Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons (852 Views)

Wike Orders Immediate Closure Of International Conference Centre For Renovation / Makinde Donated N100m For Renovation Of Pdp’s PDI, Says Ayu / No Money Was Released For Renovation - Senate Speaks On Leaking Roof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by Enzorazor: 7:53am On Dec 16, 2019
Senate Approves #37bn for Renovation of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Constitution Amendment

The Nigerian senate have approved the whooping sum of #37 billion for the renovation of National Assembly complex.

Also a reliable source in the red chamber, told ngg.ng that there was also an approval of #1 billion for the amendment of the Nigerian Constitution in the 2020 budget.

The N37 billion renovation cash is part of the N2.5trillion capital project provision which is to be carried out by the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA).

Commenting on the #37bn for the Complex renovation, the National Assembly Director of Information, Dr. Rawlings Agada said, he doubts if the money will be enough to complete the renovation works.

Attempt to get more information from Dr Agada on the National Assembly complex renovation proved abortive as he avoided questions but said only the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) can comment on this as it is their responsibility not his.

On Sunday, Attempt by ngg.ng to reach Muhammad M. Bello  Hon. Minister Federal Capital Territory & Chairman Board of FCDA was in vain.

https://ngg.ng/2019/12/16/senate-approves-37bn-for-renovation-of-national-assembly-complex-1bn-for-constitution-amendment/

cc lalasticlala

Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by popsy2(m): 8:03am On Dec 16, 2019
hmm
Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by aolawale025: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2019
And they say there's no money??
Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by odave: 8:07am On Dec 16, 2019
Please o, what if they want to build another one from scratch? And someone says there's no more corruption? I tire o

Send the 37bn to every state (1bn per state) give it out as loan to entrepreneurs, 1m to 1000 person in each state. This will be more beneficial to us but never, they will use 30 million for renovation and embezzle the 36.7bn

I'm sure some nairalanders will support them... Just wait

5 Likes

Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by densiks: 8:20am On Dec 16, 2019
He doubts if the money will be enough for the renovation works

This 37bn was supposed to be a budgetary allocation which should have passed through thorough evaluation from technical experts and relevant stakeholders for the so called renovation.

Of the truth,I strongly believe Nigeria is cursed beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by helinues: 8:23am On Dec 16, 2019
grin

N37bn for renovation, abeg oo if Dem wan build new one afresh, Na how much that go cost oo..

FG is making use of his power by approving /budgeting any amounts for itself

Senators and Lawmakers are using their power to pad budget/allocate any amounts for themselves

Judiciary is also making use of its power by not strong enough to prosecute to who disobeyed court others

While the mumu themselves ( we the masses) use our power to be hailing/voting for those who put us in this mirage.

Nigeria go better soon is an overstatement

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by Solsix(m): 8:39am On Dec 16, 2019
Dr Agada doubt if the 37 billion will be enough for the renovation. This part got me

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by celeiyke: 8:58am On Dec 16, 2019
Saraki rejected 10 billion earlier proposed on the basis it was too high, now they made it 37 billion and passed it. There is God

1 Like

Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by positivelord: 9:29am On Dec 16, 2019
Honestly,I cant see any hope for this con3...what a bunch of thieves..
Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2019
Hehehe when $30B is coming

Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by Racoon(m): 10:10am On Dec 16, 2019
shocked shocked shocked shocked There goes these criminals again? #37B to build a new NASS or renovate? I guess the people that said the Saraki-led Senate is the problem of the Buhari government in the last dispensation are totally wrong as this has proven that they're all the same?

Can Nigeria do away with this Bicameral legislative system? This is really an avenue for waste of national resources.Rochas suggestion is another viable option but will these crooks agree? Meanwhile,
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/constituency-projects-how-senators-reps-steal-billions-icpc.html
Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by Earlystar698(m): 10:15am On Dec 16, 2019
if anybody talk what will happen to the person

Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by chriskosherbal(m): 10:19am On Dec 16, 2019
odave:
Please o, what if they want to build another one from scratch? And someone says there's no more corruption? I tire o

Send the 37bn to every state (1bn per state) give it out as loan to entrepreneurs, 1m to 1000 person in each state. This will be more beneficial to us but never, they will use 30 million for renovation and embezzle the 36.7bn

sincerely the bolded is the part that gets me worried as if they are under a particular curse not to have sense forever.

There are tens of thousands of dilapidating public schools that need total renovation, updated Laboratory, libraries to name but a few and when last did they raised this issue ...

Sincerely I don't know what has become of my darling Country.

Lord have mercy

3 Likes

Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by g0tze: 11:40am On Dec 16, 2019
odave:

Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by yeahh(m): 11:42am On Dec 16, 2019
Nigeria has problems
Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by LibrarianD: 11:47am On Dec 16, 2019
They should better not complain of recession or of Nigeria being broke in 2020.
Re: Senate Approves #37bn For Renovation Of National Assembly Complex, #1bn For Cons by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 18, 2019
They are charging 1B to amend our constitution.

This country sef

(1) (Reply)

Imo State: Ndubisi Emenike Aka Ototonwa, Action Alliance Senatorial Candidate In / Supreme Court Stand Down To Deliver Judgement On IMO Reveiw Case. / COVID-19: Nigeria Heading For Recession – Utomi, Unegbu, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.