Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

How and Where Can I Register a (.gov.ng) domain? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How and Where Can I Register a (.gov.ng) domain? (1592 Views)

Photos: Lagos State Government Website (lagosstate.gov.ng) Has Been Hacked / 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded - Nscdc.gov.ng / Calling On All Web Designers/developers: Redesign Of Nigeria.gov.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How and Where Can I Register a (.gov.ng) domain? by saddik(m): 12:25pm On Nov 28, 2010
Please I need urgent help on how to register the domain .gov.ng

Tnx
Re: How and Where Can I Register a (.gov.ng) domain? by Seton(m): 2:25pm On Nov 28, 2010
Do you have the necessary requirements, because you cannot register .gov.ng as an individual but only government establishment can register .gov.ng, you can only front as a technical person.
Get a letter of authority from the establishment-the government parastatals. and also an Admin person who must be authorised staff of the establishment, then go to webdomains.com.ng which is owned by websoft.com.ng. it may take between 72hours to many days based on confirmation from the admin person. Ensure that the admin person is an IT person or probably somebody that checks him mail regularly 'cos the correspondence will by email.

This was the same processed i used in registering the gov.ng that i have registered now. If its local government, i guess you have to do that thru the State 'cos its now 4ld. Though am yet con confirm that 'cos the last Local Government i registered was direct not thru the state.
If you have any problem you can contact me so that i can give you the contact of CTO
Re: How and Where Can I Register a (.gov.ng) domain? by saddik(m): 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2010
@Seton

Tnx so much for the input, Basically, I am the It officer for the government agency and I can get all the necessary documents required.

To be precise can you tell me how to proceed from here and how much it will cost? If you can email me a draft sample of the authority letter on sugeknight100@yahoo.com I will truly appreciate it.

Tnx.
Re: How and Where Can I Register a (.gov.ng) domain? by vaengaiven: 10:18am On Jun 11, 2011
thanks for sharing,
Re: How and Where Can I Register a (.gov.ng) domain? by emekaD3(m): 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2011
ok

(1) (Reply)

This Is Modern Internet Service And Advertising Package With Forum Submission An / Are You A Top Programmer/ Web-developer? / Clone Wp&mybb Theme/plugin Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.