Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,683 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

How US Military Will React If N.K Launches An ICBM Targeting It... - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How US Military Will React If N.K Launches An ICBM Targeting It... (431 Views)

Itel Launches An Amazing Smartphone With An Ultra-clear Camera / Central Bank's Targeting Of P2P Crypto Transactions Forces Startup To Quit Niger / Ladies, How Would You React If A Guy Did This To You? (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How US Military Will React If N.K Launches An ICBM Targeting It... by Awaoyelmoni(m): 5:14am On Dec 16, 2019
What would be the immediate reaction of our military if a long range ballistic missile was launched by North Korea with a trajectory targeting San Francisco?
Going to be a long answer, I’ll walk you through the procedure.

Once satellites detect a launch, a system malfunction check is performed. This is called System Report Verification. Assuming the result is “Green” (no error), the launch would be entered in the NORAD system as a “valid”. The big maps would show an inbound ICBM. NORAD Headquarters is at Peterson AFB in Colorado.

This information is automatically relayed to similar maps at US Strategic Command (USTRATCOM) Headquarters at Offutt AFB in Nebraska and to the National Military Command Center (NMCC) in the Pentagon.

At this point, a siren warns people there is a valid in the system.

The duty officer at NORAD initiates a Preliminary Attack Conference with his counterparts at USSTRATCOM and the NMCC. This is a telephone conference call.

When all three duty officers agree there is an inbound missile, the NORAD duty officer will initiate Emergency Condition (EMERGCON) Air Defense Emergency.

At this point, the duty officer at USSTRATCOM will bring US Strategic Nuclear Forces to DEFCON 3.

The duty officers now call their superiors which would be the Commander of NORAD (COMNORAD), the Commander of USSTRATCOM (COMSTRATCOM), and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS).

These three people would now initiate a telephone conference call which is referred to as Full Attack Conference.

If all three agree an attack is underway, the CJCS will declare Attack Condition Alpha: nuclear attack against the US in progress. COMSTRATCOM orders all strategic nuclear forces to DEFCON 2.

This is the point where the three men include the Secretary of Defense (SECDEF) and the President. Once these two have successfully authenticated themselves, the military will present options

The only realistic option is the execution of OPLAN 8010–19 DPRK, a nuclear strike to take out North Koreas remaining nuclear capability. This would be the only option presented.

Once the SECDEF and President concur with the execution of OPLAN 8010–19 DPRK, COMSTRATCOM orders all strategic nuclear forces to DEFCON 1 while the CJCS orders all other US Forces to DEFCON 1.

This automatically places all NATO troops at General Alert.

By now the duty officer at NORAD has ordered the Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) systems to a state of readiness. Once the North Korean ICBM is within range, the BMD systems will engage, no further authorization is required as these are conventional weapons.

USSTRATCOM formats Emergency Action Messages (EAM) and transmits them to the forces that will strike back.

Over the course of the next 30–40 minutes, North Korea will be hit by exactly 132 nuclear weapons.

The Full Attack Conference is now concluded. The President, the SECDEF and the Joint Chiefs will be evacuated in accordance with current Continuity of Government Plans. At this moment COMSTRATCOM contacts the duty officer of the Russian Strategic Rocket Troops and informs him of the US launch in progress.

By now NATO’s Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) will have contacted the Russian Ministry of Defence to tell them of the attack as well.

That’s about it.
modified cc' Thierry ettienne Joseph Rotty.

1 Like

Re: How US Military Will React If N.K Launches An ICBM Targeting It... by Awaoyelmoni(m): 5:22am On Dec 16, 2019
FTC
I dedicate this to my Rottweiler Quaddafi
To my neighbors darling pup kinky tail
And to Seun you have been instrumental to making this dream of mine a reality thanks from the bottom of me heart

1 Like

Re: How US Military Will React If N.K Launches An ICBM Targeting It... by Godwin2am(m): 6:40am On Dec 16, 2019
this will be the exactly cataclysmic effect of the Chernobyl nuclear . can that 132 ballistic nuclear weapons wipe out North Korea?

Re: How US Military Will React If N.K Launches An ICBM Targeting It... by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
Godwin2am:
this will be the exactly cataclysmic effect of the Chernobyl nuclear . can that 132 ballistic nuclear weapons wipe out North Korea?

not only north korea, even neighboring countries will suffer the effect of the radiation it will release
Re: How US Military Will React If N.K Launches An ICBM Targeting It... by Awaoyelmoni(m): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
Kabir2Mohammad:

not only north korea, even neighboring countries will suffer the effect of the radiation it will release
true countries like China especially. More reason why China needs to prevail on pyeongyang to stop the aggression..

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Add A Download Button To My Site / Cctv Camera Security System Installation / Behold! The Planet That Rains Metals.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.