Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo (6493 Views)

Metuh Bows To EFCC, Cooperates With Investigators-newswatch Times / Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters / On Soludo, Buhari, Jonathan And The Elections .....pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 12:38am On Nov 29, 2010
jabbok:

@ all,

I have taken out time to go through this thread. My observation is this:

1. Those who find this investigation fishy and thus, a criminal fight against corruption are mostly in Nigeria.

2. Those who support the investigation with no reservations are outside naija and most of them suffer from nolstagic fever they cant cure

My question to you was:

Now respect me and explain to me, RATIONALLY AND INTELLIGENTLY, how Soludo's support of GEJ will stop a British Serious Fraud Office investigation?

Not a request of an analysis of the thread.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Blazay(m): 12:42am On Nov 29, 2010
namski:

I beg to ask please. When has Soludo become a force in Nigeria's political arena that he is now being targeted for opposing which government?

Corruption is corruption and a corrupt person should be made to face the music if found wanting.

We know.
So when is your EFCC going to start doing that in Nigeria instead of depending on INTERPOL?
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 29, 2010
Sagamite:

My question to you was:

Now respect me and explain to me, RATIONALLY AND INTELLIGENTLY, how Soludo's support of GEJ will stop a British Serious Fraud Office investigation?

Not a request of an analysis of the thread.
Oyibo forced your ancestors into slavery. But sad enough, you have chosen to be a slave willingly. What is serious about British SFO?
Which one are the unserious fraud? Funny name.Keep spreading your legs for oyibo to continue the despoil on your mentality.

Wake from your slumber. Bekee don finnish una. Serious indeed
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 12:57am On Nov 29, 2010
jabbok:

Oyibo forced your ancestors into slavery. But sad enough, you have chosen to be a slave willingly. What is serious about British SFO?
Which one are the unserious fraud? Funny name.Keep spreading your legs for oyibo to continue the despoil on your mentality.

Wake from your slumber. Bekee don finnish una. Serious indeed

You are reetarded!!!

If you can not answer the question, Shut Up!

As kulutempa said: You are a cretin that throws accusation like a market woman.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Nobody: 12:59am On Nov 29, 2010
Sagamite:

You are reetarded!!!

If you can not answer the question, Shut Up!
Haha. Bring it on. Afterall, u no dey pay for internet for London.
Peace b unto u
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Ericology(m): 2:28am On Nov 29, 2010
jedisco:

Who do some people think soludo is?
The man could not even win an election in his own state let alone in nigeria. He is a intellect yes but a POLITICAL NOBODY
GEJ would be very happy if atiku were to run with soludo cos the man cant even convince his local government to vote atiku.
If GEJ was so desperate why didnt he go after ibb, atiku or better candidates for the vp who have atleast won elections before.
Atiku being the concensus candidate is bad enough then with soludo being his vp GEJ should stop his campaign cos he has already won

People of Anambra were mad at him for stooping so low, they wanted him to climb higher,,eg presidency and not the gov post, They wanted to keep Peter Obi while sending Soludo to the presidency, make no mistakes,, no presidential aspirant will beat him in Anambra
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Kekenapep: 8:34am On Nov 29, 2010
A lot of questions have been raised and I will try to answer each;

1. Soludo is not the only one corrupt (if he is) - "What goes around comes around". Nigerians can be unbelievably stupid at times because we know a lot of people are corrupt doesn't mean that ones that are charged to court or investigated should go free. Isn't it "one by one" again till the work is done.

2. Our tribal links are so strong in Nigeria that we overlook wrong because he is from our tribe "he/she is one of us". Justice must (will) prevail even if he/she is ur cousin/friend, unless of course you stole together. and don't want to be caught yourself or better still you enjoyed the proceeds of their crimes.

