Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

How To Gain Insights For The Success Of Your Business From Your Google Listing - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Gain Insights For The Success Of Your Business From Your Google Listing (444 Views)

How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) / CBN To Hold Tweet Meet To Discuss Sustaining Success Of Reccession Exit / 4 Ways To Protect Your Online Business From Credit Card Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Gain Insights For The Success Of Your Business From Your Google Listing by SatoshiPips(m): 9:45am On Dec 15, 2019
1) WHAT ARE GOOGLE MY BUSINESS INSIGHTS?

2) HOW CAN THEY HELP MY BUSINESS?

3) HOW DO I ACCESS AND USE INSIGHTS FROM MY GOOGLE MY BUSINESS LISTING?

Insights might include what your customers’ motivations are, why they give you business over your competitors, what they’re interested in, where they’re from, and more.

By analyzing these insights, you can improve your business and marketing so they work harder for your potential and current customers – like helping them find you, answering their questions, refining your offerings, etc.

Fortunately, Google My Business listings come with a helpful tool called Insights. It shows you how people found your listing, where they discovered it, and what actions they took once they saw your listing.

LISTEN UP

If you don’t have a Google My Business listing yet, you can set one up at google.com/business.

Once you have a listing up and verified, access Insights by clicking “View Insights.” (If you have multiple listings, first choose which one you want to learn about.)

You will see several sections, including: WHERE CUSTOMERS FIND YOU ON GOOGLE, HOW CUSTOMERS FIND YOUR LISTING, CUSTOMER ACTIONS, DRIVING DIRECTIONS, PHOTOS, AND PHONE CALLS.

These sections can help you understand how people are interacting with your listing, which can lead to ideas on ways you can improve your website, ad campaigns, social media channels, email marketing, SEO, and so forth.

The HOW CUSTOMERS FIND YOUR LISTING sections give you insights into how people find your listing.

Where Customers Find You on Google tells you whether people found you on Google Search or Google Maps, and also tracks the number of times people viewed your business information on these platforms.

In HOW CUSTOMERS FIND YOUR LISTING, you can see how many people found you via “direct” searches (using your exact business name or address to find you) or “discovery” searches (looking for your category or type of product/service).

This can help your marketing strategy. If your percentage of “direct” searches is low, you might work on marketing your brand. If the percentage of “discovery” searches is low, you might promote your products and services.

The Customer Actions section tracks how many times people took certain actions when they viewed your listing.

Actions can include visiting your website, requesting directions to your business, calling you, and viewing your business photos.

You can even see how many people took a certain action on a particular day (going back up to 90 days). So, if you’re a florist, for example, you could check how many people visited your website a week before Valentine’s Day.

You can get a deeper dive into certain actions in the Photos and Phone Calls sections.

In Photos, you can see how often your business listing’s photos are viewed compared to photos from stores similar to yours. This can help you refine and improve the type of photos you post.

Phone Calls can tell you how often people called your business directly from your listing, and when they did it. You can see which days these calls were made, and what time of day people are most likely to call you.

Lastly, the Driving Directions section can give you more information about the people who ask for directions to your business.

Once Google has enough data from your business listing, you can click the “Request directions” box under Customer Actions. This feature tracks the number of clicks on driving directions in Google Search, Maps, and Maps for Mobile.

Even better, you’ll get a map of the areas that people are coming to your business from. This will help you assess whether your online marketing is reaching your target audience or if you might be missing important geographic areas.

This can spark ideas on what you could improve, like adding more information about your location on your website, trying targeted ads via AdWords Express, or updating your Google My Business delivery or service area.

For example, let’s say you notice certain areas generate a lot of driving directions requests. You might create targeted ads for these neighborhoods, using custom calls to action (CTAs): “East Side residents get 10% off.”

Next, you might experiment with running ads that target neighborhoods that don’t seem to be generating a lot of driving direction requests so you can drum up more business in those areas.

2 Likes

Re: How To Gain Insights For The Success Of Your Business From Your Google Listing by dawnomike(m): 10:12am On Dec 15, 2019
Thanks for the enlightenment...

