Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Leicester V Norwich: Why I Substituted Iheanacho Before Halftime--rodgers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leicester V Norwich: Why I Substituted Iheanacho Before Halftime--rodgers (717 Views)

Lionel Messi Ignored Mauricio Pochettino's Handshake After Being Substituted. / Angry Ronaldo Leaves Juve Stadium After Being Substituted In 55th Minute / The Moment Daniel Amokachi Substituted Himself On And Scored 2 Goals(throw Back) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leicester V Norwich: Why I Substituted Iheanacho Before Halftime--rodgers by Tenny93: 4:33am On Dec 17, 2019
Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers has said he had to replace Kelechi Iheanacho before the half time break in Saturday's 1-1 draw against Norwich City due to tactical reasons.

Demarai Gray replaced the Nigerian after the Foxes had cancelled out Teemu Pukki’s opener through Tim Krul's own goal in the 38th minute.

“It was one where we wanted to go to 4-3-3 and when we moved him out to the side, he’s not a natural winger, he’s not one who can play on that outside,” the manager was quoted by Leicester Mercury.

“So I can either leave it and wait until half-time or make the change when I did. And then make the other change on half-time. It was purely a tactical one.

“He was fine. He was disappointed because he’s been terrific for us in the past few games. He understands, he knows it was nothing personal, just the flow of the game needed to change.

“It was probably the right result. We didn’t start so well in our pressing and then our passing was slow. In fairness to Norwich, they played well in that opening period.

“I felt we needed to change it. We started with the same shape as last week but it wasn’t quite working for us. We made the change and the last 15 minutes of the first half was better when we went to 4-3-3.

“In the second half we were much better, but it looked like the ball was never going to drop for us. We got the goal back as well earlier but we just couldn’t quite find that quality and final pass to get the winner.”

Before his replacement, Iheanacho was involved in a melee with Norwich City players for continuing play after the ball was kicked out to seek medical treatment for Emiliano Buendia.

In his reaction to the incident, Rodgers said the Super Eagles forward, scorer of four goals in five games this season, misunderstood the situation and he could have been expelled.

“They were disappointed that he wanted to try to get in and score. Young Kels, I’m not sure what he was thinking to be honest. He’s an honest boy. He’s clearly got kicked. Thankfully it was sorted out and nothing else happened.”
https://sportinglife.ng/leicester-v-norwich-why-i-substituted-iheanacho-before-halftime-rodgers/
Re: Leicester V Norwich: Why I Substituted Iheanacho Before Halftime--rodgers by galaxy2020(m): 4:37am On Dec 17, 2019
One those things that happen in football
Re: Leicester V Norwich: Why I Substituted Iheanacho Before Halftime--rodgers by Fadomero(m): 4:45am On Dec 17, 2019
Stop beating around the bush kelechi no sabi play Ball
Re: Leicester V Norwich: Why I Substituted Iheanacho Before Halftime--rodgers by Nobody: 5:43am On Dec 17, 2019
Fadomero:
Stop beating around the bush kelechi no sabi play Ball
honestly kelechi na crappy player
Re: Leicester V Norwich: Why I Substituted Iheanacho Before Halftime--rodgers by Philosopher1979: 8:47am On Dec 17, 2019
Saying kelechi iheanacho is not a good player shows your ignorance of football. He is unique as he is a false 9. Your sheer ignorance shows your lack of understanding of who a false 9 is. Stop demonstrating your ignorance to me. He entered man city as a teenager. The problem is that he is not too good as a winger and he can only play begind the striker. Saying he is not a good player is a combination of madness and ignorance

Kallmerb:
honestly kelechi na crappy player

1 Like

Re: Leicester V Norwich: Why I Substituted Iheanacho Before Halftime--rodgers by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2019
Philosopher1979:
Saying kelechi iheanacho is not a good player shows your ignorance of football. He is unique as he is a false 9. Your sheer ignorance shows your lack of understanding of who a false 9 is. Stop demonstrating your ignorance to me. He entered man city as a teenager. The problem is that he is not too good as a winger and he can only play begind the striker. Saying he is not a good player is a combination of madness and ignorance

is that all sir... Iheanacho is a bad player.. Discuss

(1) (Reply)

Ibrahimovic Moves To AC Milan / Tottenham Have Signed Eriksen's Replacement With Immediate Effect / Coronavirus: Chelsea Loanee Victor Moses Evicted From Hotel In Milan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.