Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 (31974 Views)

Phones Comparison Thread. / Oraimo Freepod 3 (29$) Vs Apple Airpods 3 ($179) : Battle Of The TWS Earbuds / Oppo Reno2 F Vs Huawei Y9s Speed Test | Helio P70 Vs Kirin 710f Cpu (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by aramanda14: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2019
It doesn’t always come down to which phone is better, as you may think. Filling up the third and fourth positions respectively on the list of top smartphone brands in the world, iPhone and OPPO are definitely close competitors in the smartphone world.

This brings us to the review topic today, which entails comparing the latest products from these brands - the iPhone 11 and Reno2 smartphones. These devices have both captured the hearts of many tech enthusiasts and brand loyalists alike and it’s no wonder why; from the beautiful body designs to the amazing camera technology. However, is that all there is to it? Let’s take a closer look.

The iPhone 11 and Reno2 will be compared in relation to the following categories:

CAMERA

iPhone 11 -12 MP + 12 MP VS OPPO Reno2 - 48MP + 13 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP

iPhone 11 features a dual-camera system with two cameras of the same megapixels (12 MP) albeit for wide and ultra-wide angles respectively while the Reno2 has four cameras of 48 MP (main camera) +13 MP (long-focus lens) + 8 MP (wide-angle lens) + 2 MP (bokeh lens) for each.
The front camera of the iPhone 11 is 12 MP as well while that of the Reno2 has 16 MP.

OPPO Reno2 Shark-fin camera has that ‘Woah’ factor that just astounds everyone when you showcase it, certified to make you stand out of the crowd, anytime and anywhere. The front camera of the Reno2 is an outstanding 16 MP with beautification mode turned on by default. A comparison with the iPhone 11 mere 12 MP showed that Reno2 produced clearer pictures with even more detailing. OPPO Reno2 camera has a whole lot more megapixels than the iPhone 11, which means better picture quality.

Rear Cameras - OPPO Reno2 has the quad-camera set up which is embedded into the rear of the phone useful for photo enhancement like blur, zoom, etc. The 8 MP camera functions for the wide-angle lens which serves to capture the widest view possible, from an entire stage performance to the largest group of smiling people posing for a photo without anyone having to stand at awkward positions.
You definitely can’t forget the OPPO Reno2 5X Hybrid and 20X digital zoom available which brings you closer to practically everything! Each with an incredible amount of clarity no matter how much you zoom in. The iPhone 11 does have a zoom feature but only up to 4X and this is not one of the scenarios where less is more - we must say.

Both the OPPO Reno2 and the iPhone 11 have portrait and night mode. However, while the night mode on the OPPO Reno2 works automatically by detecting the level of light in the environment and producing clearer and sharper pictures even at night, you may have to stress a little on the iPhone 11 to activate night mode.
Video Camera - The OPPO Reno2 video camera gives you the opportunity to make videos while moving or still with the Ultra Steady Video option as well as sound focus, dynamic zoom and auto wind reduction.

OPPO Reno2 scores - 8.5/10
iPhone 11 scores - 6.4/10

INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY

OPPO Reno2 features the unique Shark-fin selfie camera which of course, provides for a notch-free screen perfect for gaming and streaming videos; the embedded quad-camera setup which protects your camera from scratches and dust and while the iPhone 11 has the new dual-lens, it is not quite as protected - and even a pouch will not help you with this.

The iPhone 11 features the Dolby Atmos which adds improvement to the sound system of the iPhone 11. The OPPO Reno2, on the other hand, has the 360 degrees microphone which record audio from all angles as well as the stereo speakers to give you the maximum loudspeaker experience with noise cancellation.

OPPO Reno2 scores - 8/10
iPhone 11 scores - 7/10

DESIGN

OPPO Reno2 has the 6.5 inch (16.51 cm) screen with no notch whatsoever. This is made possible by the unique Shark-fin selfie camera which provides for an obstruction-free screen, great for your streaming and gaming experiences. It’s also a well-known fact that activities like reading, browsing, chatting etc are more pleasurable on a bigger screen.

The iPhone 11 has a 6”1 (15.49cm) screen size, obviously not as impressive, the OPPO Reno2 screen is bigger by over 15%. Also, the OPPO Reno2 has an AMOLED screen which makes everything sharper and clearer when compared to the iPhone 11 IPS LCD screen.

Made with Gorilla Glass 6, the OPPO Reno2 is lightweight and sleek to the touch. The iPhone 11 is made with Gorilla Glass as well but is a little on the heavy side. However, the iPhone 11 is slimmer in hand (8.1 mm) than the OPPO Reno2 (9.5 mm).

While the iPhone comes in six colours: black, green, yellow, purple, red and white, the OPPO Reno2 comes in great naturalistic colours from the ocean blue and luminous black - with each colour fading and increasing at different parts of the rear, presenting great aesthetics to the user.