3. Every investigation has a political undertone - Any time issues like this come up we are quick to say "politically motivated". I believe it is crucial to note here that this investigation (like that of Ibori) is being carried out abroad (a system where it is not easy to subvert justice like in Nigeria). These people work professionally and not with sentiments. If he is a target of an investigation it's because they have evidence that might link him to crimes committed

4. Political heavyweight - Soludo is not a political heavyweight for sure (thats not really debatable for me).

5. Soludo watched while madam cecilia and her other bank cronies wrecked financial havok on our banking system. If he was supposed to supervise them in his position as CBN chief, he did a mighty poor job.

6. Not all bad - He did do soe good with banks capitalization et al

7. Let Justice prevail - If he is found inocent then his credibility increases. if found guilty then let him spend some time reflecting on his life in jail.

8. Not so smart - It is clear here to me that some contributors here supporting differing opinions here are;
a. Not so smart (Insulting each other).
b. Not very objective (Learn to look at issues from different sides not just ethnic or tribal). be unbiased.
c. Not mature enough (some contributions are childish and immature). They may be uneducated/teens/Ignorant/tribalistic/just plain dumb.
d. Politically motivated themselves (they just don't like someone who opposes their person).

I rest my case.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Diligence: 9:00am On Nov 29, 2010
Nairaland Beware: Never be like Tell Magazine or saharareporters who hv relish in cynical reports, pullhimdown sensationalism!
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by otokx(m): 9:27am On Nov 29, 2010
Lets see where all this will end; innocent until proven guilty but we know that IBORI is not finding it funny.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by andyanders: 10:26am On Nov 29, 2010
GBAM, I KNEW SOLUDU IS A CORRUPT INDIVIDUAL AND THAT WAS WHY AFTER STEALLING THE MONEY, HE WENT INTO POLITICS AND STARTED WEARING RED CAP AND JOINED CRIMICAL PART PDP. THAT IS THE ONLY PARTY THAT ENCOURAGES CORRUPTION. THE WAY AND MANNER HE CAME INTO BANKING ENVIROMENT AND SOME OF HIS POLICIES, LIKE PRINTING NEW NOTES WERE SOME OF THE THINGS I COULD NOT RECONCILE. I KEPT ASKING MYSELF, WHY CHANGE AND PRINT NEW NOTES IF THIS MAN IS NOT CARVING NEW METHOD OF STEALING THE NATIONS MONEY? NOW, THE EVIL DEEDS HAS BEEN REVEALED. IF HE WAS DESCENT, HE WOULD HAVE GONE BACK TO HIS FORMER PLACE OF WORK. HE WENT INTO POLITICS, BECAUSE HE HAS STOLLEN ENOUGH MONEY. 99% OF NIGERIAN LEADERS ARE CORRUPT.PERIOD. 99.9% OF OUR LEADERS PRESENT AND PAST WILL AND MUST GO TO HELL FIRE BECAUSE THEY ARE CORRUPT. HAVE SOLUDO SENT TO PRISON
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 11:29am On Nov 29, 2010
andyanders:

GBAM, I KNEW SOLUDU IS A CORRUPT INDIVIDUAL AND THAT WAS WHY AFTER STEALLING THE MONEY, HE WENT INTO POLITICS AND STARTED WEARING RED CAP AND JOINED CRIMICAL PART PDP. THAT IS THE ONLY PARTY THAT ENCOURAGES CORRUPTION. THE WAY AND MANNER HE CAME INTO BANKING ENVIROMENT AND SOME OF HIS POLICIES, LIKE PRINTING NEW NOTES WERE SOME OF THE THINGS I COULD NOT RECONCILE. I KEPT ASKING MYSELF, WHY CHANGE AND PRINT NEW NOTES IF THIS MAN IS NOT CARVING NEW METHOD OF STEALING THE NATIONS MONEY? NOW, THE EVIL DEEDS HAS BEEN REVEALED. IF HE WAS DESCENT, HE WOULD HAVE GONE BACK TO HIS FORMER PLACE OF WORK. HE WENT INTO POLITICS, BECAUSE HE HAS STOLLEN ENOUGH MONEY. 99% OF NIGERIAN LEADERS ARE CORRUPT.PERIOD. 99.9% OF OUR LEADERS PRESENT AND PAST WILL AND MUST GO TO HELL FIRE BECAUSE THEY ARE CORRUPT. HAVE SOLUDO SENT TO PRISON

