Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

School Na Scam!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Na Scam!!! (2664 Views)

A Nairalander's Perspective On "School Na Scam" / SCHOOL NA SCAM By Livingstone Imonitie / School Na Scam, When They Never Had The Education! Please Solve This (mr Shape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Na Scam!!! by Amah001(f): 11:41am On Dec 15, 2019
"School na scam" is the latest slang, ain't it? Well, the slang obviously strike chords with some people with certain reasons ranging from the quest to get rich quick to depressing situations experienced in Nigerian universities.
The truth is, obtaining a formal education isn't a guarantee to wealth and luxurious life. In fact, education isn't compulsory but the sneak peek is that education is very much necessary. Today, you may join the bandwagon of ''school na scam'' because the illiterate Emeka in the neighborhood travelled to Malaysia and returned with exotic cars but trust me, there's no reason to regret the four years you've spent in the uni.
Formal education gives a sense of self fulfilment, granting you access to opportunities in future. You may feel like an underachiever today but trust me, you won't regret your decision in future. Yes! Money is important but are you aware that most people dropped out of school and went ahead to engage in various businesses but they aren't yet successful as they envisaged?
My advice is, acquire your certificate first. You may take any other step after that. Don't allow dullards cajole you into believing that school is a massive scam. School isn't scam. Illiteracy is the real scam.
STAY IN SCHOOL, KIDS.
** creativenaijagirl**

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Na Scam!!! by aminusodiq(m): 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2019
Its better u have a certificate you dont need than to need a certificate you dont have!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Na Scam!!! by feldido(m): 1:21pm On Dec 15, 2019
School na Scam for Nigeria honestly... Why do you have to go to the university when your O'level can make you a president? Most people go to the university cos everyone else is attending. Even the Educational system is getting worse by the day, Most Universities are glorified Secondary schools with Ancient Curriculums and archaic Lecturers who refused to improve in their teaching methodology thereby producing educated illiterates.

To me, Basic education and a Skill set is all one need to survive in this country.

7 Likes

Re: School Na Scam!!! by Amah001(f): 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2019
Like I said earlier, certificate doesn't guarantee wealth, rather you're assured a self fulfilled life and envisioned opportunities. Our educational system in Nigeria might be poor but that's definitely a different ball game till the topic comes up. An O'level holder might be president today but that doesn't degrade PHD and M.sc holders. In as much as Nigeria is in poor state, you might still need your degrees someday. It might not even be in Nigeria. Stay in school

2 Likes

Re: School Na Scam!!! by Maj196(m): 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2019
OP why you con resemble bobrisky like thisshocked
Re: School Na Scam!!! by dopedan(m): 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2019
Amah001:
Like I said earlier, certificate doesn't guarantee wealth, rather you're assured a self fulfilled life and envisioned opportunities. Our educational system in Nigeria might be poor but that's definitely a different ball game till the topic comes up. An O'level holder might be president today but that doesn't degrade PHD and M.sc holders. In as much as Nigeria is in poor state, you might still need your degrees someday. It might not even be in Nigeria. Stay in school
fulfilled what? Do you know how many graduates are jobless if they had a chance to trade their cert for all the money they spent in school they will do it, people wey no go school dey build hospitals and employ doctors u are here talking crap

5 Likes

Re: School Na Scam!!! by arinzos(m): 5:46pm On Dec 15, 2019
dopedan:
fulfilled what? Do you know how many graduates are jobless if they had a chance to trade their cert for all the money they spent in school they will do it, people wey no go school dey build hospitals and employ doctors u are here talking crap
Stop deceiving People.
School na Scam but Most of you are Either graduates/Undergraduate/Aspirants.
Like the OP said,Go to School if you Have the Means.
Formal Education is Just a Means to an End(Money). We have other Means.
We all cannot be Entrepreneurs,Some Are good CEO etal.....

Last Last,just do what Makes you Happy.
Re: School Na Scam!!! by iTearHerToto: 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2019
Just get your child to go to an excellent primary and secondary school and watch your dreams come through. Higher education in Zoogeria is as fake as Bobrisky's booobs

Pukesangry

1 Like

Re: School Na Scam!!! by Semtu(m): 8:00pm On Dec 15, 2019
dopedan:

School na scam abi?

Then you better don't send your child to school, nonsense ingredient.

1 Like

Re: School Na Scam!!! by dopedan(m): 8:40pm On Dec 15, 2019
Semtu:

School na scam abi?

