problem of black screen and coming back up, i then noticed the sticky stuff used to pin the connector at the back of the screen had partially worn out, so even when it is fixed after a while it goes back to start such display, i then had to use white cello-tapes in very strategic positions where it won't pull out easily and that did it( But i didn't charge her any extra fee because i hate a returned work for the same problem smiley )

I wish you could fix it yourself, however i think you need to take it back to the guy and this time watch him do it, he might charge but beg him and don't act like you know much about the problem because he could further damage things without you knowing to make it look bigger to extort you more, I have experienced that when i was a novice too at such, Just take it but watch him.... wink

1 Like

Re: Please Suggestions... My Laptop Screen Goes Blank Once In A While by Brendaniel: 10:27pm On Dec 15, 2019
NevetsIbot:

And also when you say black and the lights are still on, do you mean the screen light or the system lights?
Re: Please Suggestions... My Laptop Screen Goes Blank Once In A While by NevetsIbot(m): 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2019
Brendaniel:

And also when you say black and the lights are still on, do you mean the screen light or the system lights?

I mean the screen light and the system lights are all on.

I wish you were here to help me look at it.. I'm scared of giving just anyone.

It was when I gave the laptop to an engineer so he could fix the power IC or whatever was not making it charge that made all these complications start.

The laptop isn't even displaying the WiFi icon... It's been totally replaced with just the usb tethering icon... Can use wi-fi on it anymore.

It was right after that my screen started this too.. I refrained from going back to him so he wouldn't just destroy it totally
Re: Please Suggestions... My Laptop Screen Goes Blank Once In A While by Brendaniel: 8:08am On Dec 16, 2019
NevetsIbot:

I mean the screen light and the system lights are all on.

I wish you were here to help me look at it.. I'm scared of giving just anyone.

It was when I gave the laptop to an engineer so he could fix the power IC or whatever was not making it charge that made all these complications start.

The laptop isn't even displaying the WiFi icon... It's been totally replaced with just the usb tethering icon... Can use wi-fi on it anymore.

It was right after that my screen started this too.. I refrained from going back to him so he wouldn't just destroy it totally

I see, if the screen lights are still coming on then it could be your VGA is going faulty, that can also be fixed but not by you, mostly by a professional because the VGA is on board and very delicate, looks like you have fixed it twice in the past, first was the power IC, second was the screen issue, I still have a feeling the whole problem is coming from the screen connector, the first guy who fixed it might have not coupled the entire system properly especially the connector from the board to the screen and over time it started acting up and the more it stays the more it will get worse till the screen will stop showing totally except if fixed properly.

About your WiFi icon turning to USB tethering, that's a software issue, like i said earlier your system has been shutdown wrongly too many time, it has affected your system's operating system, that scanning you see is actually trying to correct the errors you are seeing on your system, some files might even get missing, anytime it prompts you to scan allow the system scan itself, even if takes 1 hour, if it doesn't restore your system back to a good state, then you might have to use system repair or better still reload it.

But to tell you the truth Bro, your system is beginning to die(slowly) especially the hard disk, once a system begins to scan frequently the hard disk is beginning to die, any measures you take to help your system is only to prolong the life, However the type of help you give it will depend on how long it will still stay for you.

1 Like

Re: Please Suggestions... My Laptop Screen Goes Blank Once In A While by NevetsIbot(m): 8:44am On Dec 16, 2019
Brendaniel:

I see, if the screen lights are still coming on then it could be your VGA is going faulty, that can also be fixed but not by you, mostly by a professional because the VGA is on board and very delicate, looks like you have fixed it twice in the past, first was the power IC, second was the screen issue, I still have a feeling the whole problem is coming from the screen connector, the first guy who fixed it might have not coupled the entire system properly especially the connector from the board to the screen and over time it started acting up and the more it stays the more it will get worse till the screen will stop showing totally except if fixed properly.

About your WiFi icon turning to USB tethering, that's a software issue, like i said earlier your system has been shutdown wrongly too many time, it has affected your system's operating system, that scanning you see is actually trying to correct the errors you are seeing on your system, some files might even get missing, anytime it prompts you to scan allow the system scan itself, even if takes 1 hour, if it doesn't restore your system back to a good state, then you might have to use system repair or better still reload it.

But to tell you the truth Bro, your system is beginning to die(slowly) especially the hard disk, once a system begins to scan frequently the hard disk is beginning to die, any measures you take to help your system is only to prolong the life, However the type of help you give it will depend on how long it will still stay for you.

Wow boss. You completely diagnosed this laptop without even seeing it.

I used to let my mum use it for her business when I was away then and I'm sure the laptop dies every single time she uses it....until it just goes off before she leaves it alone. I gave her a smaller one for some months now and that one has started another brouhaha.. all program files and data have been deleted somehow..

Guess I'll have to look for the best engineer here and let him do a total repair for the laptop.

I'm grateful for your time boss. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Hacking That Will Blow Your Mind. / The Perfect Pre-installed Elementor Pro Hosting Solution / Pls Can 5000 Watts Stabilizer Effectively Power A 3hp Standing A/c?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.