Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 (67013 Views)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool FA Cup (5 - 6)pens On 14th May 2022 / Chelsea Vs Liverpool Carabao Cup Final (10 - 11)pens On 27th February 2022 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 7th December 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by Minemrys: 8:19am On Dec 18, 2019
mvem:
They haven't won this Cup before. Infact no English team has won it that's why they prioritized it....na FIFA competition so pride go dey and you will have your jersey crested with the best club insignia if you win wth the money that comes with it
sadly, man u has w0n it b4. They're the only english club.
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by Honestguy13577: 8:20am On Dec 18, 2019
Did you know the only major trophy Liverpool has never won is CWC, so why should they focus on carabao cup that they have won 7 times or so. Many of you are happy because you have been looking out for Liverpool to lose a game since. Omo Liverpool get haters worldwide ooo.
Stop the hate on Liverpool.

1 Like

Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by Minemrys: 8:21am On Dec 18, 2019
Reussite:

I get it now. It's the first for Liverpool. I hope they win it.
nah. It's our 2nd. We could've w0n it in 2005 but we had 3 goals disallowed in that game.
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 18, 2019
isahsalee:

E pain you well well, what I know is that Aston Vila beat Liverpool, whether na team A or Z Liverpool used for the Marc, I don't care.
I just tire for these people. Person tell them say make dem no use their other players?
This "Liverpool kids" talk is just disgustingly annoying to me
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by davibid: 8:29am On Dec 18, 2019
koolaid87:
Liverpool sold this match

Investigation needs to be done

Aston villa??

This ain't real

Exactly my thoughts
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by Minemrys: 8:32am On Dec 18, 2019
LordAzubuike:

True winners would have fielded their best team tonight and travel to Qatar immediately after the game.
oga, fifa regulati0ns does n0t permit that.
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by openmine(m): 8:32am On Dec 18, 2019
TOPCRUISE:

What a consolation. But alas Liverpool lost by 5 goals to nothing. embarassed
Consolation?
Even before a ball was kicked in the quarterfinal match,I knew it would be next to impossible to defeat Aston villa!
I was expecting them to roll like pack of cards and concede maybe 8 or 9 goals...however,the kid's matured display shows how far they have come and in 2 to 3 years time,they will be the future of Liverpool!

1 Like

Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by Angelfrost(m): 8:44am On Dec 18, 2019
mvem:
Realmadrid, Barca and Ac milan had never had this situation before in which their FA fixed a match just a day to a FIFA event and couldn't shift it. Moreover Liverpool has more UCLs than Barca. Liverpool is 3rd after Madrid and Acmilan on number of UCL won.

You see why and how you guys just draw unnecessary animosity upon yourselves...

I made a simple comment about the well known issues and criticisms top clubs face, you jumped in with all this unrelated gist, even trying to make light of other clubs' successes.

You are even telling me how Liverpool has more UCL titles than Barcelona (seriously now, what has that got to do with my point?)...

Like I told one other fan in another thread... Y'all should take it easy. This "us against the world" sh*t will seriously wear you out! grin

Las las, it is just a game. None of us gets fed or paid for all this stressing.

1 Like

Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by openmine(m): 8:47am On Dec 18, 2019
pek:
Very hypocritical and petty to say the least. You lost a cup competition. Don't come here and say it is inconsequential. You entered the competition to win it. If it were inconsequential, you won't have entered for it. When you beat arsenal via penalties, I guess it was not inconsequential.
grin grin
I guess you must actually be one of these pained rivals of ours that shamelessly come on front page of any Liverpool thread to predict a loss only for you to be disappointed over and over again!
I can understand that feeling sorry ohh grin
Now back to your shaky analysis,Liverpool were faced with two cups which we deserved to be in,however,the organisers fixed the quarterfinal match a day before a world club cup match which to me was insensitive....Liverpool had to use younger players to the match showing everyone how inconsequential the trophy was....while we packed all our top players to Qatar for the world club cup!
Even before the arsenal game,I always knew this cup was irrelevant because it adds no value to any big team....
Like I told someone here,we can always qualify and play carabao cups every season,but we cant just qualify to play club world cup without beating the best in Europe... Which is not easy!

But no matter how much I explain,its next to impossible to reason objectively with a bitter and sentimental fan...don't worry,las las you go dey alright cheesy
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by openmine(m): 8:59am On Dec 18, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

Lmfao the biggest damage control I've ever seen.
grin grin
Some times I wonder if most folks here can comprehend their use of words!
Do you even know what 'Damage control' implies?
Not a single regular player was part of this game...most of the Liverpool players were about to hit 18 and yet they displayed good footy...if not for some dodgy defending which is expected and inexperience, they would have forced a draw against an Aston villa side that had up to 5 regular and experienced players on the pitch!

