Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Origin Of Igbos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Origin Of Igbos (1020 Views)

7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! / The Origin Of The Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Origin Of Igbos by bashr4: 7:37am On Nov 28, 2010
i have read a lot of articles tryin to claim that igbos are either have european ancestors or jewish origin bla bla bla .To all my igbo brothers and sisters out theres please dont give in to all those crap ,yes we know our history and its of no way connected to foriegners besides even till today igbo are the most tribalist when it comes to mix marriages and in the olden days havin a baby for a forigner will be abomination and the child will be killed as we all know our folk tales and culture. The so called europeans(portuguese) they claim we mixed with where the same people that noticed the igbos had a lot of yellow skinned individuals.I will stop here but pls educate ypur non igbo friends that just like every other tribe in africa we have different shades of colour from charcoal black to brown to yellow to white just like i see fair skinned yorubas too do i assume they are mixed?.
And for those that claim we are jews well if we have jewish origin it still wont prove the reason for ou light skin cause the olden jews were not light skinned neither where the egyptians sorry to burst your bubble but u need to respect the fact that we just have different skin tones.
Re: Origin Of Igbos by excanny: 8:54am On Nov 28, 2010
Sorry to say, this post of yours doesn't make any sense.
Re: Origin Of Igbos by excanny: 9:18am On Nov 28, 2010
deleted
Re: Origin Of Igbos by bashr4: 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2010
it wont to you cause you have been brainwashed by the white man and western media to believe african have a typical look and any african that have a light skin must be thier descendant.
Re: Origin Of Igbos by ChikiChik(f): 10:57am On Nov 30, 2010
What a mayopic topic, so senseless that nothing positive will come out out of it apart from blind arguement

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Translate This Nigerian Pidgin English To Standard English / Real,traditional Or Babaric Yam. Wonders Shall Never End / Questions African Men And Women Must Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.