1 Like

Re: How To Gain Insights For The Success Of Your Business From Your Google Listing by SatoshiPips(m): 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2019
dawnomike:
Thanks for the enlightenment...
you are most welcome
Re: How To Gain Insights For The Success Of Your Business From Your Google Listing by AlphaSoul: 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2021
SatoshiPips:

1) WHAT ARE GOOGLE MY BUSINESS INSIGHTS?

2) HOW CAN THEY HELP MY BUSINESS?

3) HOW DO I ACCESS AND USE INSIGHTS FROM MY GOOGLE MY BUSINESS LISTING?

Insights might include what your customers’ motivations are, why they give you business over your competitors, what they’re interested in, where they’re from, and more.

By analyzing these insights, you can improve your business and marketing so they work harder for your potential and current customers – like helping them find you, answering their questions, refining your offerings, etc.

Fortunately, Google My Business listings come with a helpful tool called Insights. It shows you how people found your listing, where they discovered it, and what actions they took once they saw your listing.

LISTEN UP

If you don’t have a Google My Business listing yet, you can set one up at google.com/business.

Once you have a listing up and verified, access Insights by clicking “View Insights.” (If you have multiple listings, first choose which one you want to learn about.)

You will see several sections, including: WHERE CUSTOMERS FIND YOU ON GOOGLE, HOW CUSTOMERS FIND YOUR LISTING, CUSTOMER ACTIONS, DRIVING DIRECTIONS, PHOTOS, AND PHONE CALLS.

These sections can help you understand how people are interacting with your listing, which can lead to ideas on ways you can improve your website, ad campaigns, social media channels, email marketing, SEO, and so forth.

The HOW CUSTOMERS FIND YOUR LISTING sections give you insights into how people find your listing.

Where Customers Find You on Google tells you whether people found you on Google Search or Google Maps, and also tracks the number of times people viewed your business information on these platforms.

In HOW CUSTOMERS FIND YOUR LISTING, you can see how many people found you via “direct” searches (using your exact business name or address to find you) or “discovery” searches (looking for your category or type of product/service).

This can help your marketing strategy. If your percentage of “direct” searches is low, you might work on marketing your brand. If the percentage of “discovery” searches is low, you might promote your products and services.

The Customer Actions section tracks how many times people took certain actions when they viewed your listing.

Actions can include visiting your website, requesting directions to your business, calling you, and viewing your business photos.

You can even see how many people took a certain action on a particular day (going back up to 90 days). So, if you’re a florist, for example, you could check how many people visited your website a week before Valentine’s Day.

You can get a deeper dive into certain actions in the Photos and Phone Calls sections.

In Photos, you can see how often your business listing’s photos are viewed compared to photos from stores similar to yours. This can help you refine and improve the type of photos you post.

Phone Calls can tell you how often people called your business directly from your listing, and when they did it. You can see which days these calls were made, and what time of day people are most likely to call you.

Lastly, the Driving Directions section can give you more information about the people who ask for directions to your business.

Once Google has enough data from your business listing, you can click the “Request directions” box under Customer Actions. This feature tracks the number of clicks on driving directions in Google Search, Maps, and Maps for Mobile.

Even better, you’ll get a map of the areas that people are coming to your business from. This will help you assess whether your online marketing is reaching your target audience or if you might be missing important geographic areas.

This can spark ideas on what you could improve, like adding more information about your location on your website, trying targeted ads via AdWords Express, or updating your Google My Business delivery or service area.

For example, let’s say you notice certain areas generate a lot of driving directions requests. You might create targeted ads for these neighborhoods, using custom calls to action (CTAs): “East Side residents get 10% off.”

Next, you might experiment with running ads that target neighborhoods that don’t seem to be generating a lot of driving direction requests so you can drum up more business in those areas.
Word! Robust insights.

(1) (Reply)

Container For Sell 40/20ft / Find Out How To Save More On Freight And Clearance This Season / Need A Trust Worthy Fellow To Travel And Go Shopping On Ur Behalf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.