Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami (487 Views)

Stop Spreading Fake News, Isaac Fayose Blasts Peter Obi, Ask DSS To Arrest Him / I Will Not Leave Your Office, Falana Tells DSS After Failing To Release Sowore / Nnamdi Kanu To UN: Tell Buhari To Release Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami by godlyguy(m): 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2019
The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, on Monday, indicated that he could not ask the Department of State Service to release Omoyele Sowore from custody.

The minister said in the statement that he could not take a unilateral decision on the release of Sowore without recourse to the court, where the ‘RevolutionNow’ protests convener and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare, are being prosecuted on charges of treasonable felony, among others.

This is contained in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Public Relations, Dr. Umar Gwandu, who stated that Malami was reacting to “the claim that a lawyer sent a letter to the AGF requesting the release of Mr. Sowore”.

The statement appeared to be a veiled reference to the letter by Sowore’s lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), sent to the AGF on Friday to demand the release of the convener of ‘RevolutionNow’ protests from the custody of the DSS.

Falana’s letter dated December 13, 2019, reported by The PUNCH on Monday followed the Friday’s announcement by the AGF office that it had taken over the prosecution of the Sahara Reporters’ publisher and Bakare from the DSS.

The AGF’s takeover of the case was informed by the widely condemned invasion of the Federal High Court in Abuja by the operatives of the DSS to rearrest Sowore on December 6.

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/12/cant-ask-dss-to-release-sowore-malami.html?m=1
Re: I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami by Jonny223: 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2019
Seriously
Re: I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami by scribble: 8:57pm On Dec 16, 2019
Buhari the tyrannical despot
Re: I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami by godlyguy(m): 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2019
Falana who heads the defence team of the two men informed Malami that Sowore had, since his rearrest on December 6, been kept in the DSS custody without the backing of any detention order of court or arrest warrant.

He stated that his letter became necessary after two lawyers in the team visited the DSS headquarters in Abuja to demand Sowore’s release but were advised to direct their request to Malami.

In a terse statement making a veiled reference to Falana’s letter on Monday, Malami said in the statement issued by Gwandu, “When parties submit their issues for determination to a court of law, they lack exclusivity of decision over such issues without recourse to the court.”

“We remain guided by the established tradition and will not take unilateral decision without recourse to the rule of law,” he added.

Re: I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami by NGpatriot: 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
They want rule of law, but they still want the minister to go against the same rule of law.

Confused people..

grin grin
Re: I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami by Racoon(m): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2019
“What many consider as the great corruption is stealing of money but what to me is the great corruption is when people are deprived justice,when you do things without regard to the rule of law.”

-Disregard for Rule Of Law Worst Corruption Than Stealing Of Public Funds.(The United States ambassador to Nigeria, William Stuart Symington)
Still meaning and reaffirming that a whole DG-DSS, AGF and Maj.Gen. Buhari(Rtd) are above the laws of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria hence above the law.

So therefore, there is no more basis for the judiciary/courts/ since they don't obey the rule of law.Nigeria what ailieth thee?
Re: I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami by chibaby1985(f): 9:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
godlyguy:
The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami, on Monday, indicated that he could not ask the Department of State Service to release Omoyele Sowore from custody.

The minister said in the statement that he could not take a unilateral decision on the release of Sowore without recourse to the court, where the ‘RevolutionNow’ protests convener and his co-defendant, Olawale Bakare, are being prosecuted on charges of treasonable felony, among others.

This is contained in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media and Public Relations, Dr. Umar Gwandu, who stated that Malami was reacting to “the claim that a lawyer sent a letter to the AGF requesting the release of Mr. Sowore”.

The statement appeared to be a veiled reference to the letter by Sowore’s lawyer, Mr. Femi Falana (SAN), sent to the AGF on Friday to demand the release of the convener of ‘RevolutionNow’ protests from the custody of the DSS.

Falana’s letter dated December 13, 2019, reported by The PUNCH on Monday followed the Friday’s announcement by the AGF office that it had taken over the prosecution of the Sahara Reporters’ publisher and Bakare from the DSS.

The AGF’s takeover of the case was informed by the widely condemned invasion of the Federal High Court in Abuja by the operatives of the DSS to rearrest Sowore on December 6.

insideNAIJA
Re: I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami by Bringback9ja: 5:14am On Dec 17, 2019
Don't tell DSS to release him.

Tell them to obey court order..

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami by darkwan: 7:01am On Dec 17, 2019
Jonny223:
Seriously

you seem to dont understand what they are accusin him of....

i knew his matter would not be easier with the attorney general....

goverment just wanted attention taking away from their secret police....
Re: I Can’t Ask DSS To Release Sowore – Malami by somtookeke(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2019
*I can’t ask DSS to release Sowore, says Malami*
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/i-cant-ask-dss-to-release-sowore-says.html

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Revocation Of Late Saraki’s Land: ‘abdulrasaq Has Crossed The Line’ / Kwara State Government Demolishes Bukola Saraki's Family House (photos) / Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment – President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.