OPPO Reno2 scores - 9/10
iPhone 11 scores - 7/10

BATTERY

Wait for it guys, the OPPO Reno2 has a whopping 4000 mAh battery capacity! Sorry, iPhone 11 (3110 mAh) but OPPO Reno2 has the day on this one (up to 25% more to be precise). Think of all you could do, from gaming to music to social networking and more - all without desperately searching for the nearby socket with eagle eyes. Well, the Reno2 gives you that freedom.

iPhone 11 does come with wireless charging and that gives it an edge over the Reno2. However, OPPO Reno2 comes with fast charging of VOOC v 3.0 fast charging which means you can charge your device in as little as 30 minutes and have it lasts as long as 24 hours.

OPPO Reno2 scores - 9/10
iPhone 11 scores - 7/10

PERFORMANCE

OPPO Reno2 has 100% more RAM (8 GB) than iPhone 11 has a RAM (4 GB). The winner in this category is already quite obvious as this also means that more apps can run at the same time on the OPPO Reno2. Aside from that, Reno2 has a ROM of 256 GB which can also be expanded up to 256 GB. Nothing short of amazing. iPhone 11 has a ROM of 64 GB, 12 GB and 256 GB - all dependent on pricing. More memory means more space for pictures, videos, music, applications and basically, whatever the hell you want on your phone.

You get the Qualcomm Snapdragon processor 730 G with the Reno2 and the Apple A13 Bionic with the iPhone 11. Reno2 however, has the edge as it comes with the Octa-Core processor which gives you the avenue to multitask (open as many apps as you want) without slowing down the user interface. iPhone 11 comes with Hexa Core, which is not as fast.

On the other hand, iPhone 11 has a faster CPU (2.65 GHz) than the Reno2 (2.2 GHz) and this assures users of a smoother experience.
ROM, RAM, Processor

OPPO Reno2 scores - 8/10
iPhone 11 scores - 6/10

EXPERIENCE

Both phones are cool, from the cameras to the designs. OPPO Reno2 stands out with the Shark-fin camera while iPhone 11 impresses with its looks and the wide range of available colours.

OPPO Reno2 boasts of the under-screen fingerprint which is a really great feature by the way; it’s painless and takes less than a second to unlock your phone. It also supports the FM Radio which is a feature that is missing in the iPhone 11.

Another appreciable feature of the Reno2 is the presence of the 3.5mm jack enables you to connect to more than a few other devices (such as speakers) that have 3.5mm port as well.

On the other hand, iPhone 11 may not be such a practical phone to use but it does offer a smoother experience, in interconnectivity across Apple products, against the OPPO Reno2.

For experience, I would say that this is a draw.

OPPO Reno2 scores - 8/10
iPhone 11 scores - 8/10

PRICE

OPPO Reno2 costs N179,000 while the iPhone 11 price in Nigeria starts around N288,000. Your choice may depend on what you need the phone for, as both phones actually perform similarly and are both status conferring items in the society.

In terms of practicality, most people would pick the Reno2 over the iPhone 11 since they perform similar functions and what’s more, the OPPO Reno2 does have that wow factor when the Shark-fin selfie camera pops out.

For all it does, the OPPO Reno2 offers good pricing that the high climbing Nigerian can afford, coupled with all the features of a phone needed for the day to day events or activities. The iPhone 11 pricing? Not so practical, there are a couple of things you could do with the extra bucks saved when you do not buy an iPhone 11.
It’s all down to you, would you rather spend N320,000 (128 GB) than N179,000 (256 GB) on a phone that would give you similar quality as one with lesser pricing? Your guess is as good as mine

OPPO Reno2 scores - 8/10
iPhone 11 scores - 6/10

CONCLUSION

Taking into consideration the above categories, from the camera to the battery, design and other factors, the OPPO Reno2 and iPhone 11 do measure up to each other.

iPhone 11 brings a new dual-lens to the iOS family while the OPPO Reno2 creates a whole new experience for that the Android family has never experienced before. With price being a major factor in users’ choice, it would be wise for users to critically look at each phone and how they stand against each other but thereafter pick the one that would serve them to the maximum without emptying their pockets.

30 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by Olanivalue(m): 11:55am On Dec 17, 2019
Oya pepper them OPPO. Very insightful comparison, well informed. cool

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by philsjoe: 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
Hmm yes Reno2 is a machine to be called a phone but don't forget Apple still remains the king amongst smartphone manufacturers.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by techboss1313: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
Please who else is planning to spend the money saved for iPhone 11 to get this Reno2.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by AmosAkins: 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
I guess so the reason why iPhone doesnt pack stuffs like 12gb ram and the rest is because they feel their users don't need it,its too excessive .. Or maybe the iPhone 11 can handle anything just fine grin grin
My opinion sha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by Timileyin1234(m): 5:11pm On Dec 17, 2019
U have smoked something

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by cutiedave(m): 11:49pm On Dec 17, 2019
Timileyin1234:
U have smoked something
I just dey look d guy...
Wanted to quote d guy but my strength failed me...
Very useless article

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by Branzy(m): 2:17am On Dec 18, 2019
Okay? What's your point? Argue with points oya
Timileyin1234:
U have smoked something

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by Lawrencestix(m): 6:59am On Dec 18, 2019
I have never been an Apple fan but ur comparison is bias
You have to understand that while Android needs higher ram,rom and multiple cores to function effectively and efficiently ios on the other hand does not need all of that.Apple processor is faster and better than snapdragon ios is fluid than android.Don't because of hate act blind to the truth.i have never owned an Apple products but i was fortunate to play with one.higher camera pixel doent mean better pictures it is the quality of the lens and optimization that does the trick.for example my xperia z1 has a 20.7mp camera which takes decent pictures but my lg g4 of 16mp takes better pictures.

