Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase (39555 Views)

Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveals Legitimate Aircraft Purchase / Arewa, Ohanaeze, Yoruba, Ijaw Youths Reveal Those Trying To Bring Down Air Peace / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by rexandyke(m): 2:14pm On Dec 18, 2019
codedguy1:

Ode!

Why don't you educate us on what an NGO is so we would know what you have as brain matter.

A simple Google search could have given you the answer. But let me help you

NGO
/ˌɛnˌdʒiːˈəʊ/
noun
a non-profit organization that operates independently of any government, typically one whose purpose is to address a social or political issue.
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by Peacecoy19: 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
Dreal1247:
Hope there is no political witchhunting going on against Onyeama
By the USA authorities?
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2019
daddytime:
Abeg carry this new revelation go meet them for the US courts.

I hope to see the accused vindicated if innocent.

Thank you. What many are displaying here is what is called functional illiteracy. They can clear him a million times in Nigeria if they want. It is the US DOJ (Department of Justice) case against Air Peace boss , and its outcome, that matters.

The USA is not Nigeria where every blogger, individual, news source , charlatan and fake activist, like Adeyanju, can arrogate upon themselves the power to be judge, jury and executioner. Nigerians can continue to declare Onyeama innocent in Nigeria while his prosecutors in the USA are yet to host him as per the arrest warrant Onyeama won't honour by handing himself in to clear his name.

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by codedguy1(m): 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2019
rexandyke:

A simple Google search could have given you the answer. But let me help you

NGO
/ˌɛnˌdʒiːˈəʊ/
noun
a non-profit organization that operates independently of any government, typically one whose purpose is to address a social or political issue.

How does this definition help your cause?

The more reasonable question you should have asked would have been "how are NGOs generally funded"

When you answer this question, then ask if it is legal (in the US) to divert those funds for a private business?

1 Like

Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by rexandyke(m): 3:52pm On Dec 18, 2019
codedguy1:

How does this definition help your cause?

The more reasonable question you should have asked would have been "how are NGOs generally funded"

When you answer this question, then ask if it is legal (in the US) to divert those funds for a private business?

It is like you want to run away from what you said earlier. Gerrout here!
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by codedguy1(m): 4:15pm On Dec 18, 2019
rexandyke:

It is like you want to run away from what you said earlier. Gerrout here!

What did I say that I am running away from? Be specific, so that I will assess how dumb or dumber you are?
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by blank(f): 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2019
codedguy1:
The details are in the report.

Boeing must have verified the documents but are they supposed to verify where the funds came from. That should have been done by the IRS. Tax evasion or money laundery allegations can be weighty in the US depending on how it is handled.

That's why Boeing is not on trial but Onyeama is. Boeing still need to have done some due diligence on their part. Seeing a transfer from an NGO should have put them on enquiry and they should have flagged it.
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by codedguy1(m): 4:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
blank:

That's why Boeing is not on trial but Onyeama is. Boeing still need to have done some due diligence on their part. Seeing a transfer from an NGO should have put them on enquiry and they should have flagged it.

I agree! Means Boeing themselves have some explaining g to do.
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by quincynyc(m): 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2019
codedguy1:

It is wrong to use money for NGO for private business.

If he diverted funds from his NGO to purchase the planes, then there is a problem there.

They would investigate how the funds got to the NGO before it was diverted to buy planes. If they were some sort of donations he can't use those funds for business.

Its not like in Naija where tithes and offerings are donated in church and then the church establishes a school or business, abroad you must show how you got the funds, did he borrow from the bank or what?

I hope I have explained what I insinuated.

And if you read d report well sir he owns d said NGO or at least co owns them so he decided to channel some money there and later decided to use it for business which hell definitely return as the company makes more gains. Except I didn't understand it well sha
Re: Air Peace: Fresh Facts Reveal Legitimate Aircraft Purchase by codedguy1(m): 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2019
quincynyc:

And if you read d report well sir he owns d said NGO or at least co owns them so he decided to channel some money there and later decided to use it for business which hell definitely return as the company makes more gains. Except I didn't understand it well sha

Yes you obviously didnt understand!

Regardless of whether he owns the NGO or not, it is wrong(at least in the US) to divert money from an NGO to private business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Greedy Nigerians Cashing In On The Rising Dollar Exchange Rate / Profitable Small Business Ideas For Nigerians / Man Strips Unclad At Debtor's House To Demand He Pays Him His Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.