Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,329 members, 7,836,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari (898 Views)

Stop Reminding Igbos Of What You Did To Them – HURIWA Tells Buhari / Fani-kayode Sue Punch For 6billion Over Fake Video / Group Bombs Punch For Culture Of Hate Mongering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari by 9jaCritic90: 10:08am On Dec 16, 2019
The Punch newspaper on December, 11 published an article titled “Buhari’s Lawlessness: our stand”
In the first paragraph of the write up the Punch writes:

“As a symbolic demonstration of our protest against autocracy and military-style repression, PUNCH (all our Print newspapers) will henceforth prefix Buhari’s name with his rank as a military dictator in the 80’s, Major General, and refer to his administration as a regime, until they purge themselves of their insufferable contempt for the rule of law”

I, first of all, begin by thanking the Punch for reminding our President what he ought to be. The Punch should note that Nigerians voted Buhari to power for his past antecedents and records as an incorruptible and no-nonsense leader whose first priority is always the National Interest.
Well, informed Nigerians voted Buhari knowing well that he was a tough man who wouldn’t condone rubbish from gangsters and criminals who may want to threaten and destabilise the nation. Nigerians needed a tough man who will crush/repress Boko Haram insurgency which almost overran the northern part of the country.

Nigerian voters needed someone who will instil discipline in Nigerians just the way Buhari dealt with open defecation in Lagos and introduced War Against Indiscipline and Corruption (WAIC) nationwide during his military regime.

Our countrymen thank the Punch for reminding President Buhari that Nigerians needs his military-style of leadership to tackle corruption, insecurity and indiscipline that are prevalent in the country.

Buhari’s resolve to become a true democrat has yielded no or less positive result as far as average Nigerian is concern. Corruption seems to be on the increase likewise Banditry, kidnapping and other forms of criminality all because the man doesn’t want to be seen as a military dictator.
President Buhari needs to be reminded that Nigerians wouldn’t have killed themselves just to vote him to power if they knew that he is going to be democratically weak when he ought to be tough and not an autocrat as being portrayed by the Punch.

If Buhari’s military-style will bring back Nigeria on track by fighting corruption, insecurity and other endemic national problems, Nigerians will vehemently support and welcome that approach wholeheartedly.

In All Saner Climes, National Interest Supersedes All Other Interests

Yusuf Maikasuwa wrote from Kontagora , NIGER STATE.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari by jahsharon: 10:10am On Dec 16, 2019
I voted for Major General Muhammadu Buhari (GMB) but he has messed me up by changing to President Muhammadu Buhari(PMB). If i'd wanted a drunk, weak, incompetent nincompoop, I would ahve voted the drunk ineffectual buffoon from Otuoke Goatluck Jonaddaft. If I'd wanted a looting machine and a corruption filled US fugitive, I would have voted the Cameroonian bisexual whose dicck cannot stay in one pusssy Atikuchukwu Abubakar. But, I wanted a General who would stop Boko Haram occupation of Nigeria's territory and he has done it. He has however disappointed me by trying to be a civilian democrat. A civilian democrat cannot rule Nigeria. Only a soldier can do. So, Major General Muhammadu Buhari should go back to his original sef.

Civilian democrats could not do the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
Civilian democrats could not build Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway
Civilian democrats could not build Oyo-Ogbomoso Expressway
Civilian democrats could not build Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway
Civilian democrats could not rebuild the Apapa-Oshodi-Iyana_Oworo Expressway
Civilian Civilian democrats could not make Nigeria to grow ordinary rice to feed ourselves
Civilian democrats make sure there is fuel scarcity every Christmas

I beg, let the Major General that has done the bove change fully to a dictator. Only a dictator can close the borders without blinking an eye.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari by ClassicMan202(m): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2019
What is this one saying?? ?

Re: Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari by ysani1: 10:45am On Dec 16, 2019
See, at a point in time I thought he will do better but truth be told BUARI has lost it!
how can a government go five years without anything tangible to show for the masses that risked their lives to ensure it comes into power!!
I have given up a longtime ago!!!
Re: Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari by Racoon(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2019
[s]
9jaCritic90:
The Punch newspaper on December, 11 published an article titled “Buhari’s Lawlessness: our stand”
In the first paragraph of the write up the Punch writes:

“As a symbolic demonstration of our protest against autocracy and military-style repression, PUNCH (all our Print newspapers) will henceforth prefix Buhari’s name with his rank as a military dictator in the 80’s, Major General, and refer to his administration as a regime, until they purge themselves of their insufferable contempt for the rule of law”

I, first of all, begin by thanking the Punch for reminding our President what he ought to be. The Punch should note that Nigerians voted Buhari to power for his past antecedents and records as an incorruptible and no-nonsense leader whose first priority is always the National Interest.
Well, informed Nigerians voted Buhari knowing well that he was a tough man who wouldn’t condone rubbish from gangsters and criminals who may want to threaten and destabilise the nation. Nigerians needed a tough man who will crush/repress Boko Haram insurgency which almost overran the northern part of the country.