115 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by krozay(m): 7:36am On Dec 18, 2019
Am not an apple fan boy but i think the OP is biased with some of the comparisons

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by AmosAkins: 7:47am On Dec 18, 2019
Lawrencestix:
I have never been an Apple fan but ur comparison is bias
You have to understand that while Android needs higher ram,rom and multiple cores to function effectively and efficiently ios on the other hand does not need all of that.Apple processor is faster and better than snapdragon ios is fluid than android.Don't because of hate act blind to the truth.i have never owned an Apple products but i was fortunate to play with one.higher camera pixel doent mean better pictures it is the quality of the lens and optimization that does the trick.for example my xperia z1 has a 20.7mp camera which takes decent pictures but my lg g4 of 16mp takes better pictures.

Exactly....
IOS doesn't load apps in the background unnecessarily
Unlike Android
So this reduces battery consumption.
1gb ram apple will best a 2gb ram Android not all but ... You know what I mean
I don't use apple but I know that fact

Apple apps are more stable so they work perfect for their phones... That's why you will hardly come across their phones overheating only if it is completely degraded (processor and battery)

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by Timileyin1234(m): 7:52am On Dec 18, 2019
krozay:
Am not an apple fan boy but i think the OP is biased with some of the comparisons
Someone that is almost mad. Comparing SD 720 to A13bionic.
He even said sd720 won
Na now I kno that poverty is a disease

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by Piloeternity(m): 9:40am On Dec 18, 2019
DUMB OPINION. PLEASE DONT TELL ME YOU KNOW TECH STUFF
AmosAkins:
I guess so the reason why iPhone doesnt pack stuffs like 12gb ram and the rest is because they feel their users don't need it,its too excessive .. Or maybe the iPhone 11 can handle anything just fine grin grin
My opinion sha

4 Likes

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by Gojugbeli: 10:04am On Dec 18, 2019
I felt so too until I saw and read this
https://www.gadgetsnow.com/compare-mobile-phones/Apple-iPhone-11-vs-OPPO-Reno-2
krozay:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by AmosAkins: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
Piloeternity:
DUMB OPINION. PLEASE DONT TELL ME YOU KNOW TECH STUFF

I know the ram size depends on the processor and all that
What I meant is IOS is different from Android
If not better.. Lemme give an example
Android use ram for everything so needs more unlike IOS so that is why new flagship Android are opting for huge ram that can't be fully utilized undecided
Although it has is benefits
Fact is IPhone11 is well optimized so I don't feel the Reno2 beats it
Fact again is iPhone 6 or latter still beats some mid range Android produced even as at now
Like I said My opinion grin
If you don't like it
Walk away smiley

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by Timileyin1234(m): 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2019
iPhone X geekbench score after 2years on iOS 13.3

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by sunshineV(f): 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
I already knew this post is gonna be stupid as hail

3 Likes

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:39am On Dec 19, 2019
Cool phones : But SAMSUNG still remain the KING OF PHONES!

Samsung Galaxy S 10 plus rocks, we love it absolutely, we absolutely love it!

The phone na Baba!

kiss kiss kiss

Mateen1000:

Yes you are right
But Samsung lacks durability
Can u afford the S10 plus screen twice
You want to buy a phone around 400K to dey nack am for floor?!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by lyriclekidd(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2019
Dumb
Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by wonuks(m): 7:40am On Dec 19, 2019
cool
Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by benjamin007: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2019
C
Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by cutiedave(m): 7:42am On Dec 19, 2019
The mod that pushed this rubbish post to frontpage needs help...seun take note

5 Likes

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by livebyday(m): 7:42am On Dec 19, 2019
This article is garbage

Infact this write up is so bad it should be deleted

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by flexyrule(m): 7:43am On Dec 19, 2019
What's the essence of this topic now?
It is this same our "I too know" that resulted in people electing l someone like Buhari as President.

4 Likes

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by Topmaike007(m): 7:43am On Dec 19, 2019
G
Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by Neoteny(m): 7:43am On Dec 19, 2019
This phony reviewer ought to be shot for this heresy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by Lanretoye(m): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2019
What is oppo?.
Re: Comparison Thread: OPPO Reno2 Vs Apple Iphone 11 by airminem(f): 7:44am On Dec 19, 2019
cheesy

OPPO or OP isnt trying to look for extra attention. Maybe just want to be like iPhone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How MTN, Airtel & 9mobile Celebrated Valentine's Day (Funny Pictures) / Does Sim Card Determine Internet Speed? My Experience / Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10 And S10+ Quick Hands On & First Impressions (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.