Then you better don't send your child to school, nonsense ingredient.
if they told u to send your child to school for five years and after graduation he will be carrying cv up and down like a mad man maybe gets a job of 20k from which he will pay tp everyday will u waste ur money sending him to school? You people just add to the problem of Nigeria raising children to be average.. If Mark Zuckerberg had graduated from this overhyped school do u think he will be a billionaire or earning salary like the average person ?

1 Like

Re: School Na Scam!!! by Amah001(f): 8:52pm On Dec 15, 2019
dopedan:

You may call it crap out of frustration but when you come in contact with many out of school kids who are willing to switch places with you just to see what the walls of a school looks like, you'll learn to count your blessings. Besides, you're entitled to your opinions so am I. You can pass your message without being rude. Besides, I clearly stated it that education isn't a criteria to becoming wealthy. So if you think obtaining education isn't an accomplished mission, you might as well burn your certificate.

1 Like

Re: School Na Scam!!! by Amah001(f): 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2019
Maj196:
OP why you con resemble bobrisky like thisshocked

Take your dry jokes to Facebook please

1 Like

Re: School Na Scam!!! by Amah001(f): 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2019
iTearHerToto:
Just get your child to go to an excellent primary and secondary school and watch your dreams come through. Higher education in Zoogeria is as fake as Bobrisky's booobs

Pukesangry

Easy please grin
Re: School Na Scam!!! by dopedan(m): 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2019
Amah001:

You may call it crap out of frustration but when you come in contact with many out of school kids who are willing to switch places with you just to see what the walls of a school looks like, you'll learn to count your blessings. Besides, you're entitled to your opinions so am I. You can pass your message without being rude. Besides, I clearly stated it that education isn't a criteria to becoming wealthy. So if you think obtaining education isn't an accomplished mission, you might as well burn your certificate.
sorry if u think im rude, if education is not a criteria to become wealthy then why do you want to go to school? To become educated and poor? Ppl go to school in d hope of getting a job and becoming rich then we realize that's not how things work we all make that mistake nigeria is messed up tell young ones the truth, i see them paying praying and crying for admission their parents won't tell them the truth so they can make their choice weda to school or do something else with their life, certificate in nig is overhyped u keep forgetting all that glitters is not gold, 5 years no b beans plus that useless nysc smh

2 Likes

Re: School Na Scam!!! by Maj196(m): 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2019
Amah001:

Take your dry jokes to Facebook please
No na here I go put am
Re: School Na Scam!!! by tobby20: 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2019
Amah001:
You talk like a rich madam
Re: School Na Scam!!! by imiski(m): 10:46am On Dec 16, 2019
The problem is our mindset we should go to school to gain knowledge not certificate.

1 Like

Re: School Na Scam!!! by Amah001(f): 11:34am On Dec 16, 2019
Rilley:
Why are you hiding your ugly face with filter Smh

Bitter humans everywhere. Have you taken your antidepressants today? grin Don't worry, God will save you from all distress. tongue
Re: School Na Scam!!! by Semtu(m): 3:09pm On Dec 16, 2019
dopedan:
if they told u to send your child to school for five years and after graduation he will be carrying cv up and down like a mad man maybe gets a job of 20k from which he will pay tp everyday will u waste ur money sending him to school? You people just add to the problem of Nigeria raising children to be average.. If Mark Zuckerberg had graduated from this overhyped school do u think he will be a billionaire or earning salary like the average person ?

You are just saying rubbish.

I made a simple statement... Since school na scam, as said by you.

You better don't send your kids to school, let them turn out as illiterates and see how successful they'll end up becoming.
Re: School Na Scam!!! by dopedan(m): 10:25pm On Dec 16, 2019
Semtu:

You are just saying rubbish.

I made a simple statement... Since school na scam, as said by you.

You better don't send your kids to school, let them turn out as illiterates and see how successful they'll end up becoming.
define what you mean by illiteracy
Re: School Na Scam!!! by Semtu(m): 7:07am On Dec 17, 2019
dopedan:
define what you mean by illiteracy

You have your dictionary at your disposal.

Provide a reasonable answer to my statements and stop beating around the Bush.
Re: School Na Scam!!! by dopedan(m): 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
Semtu:

You have your dictionary at your disposal.

Provide a reasonable answer to my statements and stop beating around the Bush.

we all know what it means, not going to tertiary institution doesn't make u an illiterate so what are you saying

(1) (Reply)

Osun State Polytechnic Iree / Polytechnic Ibadan Admission List 2013/2014 Is Out / Veil Banned In FUNAAB University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.