Let me guess, you work as a detective for the Nigerian Police Force? undecided

Rubbish assumptions and conclusions.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by gossipmama(f): 11:46am On Nov 29, 2010
andyanders:

I CANT STILL BELIEVE WE HAVE DAFTS IN THIS COUNTRY AT THIS JET AGE, HW WILL U SAY THAT BECOS HE STOLE THE COUNTRY'S MONEY, HE WENT INTO POLITICS AND STARTED WEARING RED CAP, DO U THINK IBOS GIVE OZO TO COMMONS?, I DONT BLAME YOU COS YOU AV SELECTIVE BLINDNESS AND AMNESIA, ALL THOSE THIEVES STEALING OUR MONEY, U FORGOT THEM SO QUICKLY AND ITS SOLUDO THAT DIDNT EVEN STEAL QUARTER OF THOSE MILITARY EXs, that YOU KNOW, PLS GENERALIZE AND DONT BE BIASED
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by shanktang(m): 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2010
i find it indeed very laughable wen i see some dumb headed individuals make some very silly hard to believe comment on this thread, blaming soludo's investigation on Gej, well i must inform u all that soludo is very much in competion wth some other powers to be the running mate to Atiku, and the way the nigerian politics is being run, ur competetor will do anything and everything possible to run u down, and make sure u dont get ahead of him, in the game, and for those who ask the question , 'why now' my answer to u is why not now.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by marjo: 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2010
I look forward to the day when anyone who cannot account for their wealth or their stewardship is called to question by the authorities. I have no beef against rich people but the source of their wealth needs to be known. i recall back in england, my dad used to tell us that if you were seen suddenly living above your means, the IRS would come called and if you cant explain it the police. this is the way it should be - do these people even pay tax. It is also a shame that we need the whites ( read whites of european stock) to do what our inept agencies will not or cannot do. I don't care where your state, tribe, religion, political leaning or all that hogwash, any one who does the crime should do the time. simple. and if they plea bargain, everything that they can not genuinely explain its acquisition should be taken from them. period. like someone said, it is one by one.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2010
Instead of dumbos to ask "why loot", they are asking "why now". Fooooooooools!
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2010
A source within the EFCC, who asked not to be named, however confirmed that the SFO had indeed contacted the Nigerian anti-graft agency in relation to the investigations involving Mr. Soludo.

“There may be something like that. I know that there has been intelligence exchange between the EFCC and the SFO concerning this matter. It is an on-going investigation which was not initiated by the EFCC,” our source said.

In the months following the media reports, several anti-corruption agencies within and outside Nigeria have launched investigations into the scandal. In Nigeria, the initial enthusiasm showed by the Nigerian Police, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), and the National Assembly has since waned. None of the Nigerian investigations have yielded any results.

Efforts to get obtain reactions from the official spokesmen for the EFCC and the CBN were unfruitful.

Sharing the contract commissions

Documents obtained by NEXT show that Securency, whose parent company is the Reserve Bank of Australia, paid about $23 million dollars in suspect commissions to a company domiciled in a tax haven, Seychelles. The company, SPT Limited, further commissioned two other agents to secure the Nigerian contracts.

The Australian media, championed by The Age, is claiming that the agents chosen had close links with top government and CBN officials. One of the agents, Joseph Raad, who was appointed as a ‘confidential sub-agent’ by SPT LTD, is Iceland’s honorary Consul General to Nigeria. SPT, which stood to gain 12% of all contract deals secured from Nigeria, pledged to pay its agents between 4.5-5% of the contracts worth.

