Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt (3154 Views)

Newly Married Couple Commit Suicide Over Wedding Debt, Blame Guests / Newly Wedded Woman Injects Her Husband With Rat Poison(Graphic Photo) / 16-Year-Old OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Poor Grades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by shakiez893(m): 9:46am On Dec 15, 2019
News
Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt
December 15, 2019 Jupitagist 0 Comments
A twitter user identified as Tola reported saying a a newly wedded couple have committed suicide due to unpaid wedding debt.

She added that bride committed the suicidal act three days after the wedding and the groom drank sniper and died on the seventh day.

Tola tweeted

“A lady was indebted after wedding and killed herself after 3 days, the husband drank sniper too and he’s dead now. Today makes it 7 days after wedding. I’m still in shock!!! Come and see shouts here o. For the first time this year, I had tears in my eyes I’ve never believed it until what I saw this night. It was really a terrible scene, wife still dey mortuary sef”
Source: https://jupitagist.net/2019/12/15/newly-wedded-couple-commit-suicide-over-unpaid-wedding-debt
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by Simplyleo: 9:50am On Dec 15, 2019
I still blame Buhari though.

If athifku had won the election, this wouldn't have happened. undecided
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by thorpido(m): 10:10am On Dec 15, 2019
Such a sad case.
There should be a law that forbids borrowing for a wedding.
Just cut your coat according to your size.
People will talk but your life will go on.

3 Likes

Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by dawnomike(m): 10:11am On Dec 15, 2019
It is well...May their souls rest in peace
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by ghettokid1(m): 10:20am On Dec 15, 2019
May their mumu souls rest in pieces.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by Randy100: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2019
Buhari read this news and left Nigeria to Egypt.
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by Xisnin(m): 11:24am On Dec 15, 2019
Fake news.
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2019
How can somebody borrow money to do wedding. ..... As for me any wedding expenses that takes more than my savings for one year is a no.

1 Like

Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by losky83: 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2019
ghettokid1:
May their mumu souls rest in pieces.
No matter the act,do not call any soul mumu.the individual may have acted unwisely but do not call their souls mumu.beg God for forgiveness and stop making comments you do not understand just because u think its funny.may their souls rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2019
Too bad
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by Chanchit: 3:57pm On Dec 15, 2019
The narrator said she had tears in her eye for the first time this year. On Top people weh bite more than they can chew? Abi na by force to do elaborate wedding ni.
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by Sima04: 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2019
losky83:
No matter the act,do not call any soul mumu.the individual may have acted unwisely but do not call their souls mumu.beg God for forgiveness and stop making comments you do not understand just because u think its funny.may their souls rest in peace.

well d issue here is dat dia souls will have no rest cos dey committed suicide which is a capital and unforgivable sin
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by realstars: 7:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
Maybe they where expecting mass turnout, and plenty envelope in returns,.
The deal is give and it will be given unto you, you do for me, I do for you,
You can't borrow to pay after the show if you are not a giver, you will not be given,
R I p to them.
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 15, 2019
The kinda wedding am looking at...

Go to church service.
Take wedding pics
Off to my reception venue which will be my house probably hire some canopies...
Eat and merry....
Every1 goes home..

I cnt come n kill my self
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by coldFLARES1(m): 8:37pm On Dec 15, 2019
Chanchit:
The narrator said she had tears in her eye for the first time this year. On Top people weh bite more than they can chew? Abi na by force to do elaborate wedding ni.
May God rest their souls. But, it has to be stated that debts aren't only incurred to procure elaborate weddings only.

Depending on the ages/financial standing of the intending couple and the level of financial contributions they get from friends and family, they may even find themselves borrowing to get items listed as dowry sef! And this can be compounded by adding parties to it.
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2019
Na wa o ...can't they just go to the registry and get married between two or three witness and then do their owambe when they are buoyant.

1 Like

Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by danny56: 8:57pm On Dec 15, 2019
The cutting of clothe is actually according to your clothes not your size. Lesson to others... Stop impressing people who don't care!
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by losky83: 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2019
Sima04:

well d issue here is dat dia souls will have no rest cos dey committed suicide which is a capital and unforgivable sin
leave that for God to decide.
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by Ancecoker(m): 9:15pm On Dec 15, 2019
shakiez893:

News
Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt
December 15, 2019 Jupitagist 0 Comments
A twitter user identified as Tola reported saying a a newly wedded couple have committed suicide due to unpaid wedding debt.

She added that bride committed the suicidal act three days after the wedding and the groom drank sniper and died on the seventh day.

Tola tweeted

“A lady was indebted after wedding and killed herself after 3 days, the husband drank sniper too and he’s dead now. Today makes it 7 days after wedding. I’m still in shock!!! Come and see shouts here o. For the first time this year, I had tears in my eyes I’ve never believed it until what I saw this night. It was really a terrible scene, wife still dey mortuary sef”
Source: https://jupitagist.net/2019/12/15/newly-wedded-couple-commit-suicide-over-unpaid-wedding-debt

This one is too strong o tongue
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by Daddy46: 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2019
The rate in which people die in this country is too much ooooo lemme get my passport and dust my feet
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by EXOUSIAng: 12:35am On Dec 16, 2019
Its good they are gone, two less stupid people on the earth.....
Any man who kills himself is not fit to be called a man, but a weakling....
There were the perfect couple anyways, two weak people.
Thank God they didnt bring any children into the world before they killed themselves.
PS. I dont wish them rest
Re: Newly Wedded Couple Commit Suicide Over Unpaid Wedding Debt by EXOUSIAng: 12:41am On Dec 16, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
The kinda wedding am looking at...

Go to church service.
Take wedding pics
Off to my reception venue which will be my house probably hire some canopies...
Eat and merry....
Every1 goes home..

I cnt come n kill my self
Thats even a big one for me.....
pastor comes to my house and joins us, reception follows in my living room, only very close friends and family invited.
i wilk send bulk sms to notify everyone else that we are married a week after.....
my elder bro is still paying for his 4th of August 2018 wedding till now and its almost 2020.
PS: i can afford a big wedding but i dont see the need.

(1) (Reply)

U.I. Student Crushed To Death By Heavy Factory Machine / Man To Be Killed Today, Richard. See Details / BREAKING: Fulani Herdsman Caught R*p!ng Teenager In Ekpoma [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.