Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,522 members, 7,850,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:05 AM

The Regime, The General, And The Innocents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Regime, The General, And The Innocents (280 Views)

The Regime Of General Sani Abacha / Revelations By International Observers On The Conduct Of The General Election / Postponement Of The General Elections Is A Great Disappointment – Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Regime, The General, And The Innocents by raybaba97(m): 8:58pm On Dec 15, 2019
To say that it has been a long time coming is an understatement of the century. Any personality that examines the Buhari regime from its inception without a monocle of greed and bias will say his actions are not a surprise. Major General Mohammadu Buhari (retd.) made a lot of promises before and immediately after his election, where are they now? For those who were engaged in packaging the tyrant as the next best thing since sliced bread, it is head-scratching to imagine how thoroughly they were misled. The greatest joke of this decade was not made on the scene of a comedy hall but on the stage called Nigeria and in the auditorium called the hallowed halls of Aso Rock. The sheer strategy, deception, and financing that went into putting Major General Buhari on his throne seem now like a great mistake.

"From the frying pan to fire"

Not even these words do justice to the enormity of the task ahead. For the majority of the Buhari supporters with a brain (of which I used to be one), the reality has fully set in. We successfully ushered out one set of looters, only to get an even worse bunch but this time, we voted for them. I could speak all day about the various constitutional violations of the Buhari regime, but I won't. Not because I can't list them, but because they are simply too many to type within my lifetime.

Of the numerous political personalities that ushered in this order of impunity and human rights violations, none carry the weight of blame as much as Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. With the return to a civilian government in 1999, the expectation was for the new government to rule as civilians do. A lot of the crimes we today accuse General Buhari of had their roots laid down in Chief Olusegun Obasanjo's government. From the arbitrary arrests of protesters to extrajudicial murders. Obasanjo started it, Jonathan expanded upon it, and now Buhari revels in it.

There are a lot of things to be angry about and even more to be sad about, but unless we band together to exert our collective will on this regime, Nigerians will continue to live at the wills of these tyrants.

Let us make General Buhari choke on Sowore until he has no choice but to either resign due to incompetence or be forced out of Aso Rock by us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Regime, The General, And The Innocents by healthserve(m): 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2019
I lend my support to this article. But then, we told you all

1 Like

Re: The Regime, The General, And The Innocents by Subduer: 9:22pm On Dec 15, 2019
Sowore INSTALLED Buhari, let them stew for a while in their own juice.

1 Like

Re: The Regime, The General, And The Innocents by raybaba97(m): 9:29pm On Dec 15, 2019
Subduer:
Sowore INSTALLED Buhari, let them stew for a while in their own juice.
This is wrong in a lot of ways, but that isn't the point.

The point is that the Sowore phenomenon was simply one too many violations of the constitution for most people are comfortable with. Invading a court of law is not something that should be done in any civilized society.

From the very moment, Sowore was arrested, I had been telling my friends that this will be the issue that will choke Buhari out of office. It was a flagrant abuse of the constitutionally guaranteed right to association, speech, thought, and protest.
Re: The Regime, The General, And The Innocents by imiski(m): 9:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
My brother the sad truth is, Nigerians activism only end online, ordinary police-with due respect to the institution-we can't demand our rights, then is it the president that we can demand accountability from?
Re: The Regime, The General, And The Innocents by raybaba97(m): 9:39pm On Dec 15, 2019
imiski:
My brother the sad truth is, Nigerians activism only end online, ordinary police-with due respect to the institution-we can't demand our rights, then is it the president that we can demand accountability from?

That's because of our youths. General Buhari said one thing right during his four year reign, which is that Nigerian youths are Lazy. The laziness is not about making money (Nigerians are the most money-crazed people on the planet, and many of them are willing to work for it), but about taking control of our destiny.

If I were to call for protest today, as long as some earn even #200 per day, they will not join in because they feel it isn't in their interest. Until our people start becoming interested in who governs them and how they are governed, we will forever be slaves.

1 Like

Re: The Regime, The General, And The Innocents by imiski(m): 9:55pm On Dec 15, 2019
raybaba97:

That's because of our youths. General Buhari said one thing right during his four year reign, which is that Nigerian youths are Lazy. The laziness is not about making money (Nigerians are the most money-crazed people on the planet, and many of them are willing to work for it), but about taking control of our destiny.

If I were to call for protest today, as long as some earn even #200 per day, they will not join in because they feel it isn't in their interest. Until our people start becoming interested in who governs them and how they are governed, we will forever be slaves.
Just my point nobody would come to demand for accountable leadership. Rather whats on the front burner is "na our turn to rule"without recourse to good leadership.
Re: The Regime, The General, And The Innocents by raybaba97(m): 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2019
imiski:
Just my point nobody would come to demand for accountable leadership. Rather whats on the front burner is "na our turn to rule"without recourse to good leadership.

I'm trying to emphasize that it is merely the majority. I will and have come out for protests numerous times, both on campus and in the wider world.

The question you should be asking yourself is can you protest for your rights?

Today it isn't you or me, but tomorrow it might be.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Dapo Abiodun And His Inclusive Government / Make A Choice: Executive Leader OR Premier Of The West / BREAKING: 2023 Will Be Tough, No Electoral Malpractices - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.