Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Help Solve This Question Any Engineering Or Physics Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help Solve This Question Any Engineering Or Physics Students (759 Views)

All Physics Students Should See This !!! / Physics Students Pls Help With This Simple Ss1 Assingment.its Urgent / What Is The Hope Of Physics Students After Graduation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Solve This Question Any Engineering Or Physics Students by Ablyz(m): 12:38am On Dec 16, 2019
A body of density 9.0g/cm³ appears to have a mass of 27.0g in a liquid of density 1.2g/cm³. what is the volume of the solid
Re: Help Solve This Question Any Engineering Or Physics Students by SmithRussell(m): 6:49am On Dec 16, 2019
I bet when I was in SS3 this would have been a piece of cake; buh in 500 level, I simply have no idea.. And I feel good, as mind keeps telling me that "it ain't physics but chemistry, so yhu don't need to know it" cheesy
Re: Help Solve This Question Any Engineering Or Physics Students by SomeHenro: 7:51am On Dec 16, 2019
Recall: Density = Mass/Vol
Let V= Volume of solid
Therefore mass of solid in air = density × vol = 9×V = 9V
Mass of liquid displaced= mass in air - mass in Liquid
= 9V- 27
But volume of Liquid displaced = Volume of solid
Therefore, 1.2= 9V-27/V
1.2V= 9V-27
9V-1.2V=27
7.8V=27
V= 27/7.8
V= 3.5CM3 = Volume of solid

2 Likes

Re: Help Solve This Question Any Engineering Or Physics Students by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 16, 2019
SomeHenro:
Recall: Density = Mass/Vol
Let V= Volume of solid
Therefore mass of solid in air = density × vol = 9×V = 9V
Mass of liquid displaced= mass in air - mass in Liquid
= 9V- 27
But volume of Liquid displaced = Volume of solid
Therefore, 1.2= 9V-27/V
1.2V= 9V-27
9V-1.2V=27
7.8V=27
V= 27/7.8
V= 3.5CM3 = Volume of solid
WOW, You are a genius I've been trying to help him solve the question for about an hour now, with two physics textbooks, two pen and a long note, still I couldn't solve it. Thanks bro
Re: Help Solve This Question Any Engineering Or Physics Students by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 16, 2019
SmithRussell:
I bet when I was in SS3 this would have been a piece of cake; buh in 500 level, I simply have no idea.. And I feel good, as mind keeps telling me that "it ain't physics but chemistry, so yhu don't need to know it" cheesy
LOL, I was just staring at the question for several minutes, to the extent I had to get 2 physics textbooks, still I wasn't able to solve it ooo. Probably because it's been a long time since I studied the subject, 300L in a very unrelated course again.
Re: Help Solve This Question Any Engineering Or Physics Students by SomeHenro: 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2019
Snowale:
WOW, You are a genius I've been trying to help him solve the question for about an hour now, with two physics textbooks, two pen and a long note, still I couldn't solve it. Thanks bro

You are welcome bro.

(1) (Reply)

The Most Effective Method To Write A Dissertation / SIWES Placement For A Mechanical Engineering Student / Noble Hall Leadership Academy For Girls 2020/2021 Admission Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.