Nigerian voters needed someone who will instil discipline in Nigerians just the way Buhari dealt with open defecation in Lagos and introduced War Against Indiscipline and Corruption (WAIC) nationwide during his military regime.

Our countrymen thank the Punch for reminding President Buhari that Nigerians needs his military-style of leadership to tackle corruption, insecurity and indiscipline that are prevalent in the country.

Buhari’s resolve to become a true democrat has yielded no or less positive result as far as average Nigerian is concern. Corruption seems to be on the increase likewise Banditry, kidnapping and other forms of criminality all because the man doesn’t want to be seen as a military dictator.

President Buhari needs to be reminded that Nigerians wouldn’t have killed themselves just to vote him to power if they knew that he is going to be democratically weak when he ought to be tough and not an autocrat as being portrayed by the Punch.

If Buhari’s military-style will bring back Nigeria on track by fighting corruption, insecurity and other endemic national problems, Nigerians will vehemently support and welcome that approach wholeheartedly.In All Saner Climes, National Interest Supersedes All Other Interests

Yusuf Maikasuwa wrote from Kontagora-NIGER STATE.
[/s]
This is coming from a brute whose own Niger-State senatorial reps are pre-occupied with social media/hate speech regulation bill while armed bandits have taken over their state under the leadership of the same Maj.Gen.Buhari(Rtd).

This man forgot that the tyrant's impunity and lawlessness he is glorifying here came on board because the rule of law was in place to let him come in.

No nation develops without the rule of law and balance of power between the executive, legislation and judiciary otherwise there will be total anarchy.Maj.Gen.Buhari(Rtd) kicked out a democratic govt in 1983 but how has his jackboot military govt helped Nigeria then and even now?

Emir of Daura is saying hunger is killing his subjects.The governor of Kastina is negotiating with armed Fulani terrorist in a forest while crying that armed bandits have taken over the state.A man just renamed his young son Suleman from Buhari because of hardship.These are just developments in Kastina let alone other parts of the Nigerian nation.
Re: Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari by Hkatago: 11:30am On Dec 16, 2019
In the military, rank, medals and appointments are not stuffs u joke with...Buhari earned being a Maj. Gen...that he will be forever...Punch are only reminding him of his many medals..
Re: Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari by updatechange(m): 11:51am On Dec 16, 2019
jahsharon:
I voted for Major General Muhammadu Buhari (GMB) but he has messed me up by changing to President Muhammadu Buhari(PMB). If i'd wanted a drunk, weak, incompetent nincompoop, I would ahve voted the drunk ineffectual buffoon from Otuoke Goatluck Jonaddaft. If I'd wanted a looting machine and a corruption filled US fugitive, I would have voted the Cameroonian bisexual whose dicck cannot stay in one pusssy Atikuchukwu Abubakar. But, I wanted a General who would stop Boko Haram occupation of Nigeria's territory and he has done it. He has however disappointed me by trying to be a civilian democrat. A civilian democrat cannot rule Nigeria. Only a soldier can do. So, Major General Muhammadu Buhari should go back to his original sef.

Civilian democrats could not do the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
Civilian democrats could not build Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Railway
Civilian democrats could not build Oyo-Ogbomoso Expressway
Civilian democrats could not build Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway
Civilian democrats could not rebuild the Apapa-Oshodi-Iyana_Oworo Expressway
Civilian Civilian democrats could not make Nigeria to grow ordinary rice to feed ourselves
Civilian democrats make sure there is fuel scarcity every Christmas

I beg, let the Major General that has done the bove change fully to a dictator. Only a dictator can close the borders without blinking an eye.

Abokii
Re: Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari by tunjiajayi: 12:37pm On Dec 16, 2019
All hail the general
Re: Thank You Punch For Reminding Buhari by jahsharon: 10:15pm On Dec 16, 2019
updatechange:

Abokii

My friend Almajari. Well done.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Makes Another Juicy Appointment / Kogi State Government Appoints New Cabinets / Should It Not Be Crystal Clear Who Is Behind Boko Haram?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.