This is big!
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by la1(m): 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2010
@Sagamite, please educate the Foooools, and to thinks some of these retards posting tripe are peoples fathers, SMH
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2010
la!:

@Sagamite, please educate the Foooools, and to thinks some of these retards posting tripe are peoples fathers, SMH 

Educating them is my job on NL. It is unpaid employment, but I do it out of the altruistic, unbridled goodness of my heart to save the dimwits, yet some are ungrateful when I diagnose and call them reetards. Something they would have paid a psychiatrist thousands for.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Rastamann: 8:51pm On Nov 29, 2010
Soludo is corrupt. We should start dealing with all these corrupt public officers.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by dcopolopo(m): 8:52pm On Nov 29, 2010
The main purpose of this investigation is to pull Soludo down , because of his polical alignment with Atiku, This is selective justice. This was exactly what OBJ did when he was in power.
The Government knew about his misdeeds before, but kept quite when he was not with the opposition. But I beleive Soludo has case to answer.
The fight agaist corruption should be done by the government in such a way that is not partial inorder to be effective.
The government should be serious about the anti corruption so that other people that are corrupt should also be investigated.
Could Federal government influence the Brithish and other countries to investigate Soludo? My answer is YES.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2010
dcopolopo:

Could Federal government influence the Brithish and other countries to investigate Soludo? My answer is YES.

Explain.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Abuse: 8:28am On Nov 30, 2010
I am sure he might have been picked by ATIKU for VP.He deserves the investigation.He should be in jail.We need to jail all this thieves who steal in the name of i am a PROFESSOR.Most educated idiot in town.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by JUO(m): 10:20am On Nov 30, 2010
let see how it will end
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Bawss1(m): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2010
Sagamite:

Explain.

You have just asked for an outburst from a mind overexcited with conspiracy theories. Watch and see the answer.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by nduchucks: 11:55am On Nov 30, 2010
dcopolopo:

The main purpose of this investigation is to pull Soludo down , because of his polical alignment with Atiku, This is selective justice. This was exactly what OBJ did when he was in power.
The Government knew about his misdeeds before, but kept quite when he was not with the opposition. But I beleive Soludo has case to answer.
The fight agaist corruption should be done by the government in such a way that is not partial inorder to be effective.
The government should be serious about the anti corruption so that other people that are corrupt should also be investigated.

dcopolopo, what does it matter whether the said justice is selective? If Soludo committed any crime, he should be prosecuted and if found guilty, sent to jail. The only problem I have with the British in this case, is the timing of their making the investigation of Soludo public.

No sane human being should be in opposition of Soludo's investigation.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2010
Bawss1:

You have just asked for an outburst from a mind overexcited with conspiracy theories. Watch and see the answer.

I would not be too surprised if that is the case as I suspect it is one of the under-devloped minds due to Nigeria's appalling education system and the mind unfortunate to not be innately gifted to mitigate the lack of structured mind development a good education provides.

But maybe he would come back and prove me wrong sha. So I will wait before giving judgement.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by 9ijaMan: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2010
For all those clamouring for Soludo to become VP to Atiku, I guess this knok him out of the equation.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by seanet02: 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2010
Everybody knows he is a thief. This is somebody that spends over 500m on an election without his account shaking. What happened to all his recapitalisation? 197 billion stuffed in a single woman's wealth arena. He is a thief.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by McKren(m): 8:18pm On Nov 30, 2010
9ijaMan:

For all those clamouring for Soludo to become VP to Atiku, I guess this knok him out of the equation.

Nope it does not. Anybody can be accused. If thats the standard Atiku nor Jonathan have no business running. In fact nobody does.

No court has convicted Soludo of anything.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by 9ijaMan: 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2010
McKren:

Nope it does not. Anybody can be accused. If thats the standard Atiku nor Jonathan have no business running. In fact nobody does.

No court has convicted Soludo of anything.
I accept your point of view, he's innocent until proven guilty. But he's already tainted and that will remain a stigma in his political career.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by bignaija(m): 11:52am On Dec 01, 2010
settle them 50millions dollars this man ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Real Cause Of Fuel Scarcity / Akpabio Ordered To Vacate Seat For Oshiomole At Tinibu’s Colloquium / How Japanese Woman Led FBI To The Arrest Of 80 Nigerian Scammers In U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.