I'm just thinking....so Liverpool haven't even won the league title and yet the hate from rival fans keep rising like ijebu garri grin

"When nobody talks about you,then you are nobody" grin
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by Evangkatsoulis: 9:08am On Dec 18, 2019
mvem:
They haven't won this Cup before. Infact no English team has won it that's why they prioritized it....na FIFA competition so pride go dey and you will have your jersey crested with the best club insignia if you win wth the money that comes with it
Man United won it in 2008
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by openmine(m): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2019
toprealman:

Aston Villa also fielded a youth team.
grin grin
So Egyptian internationals and Aston villa regulars like Trezeguet and Ahmed El Mohamady are youth players right? grin
What about Regular players like Douglas Luiz and Neil Taylor?
What about English premier league regulars like Kortney Hause and Henri Lansbury?
Who was brought in as a sub and scored their last goal? Wesley...Their regular top striker for Aston villa!
I have called out 6 regular players for Aston villa...please name just one Liverpool fringe player that was on the bench or on the pitch that has played the premier league? cheesy
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by openmine(m): 9:26am On Dec 18, 2019
dochenaj:

A loss is a loss, irrespective of the goal margin.

This is however a better option, it has given those lads an opportunity to showcase at the big stage.

And now we can see their defence was woeful, and if they have to be the future of Liverpool, something must be done about that.
Una no get conscience!
A team that the oldest player will hit 18 next year and the youngest being 16?
How do you expect these kids to perform against this experienced Aston villa side?
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by SenecaTheYonger: 9:40am On Dec 18, 2019
openmine:

grin grin
Some times I wonder if most folks here can comprehend their use of words!
Do you even know what 'Damage control' implies?
Not a single regular player was part of this game...most of the Liverpool players were about to hit 18 and yet they displayed good footy...if not for some dodgy defending which is expected and inexperience, they would have forced a draw against an Aston villa side that had up to 5 regular and experienced players on the pitch!

I'm just thinking....so Liverpool haven't even won the league title and yet the hate from rival fans keep rising like ijebu garri grin

"When nobody talks about you,then you are nobody" grin

Lmfao, all those fake laugh smiley to cope with the pain. Noody will tell u this but it's obvious.
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by solochris(m): 10:01am On Dec 18, 2019
leoHomo:
mehn alago umuazi a pieces

Hahahahaha, this one off me o ���
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by pek(m): 10:46am On Dec 18, 2019
mvem:
What would you have expected them to do?...FIFA refused to shift their date and FA refused to shift their date. So Liverpool had to prioritize one of them which is the club world cup by FIFA. One reason they did that is because they havent won the club world cup
. This is not the argument. My gross is saying that it is an inconsequential cup. That's not right.
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:49am On Dec 18, 2019
donMIG:

I was never expecting Liverpool to win
Klopp has been complaining about fixtures congestion!
If Liverpool were at home u'd c some senior players, he wants to keep that streak running

As for man utd
Una go dei flog big teams dei draw n drip point for small teams
Mourinho go take una eyes c pepper shey him don come overtake una
That guy go wash una wit talk for media

Lol.
Mourinho will beat u Liverpool too, though I know Leicester will give u ur first defeat
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by pek(m): 10:52am On Dec 18, 2019
openmine:

grin grin
I
But no matter how much I explain,its next to impossible to reason objectively with a bitter and sentimental fan...don't worry,las las you go dey alright cheesy
Very foolish and stupid to call someone bitter and sentimental simply because he pointed out a flaw in your write up. There was absolutely nothing in my point to suggest I am either pained, bitter or sentimental as you put it.
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by EbukaHades10(m): 11:25am On Dec 18, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10284836/liverpool-club-world-cup-carabao-cup-villa-date/
In a decision which will see Liverpool likely to be accused of treating the competition with disdain, the EFL agreed with the Anfield side’s request for the match to be played as scheduled despite the players set to be on duty.
League bosses accepted the argument that Klop would be able to field a team which was “consistent” with the one in duty earlier in the competition.
it was Liverpool who insist on playing .
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2861352-efl-confirms-liverpool-vs-aston-villa-carabao-cup-clash-to-take-place-dec-17
I'm sure u read ur point and if you did, u'll know that the senior players in Doha didn't start the Caraboa cup from the first game which according to ur point, was what he did. Either case their hands were forced.
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by EbukaHades10(m): 11:29am On Dec 18, 2019
Lilbest3:
I just tire for these people. Person tell them say make dem no use their other players?
This "Liverpool kids" talk is just disgustingly annoying to me
Yes. Person talk am (FIFA). Any first team or fringe player that played yesterday won't be eligible to play today.

Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by EbukaHades10(m): 11:35am On Dec 18, 2019
kechywillz:
Liverpool don scatter people slip,people wey book am Liverpool home win over 3.5 go curse them tire,in fact dem no go carry dem for slip for this week
See where you fawk up. E show say u just won trend.

Liverpool no dey home yesterday
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by kendrick93(m): 11:42am On Dec 18, 2019
pek:
. This is not the argument. My gross is saying that it is an inconsequential cup. That's not right.
For a top team it is......
The carabao cup prize money isn't even worth upto 1m......it's a useless cup that should be scrapped.....
No top team brags about winning the carabao cup
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by openmine(m): 11:57am On Dec 18, 2019
pek:
Very foolish and stupid to call someone bitter and sentimental simply because he pointed out a flaw in your write up. There was absolutely nothing in my point to suggest I am either pained, bitter or sentimental as you put it.
Guy you are too bitter and sentimental to speak about flaws!
Your entire writeups are a summary of someone who takes issues personally esp an unnecessary soccer match that will add no cent to your pocket!
The rest of your statements,though benighted are as usual trash like the previous!
Its obvious I wasted my time thinking I was engaging a civil and matured mind...not knowing I was engaging an erratic fanatic!

Deal with your personal issues and go find something worthwhile to do with your life!
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 18, 2019
EbukaHades10:
I'm sure u read ur point and if you did, u'll know that the senior players in Doha didn't start the Caraboa cup from the first game which according to ur point, was what he did. Either case their hands were forced.
hands were not forced. they were offered a date which is the norm but rejected it, preferring to play now because of fixture congestion in January.
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by openmine(m): 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
kendrick93:
For a top team it is......
The carabao cup prize money isn't even worth upto 1m......it's a useless cup that should be scrapped.....
No top team brags about winning the carabao cup
Bossman oversense no go kill you!
Extremely useless cup....no wonder the organisers agreed to allow Liverpool use youngsters for d game!
Don't mind that guy...Him dey find talk this afternoon! Smh
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by openmine(m): 12:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
SenecaTheYonger:

Lmfao, all those fake laugh smiley to cope with the pain. Noody will tell u this but it's obvious.
cheesy cheesy
As long as you are not here to know my mood,you cannot conclude am in pains!
I have said this even before we met Arsenal that the league cup aka caraboa cup was not only a distraction but an unnecessary trophy!
No need for the stress!
What have the previous winners attained from the feat...?
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by EbukaHades10(m): 12:16pm On Dec 18, 2019
niaralandtopuser:
hands were not forced. they were offered a date which is the norm but rejected it, preferring to play now because of fixture congestion in January.
K

Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by Robenna(m): 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
Na Under - 23 Be Dat,

Main Squad Went For Club World Cup
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by donMIG(m): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
SyrusdeHansome:

Lol.
Mourinho will beat u Liverpool too, though I know Leicester will give u ur first defeat

Lol
Go n check d recs
Tot b lvp b###h we dei colet them any how

Calmdown
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by openmine(m): 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
Reference:
Liverpool should not have registered for this competition, period. Instead of bringing it into disrepute. The League should set new rules concerning participation and participants if it takes it seriously.
There are so many things wrong with fixtures in the English league!
Even the premier league fixtures are too much esp on December periods...no wonder other leagues are having fresher and better players than the English leagues!
These players ain't machines no matter the amount they receive weekly!
Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by openmine(m): 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
ctleurocollege:
So Liverful don't have second team?
hmmm...No second team player will want to play carabao cup when they have the opportunity to feature in a club world cup tournament!

1 Like

Re: Aston Villa Vs Liverpool : Carabao Cup (5 - 0) On 17th December 2019 by openmine(m): 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2019
mvem:
Realmadrid, Barca and Ac milan had never had this situation before in which their FA fixed a match just a day to a FIFA event and couldn't shift it. Moreover Liverpool has more UCLs than Barca. Liverpool is 3rd after Madrid and Acmilan on number of UCL won.
Nice one! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Young Boys Vs Manchester United : UCL (2 - 1) On 14th September 2021 / UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 0) On 18th April 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.